SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : gospel of grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

gospel of grace

when I come to Jesus to find life, how do I get it?

2012/6/9 23:36
proudpapa

Re: gospel of grace

RE:NoahJD wrote
//when I come to Jesus to find life, how do I get it?//

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Numbers 21
6 And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; pray unto the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Look and Live!!

2012/6/10 0:00Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro.NoahJD,

Are you asking ?

The gospel of Grace...?

The gospel, is the gospel of the kingdom of God,or as Jesus said 'THIS '
gospel.

And Grace is the amazing drawing of us to this kingdom of God.

Grace : the Devine influence upon the heart and it's reflection in the life.

Lovingly ,
elizabeth

2012/6/10 0:13Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Elibeth

I have a question for you please:
You wrote: "The gospel, is the gospel of the kingdom of God, or as Jesus said 'THIS 'gospel".
I found your seeming deliberate choice of words very intriguing and this is what prompts me to ask you directly about them.
Ummmm, could you please tell me how and where you first became introduced to what you have described here as the 'Gospel of the Kingdom'?

Thankyou

2012/6/10 1:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Quote: """when I come to Jesus to find life, how do I get it?"

By Faith; believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He now liveth in you.

By the Christ that now lives in you.

By the life you now live in Christ.

By the faith of Christ in you.

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

By Pauls mystery.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

By being born again into a new life which is Christ-life.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

By knowing you no longer live, but Christ who lives in you and by His works in you which worketh mightily, always striving to be what God intended you to be; A Christ person, because "as He is in this world so are we.

IN Christ: Phillip

2012/6/10 5:10Profile

Re:

Possibly a tangent: I don't think I ever understood these verses, Philip said, "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor." An explanation could be key to me understanding how one goes from grace in Christ to practical righteousness. Thanks Philip for the encouragement.

Elibeth: I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. By gospel of grace I am referring to a reformed view of the gospel. That's what my church believes. I used to struggle with works righteousness and I'm trying to leave it in my past.

Proudpapa: I've heard that before. I guess I'm just working on the looking part. Looking to Him all the time.

2012/6/10 10:00
Elibeth

NoahJD,

Greetings,

I' m sorry,...With so much that has went on here I really overlooked your question:
"When I come to Jesus to find life, how do I get it." ?

When we repent and turn to Jesus,..He offers us Life.
Jesus said,' I Am come that they ( His sheep) might have Life,and that more abbundantly. (Jn.10:10)

Jn.6:63, says, " The Words that I speak unto you,they are Spirit,and they are Life. " ( when we see Jesus,we must see Him as Jesus / Word / Spirit what He is saying to us.)

When we recieve His Holy Spirit,...which is Word/ Spirit,..It is in us,rising up unto >>>>Eternal Life. "(like a fountain of Living Water) "rising up from within.
If we choose His will,..His leading / guiding, ( KEEP His Word that He is giving us,....then this is Life, .....this is the Life of the Son, He is offering us.

But if we choose NOT TO DIE to our will/way/word, in other words,...just throw His Word / Way / Voice , to the ground,...and KEEP our own
will / way / word / voice,..this is NOT Life.

IN HIM is Life.
This is Life in the kingdom, where the King is Jesus.
The Holy Spirit has come to do a work,which is His work in us.

I know there is much more on Life,....and sometimes it is not always easy for me to portray what I am trying to say,...sorry.

In Him, who loves us so very much,

elizabeth

2012/6/10 20:35Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Re: | Edit |
Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

"The life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God"

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

If sin can take me away from God, then the Blood just did not have enought power to save me in the first place.

I cannot redeem myself or unredeem myself, I am Gods.

1 Peter 1:18-21 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Doubt is satans game, assurance is; God won the game in Christ.

Is this witness not enough?

1 John 5:9-13 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The hatred of sin drives me to repentance, which is not of myself but by the Conviction and reproof of the Holy Spirit.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

What is the practical living of this Christ Life?

1 Peter 1:20-23 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

By Him.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/6/10 22:33Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Yes Blayne,

You ask me if I could tell you how and where I was first introduced to what I have discribed there as " the gospel of the kingdom "

I am happy to share what the Lord has been Gracious enough to have shared with me,..always.

Is it alright if I pull up the subject on the kingdom that is in the archives,
and continue there ?

It may take me a little time, so please bear with me.

elizabeth

2012/6/10 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy