SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Whorshiping HIM even as the darkness falls

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Whorshiping HIM even as the darkness falls

God is doing things greater and more wondrous than we can ever imagine or comprehend in this present day. He is working all things to HIS good and perfect will regardless of what we see in the reality of our limited view. I wonder if we will be worshipers even as the darkness falls around us? Will we in the days, weeks, and months ahead no matter what is happening in this fallen world seek to pray and worship GOD? In the midst of our struggles will we lift our voices and give thanks knowing HE is good? The next time pain, sorrows, and struggles come our way will we still open our hearts to HIM, sing HIS praises for all the world to hear and know that regardless of what our eyes see HE still lives, HE still reigns? Will we rejoice in this hour as the storm approaches, will we get down on our knees and give thanks?? Will we TRUST HIM to handle whatever the situation, whatever the struggle or trail might be, giving HIM all the glory and honor HE so deserves?

I want to be a worshiper, I want to sing of HIS love and mercy no matter what. I want to face each day with my eyes fixed on HIM and my heart open to HIS leading. I know times are filled with uncertainty but JESUS is constant. IT is our choice how we respond to HIM, will we be worshipers who hold tight until the end or will we sink down into despair? GOD has a plan we know this to be true let us give thanks and praise HIS name!! Revelations 5:12 "Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing."

God bless
mj

2012/6/6 10:16Profile
Blayne

Re: Whorshiping HIM even as the darkness falls

Hi! MaryJane

Yuh know? I read this Thread of yours earlier and sortta' hurriedly said to myself, "Oh, thatz nice!".
Here I am back again now and reading it again and once again.
It got me thinking.
I'm the last person tuh feel like I wanna' sing 'er anything like that. I'm jus' not the singing type. But I envy those who are. Most time, when I hear God's people singing in church, I can hardly hold back the tears. The melodies can be so heart-warming. But I seldom feel the urge to spontaneously join in.
I was especially impressed by your saying, "I want to be a worshiper".
Anyways, I was thinking about that after reading your Thread here and I asked myself why it was that I very rarely feel like singing. Then it hit me. When I'm especially feeling close to the Lord and prompted to worship Him, I reach for my Bible and it 'sings' for and to me ... so to speak.
When I want to worship the Lord, I jus' sit my Bible on my lap and read His thoughts and become lost in them. It's indescribable joy for me to hear His words echo like a song in my heart ... that's the only way I can describe it.
So, MaryJane. I'm not feeling so bad now after reading your Post here. At first, I was feeling rather awkward. But after thinking about it, I see that worshiping has many forms; all equal in the sight of God.
Anyways, thanks for your Post. It greatly warmed and blessed me.

============================
Whorshiping HIM even as the darkness falls
by MaryJane on 2012/6/6 7:16:15
============================

2012/6/6 11:40Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Blayne wrote:So, MaryJane. I'm not feeling so bad now after reading your Post here. At first, I was feeling rather awkward. But after thinking about it, I see that worshiping has many forms; all equal in the sight of God.

I give thanks unto the LORD that you have that time with HIM! How good HE is to allow us these moments and opportunities to worship and praise HIM. I think its all about the attitudes of our hearts!! I love that the apostles were so filled with the Spirit that they went into persecution, jail, beatings, and even death with praise for the LORD upon their lips.How that must have just irked the enemy!! So awesome is our GOD, HE gives you and I the same HOLY SPIRIT today as HE gave to those early believes!!

There are times when I have struggled with the attitude of my heart but I long to be a worshiper, to really see past the realities of my limited vision and walk in HIM in trust and faith!! By HIS strength I know I can look on these things that come along and praise HIM.

I rejoice with you brother in the LORD and give thanks to HIM!

God bless
mj

2012/6/6 12:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy