SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Convert from Islam to Christianity Beheaded

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Convert from Islam to Christianity Beheaded

This took place in Tunisia. One of the first countries of the so called "Arab Spring"

(Edit I ,thingsabove, have removed the link. Enough folks are now aware of what happened. you can do a search online and find it as well if you need to.)

A liberal host in tunisisa shows this video and denounces it.

Clicking on the link will give you the transcript you can then decide if you want to watch the video.

It appears that this brother was at peace when he was martyred.

2012/6/6 19:29
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Convert from Islam to Christianity Beheaded

What an intense scene. I can usually stomach alot but not a head cutting. What also strikes me in this article is this Tawfiq, he is a liberal? I am wondering if this brand of liberal is similiar to the brand of Liberal here in the U.S.

2012/6/6 19:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I personally started to watch the video and felt I should not. I really want to caution anyone watching this, it is really not a good thing to become used to killing and murder. Such things are showing we are nearing the end times brothers and sisters.

2012/6/6 19:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Greg,

Quote:

I personally started to watch the video and felt I should not. I really want to caution anyone watching this, it is really not a good thing to become used to killing and murder. Such things are showing we are nearing the end times brothers and sisters.

I think that this is sound wisdom. While in college, I unwittingly watched the video of an American beheaded in Afghanistan. I was "cleaning" out the public computers at the Archives where I worked, and this unmarked video had been stored on the hard drive. The image was haunting...and it took much prayer to concentrate only on those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of a good report (Philippians 4:8).

I do think that this man's example is good. There is no doubt that we should be willing to go to death for the cause of Christ. However, we don't have to "see" these things to know the extent by which we are willing to suffer for the sake of the Lord.

2012/6/6 20:06Profile

Re:

I also could not bring myself to watch the video. I have a feeling we will see and experience the real thing before everything is said and done. I know this precious saint is in the arms of Jesus. I also found myself praying for his executioners. Namely God would forgive them and they would find Christ. As we are persecuted we are to forgive our enemies and pray they find Jesus. This is what Jesus did on the cross to those who crucified him. This is what sets us apart from Islam. For ours is a life of forgiveness. There's is a religion of hatred.

Bearnaster.

2012/6/6 20:08

Re:

Somehow when something like this gets posted all the other threads become unimportant. Though I an not advocating watching this. Can we come out if our self centered bubbles and reflect on what just happened here. A brother just spilled his blood for Christ here.

Does this not mean anything to anybody here? Am I the only person who is impacted by this? Saints a brother had been martyred. Is anybody not moved by this?

Are there not those who weep and pray for the persecuted? Are there niot those who pray for the lost? Dies anybody not care what just transpired here? Is there no concern?

Somebody has rightly observed that the church in America cares nothing for the rest of the workd. Is this forum going to be silent over what just transpired here??

Does anybody not grasp what just occurred here? The silence here speaks volumes.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 6:17
brothagary

Re:

i could not watch it either

2012/6/7 6:46Profile

Re:

I was not for sure if I should have posted this news on SI but after seeing posts on cannibals I thought it would be ok to post.

I think most of us know that this is going on. We see news reports on whatever sites we visit.

However it is my opinion that some of us,not all, need a more pointed reality check from time to time on what is really happening.

I served two tours in Iraq. I have had exposure to certain things that have given me certain reality checks.

When Islam takes control of a country one of the first things is evangelism outlawed..how nice.

Sharia Law is of course implamented. One of the core of Islam is that you cannot leave Islam. Especially to go to Christianity.

In regards to the video post. Like abortion photo's or Holocuast photos they can be powerful reality checks as to whats really going on vs how we naturaly like to minimize or explain away certain realities.

Again I understand if some do not want to watch the video for whatever reasons. But some maybe need to see the reality of what is going on. What the end result of tolerating an intolrent religious system can bring.

Moves by certain states in America to prevent Sharia Law from getting a foothold in our legal system are warrented. Paul said a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Also we can get great encouragement by the witness of this martyr. Just as when we read from "Martyrs Mirror" or Foxes book of martyrs we get encouragenment that we to can face persecution and martrydom for Christ. The great cloud of witness is here today as well!

2012/6/7 6:51
Prayerful

Re:

Dear Brother,

I see that your zeal for righteousness and justice is great; know that you are blessed, for blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

There are those in America, and throughout the world, who are in this world but not of it; who do not love this world, nor the things in it. Who keep their hearts from the attacks of the enemy and treasure up the Word of God, and the knowledge that He is indeed coming soon.

Praise God for your heart, dear one. There are two places I would like to direct you to, to encourage you. One is called The Voice of The Martyrs, and the other is Gospel for Asia. Both are involved in sharing the gospel and encouraging believers in lands where they are persecuted. It is indeed heartbreaking, to see the sufferings our dear brothers and sisters go through. I pray that you would forgive the inability of your brothers to go to these lands today; the Lord will lead me on such a day as He would have me go. I do pray for these brothers and sisters, and we know that there is a holy remnant in this land and in other lands, who seek the Lord, and whose hearts are broken over the sin that is murdering these saints.

For there under the altar in heaven are the souls of those who had been slain for the Word of God and for the witness that they had borne... they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace...

Be blessed dear one. Praise God for your heart and for the hearts of those who earnestly seek the Lord!

2012/6/7 6:53Profile
FreeSparrow

Just passing through

Re: Convert from Islam to Christianity Beheaded

I come daily and read and learn so much. I am very grateful for this wonderful site where I can grow in the things of the Lord. But, I could not watch this. I started to and could not. My heart was broken and bleeding for this dear saint. I seldom post, but felt I should with this...I do not think we should watch the execution of the saints,it is enough to hear of their faithful example.

2012/6/7 9:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy