SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

If you are having doubts about your salvation...

Then you're an unbeliever right?

Because doubt is unbelief.

God says everyone that believes is justified (Acts 13:39).

You're saying, "I believe but I might not be justified".

So you're calling God a liar.

"He that believes not God has called God a liar". 1 Jn 5:10.

Andrew Christopher Bain
http://Godnoliar.com

2012/6/6 4:18
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

You can have the least possible amount of doubt about your salvation and not be saved.

It all depends on how one defnines "believe."

A person may have no doubt whatsoever that they are "saved" because 30 years ago they raised their hand during a church service to "accept Christ" or they may have even went forward at a Billy Graham crusade. However, this sense of security does not = actual security.

I believe the Bible teaches security for the believer, not the unbeliever. And yes, I believe a person can be a believer at one point in their life and an unbeliever at another point. You can be in the vine, or off the vine, or in the branch, or off the branch.

Once again, it hinges on how one defines "belief."

2012/6/6 7:35Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Hi Andrew,

I wish you the best in understanding more of Gods word concerning grace and mercy. The law brought no one to the Lord, the blood of Jesus went back through time to the first Adam to bring about salvation.

To whom much is forgiven there is much love. I have been forgiven much and so understand grace better than some because I did not deserve Gods grace and that is why it is grace. I am not talking about greasy grace which allows for sin and pardons it without repentance.

If you look into scripture in the new testament alone and see who doubted then you will have to consider whether they all lost their salvtion at that time. A doubt is a normal part of Christianity as I understand it, we have several adverseries. Satan said to Eve "hath God said", when Jesus was tempted Satan misquoted scripture. It is like saying that we are sinning if we are tempted.

If we doubt due to seeing our own carnality or for some other reason, maybe a death in the family then we are balancing the matter untill we decide wether to believe or not, this is what matters surely. I know some of my brothers and sister may be tormented by thoughts and doubts i pray that the Lord releases you of this. remember we have three enemies the world the flesh and the devil all of which can be the sorce of doubt.

You may not agree with this position however i would ask that you take a fresh look at it from the position of the entire scripture. It would appear that most if not all christians doubted between the cross and the resurrection, do you think that they all lost their salvation because of that doubt?

Obviously I am taking the postion that your statement of an unbeliever is one who is separtated from the grace of God and therefor not saved. Maybe I do not fully understand your postion. I trust you have a rewarding time of study should you chose to look at this afresh.

Kind regards

By the way we tend not to use our names because of potential issues from those not looking for peace and encouragement.

2012/6/6 8:07Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

You can have the least possible amount of doubt about your salvation and not be saved.

Good Point. I know a frequent poster here who has zero doubt about his salvation, who is much elder in age but I am absoultely sure he is not saved. Proof, personal testimony after coming to Christ has nothing common with life of Jesus and there is no desire in him to repent as well. No desire to apologize if he has hurt someone etc. How can this man be saved?

2012/6/6 8:58Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

It is my view that this original post can be a set up to judge people unnecessarily. It presupposes that if someone is a Christian and yet goes through some hard times and even to the point of wondering of their salvation then they are not saved. Really? This is ridiculous yet did I interpret the original posting correct?

If I am to take it as it is it would tell me that I am not saved and even if I were to 'get saved' I would not be saved because doubtless I would wonder about it as my life travels on into the future. I see it as a dangerous form of fundamentalism and a through process that has damaged many who used to go to church at one time and fell away because of............

John

2012/6/6 8:58Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

"Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief." The Apostle Thomas

2012/6/6 10:24Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Yes P777,

Then these righteous ones will reply," Sir, when did we ever see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, naked, sick, or in prison?

2012/6/6 10:37Profile
Blayne

Hi! GodnoliarDot
Ummmm, I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says that a person who comes under the stare of the accuser is somehow risking his Salvation.
These kind of accusatory ideas prompt needless anxiety and fear; especially for the young Christians among us.
While you were busy naming suspects who might be calling God a liar, did you know that God was awfully close to naming you an accuser of the brethern?

===================
Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever
by GodnoliarDot on 2012/6/6 1:18:05
===================

2012/6/6 11:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote:

"Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief."

I love this. It is so true-- we can believe- but at the same time have unbelief.

When the disciples were unable to cast out the demon from the boy who was being thrown into the fire etc, Jesus told them it was because of their unbelief. But obviously they had belief-- because they had cast out demons on prior occasions. But something about the way this particular demon was manifesting caused their unbelief to outweigh their belief.

Perhaps "unbelief" can be defined as alowing physical circumstances to counter our faith. It is not that we no longer believe in the Lord, or that he is not able to intervene, but sometimes we really get under our circumstances. That is what I call unbelief.

2012/6/6 16:07Profile

Thank you for your replies, gentlemen. Interested to know what you think of 2 Corinthians 4:6:

Because God who said, "Out of darkness Light shall shine," who shone in our hearts to give the brightness of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Imagine your standing outside in the sunlight, is it possible to doubt you are standing in the sun. Is it possible to have the Light of Christ in their heart and doubt?

Also, Jesus said believers will never thirst nor hunger...
"but whoever may drink of the water which I will give him will not thirst, never! But the water which I will give to him will become a fountain of water in him, springing up into everlasting life."-John 4:14

If a believer could lose their assurance, wouldn't they be thirsty but Jesus said they would never thirst so a believer could never lose their assurance.

2012/6/6 18:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy