SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay Marriage will End up at the Supreme Court

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Lisa... you have to understand that Sree is not an American and not born and raised here or has the benefit of having 12 generations of ancestors who have lived here like I have.

Therefore, it stands to reason that Sree has a different point of view on this issue than you and I. And thats ok!

I would be careful, Sree, of claiming that one form of government over another isnt God system when scripture doesnt say one way or the other.

It's kind of like saying "This is God's music, and this isnt" when scripture hasnt said.

We have to be careful when we claim to speak on God's behalf. Best to let scripture do that.

Krispy

2012/6/7 10:05
rbanks

Re:

Thanks Chris, Lisa, and Krispy!

God Bless you Brother Chris for your excellent post concerning the forefathers of America and the Constitution. Yesterday as I was looking at what Sree wrote and also thinking about the many times people are so critical of the USA it dawned on me as to how would they have done it differently. Chris I appreciate you, brother, and your stand and character has been a blessing to me over the few years I have been on SI. I have seen you handle others attacks with an excellent spirit.

Sree, you said that the church should not get involved with the vote concerning the marriage amendment. I must say that I am really rethinking on a lot of things and although I do not get involved in politic I still believe that the church is to pray most of all, but sometimes it needs to act but only as God leads.

Let me give you a scenario, let’s say you were born and raised in the USA and you are presently living in a city of 1000 people. There is a situation coming up where the people are to vote on an issue that will determine the state of affairs. Let’s say they are going to pass a law that young people can buy alcohol and some small amounts of drugs at the age of 16. Also there is an amendment that says teachers can teach elementary children all about homosexuality stating that it is an acceptable lifestyle. Now in your town where you live are many Christian people who have children that have been raised to live for the Lord. Let’s say that you are blessed to live in an area of 700 Christian people and only 300 are not Christians. Now the leaders of the government have decided that the Christians should not vote (just a scenario because in the USA everyone of an adult age has the right to vote), because they are only squatters because their kingdom is not of this world even though they still live here. Now let’s say that 100 of the remaining people really want homosexuality to be taught to the young and also alcohol and drugs for the teens at the age of sixteen. The other 200, some of them really don’t care. So they go to the polls to vote and because 700 Christian people couldn’t vote, the state of affairs will be changed to now have Children being taught homosexuality and teens can now get alcohol and drugs at 16 years of age. Oh and I forgot to tell you that you as a Christian must pay your taxes and your Children must go to the public school and be taught homosexuality as being acceptable and having it explained to them.

Now how do you think your town is now going to be affected? How do you think you and your family will be affected?

2012/6/7 11:41Profile

Re: A New Idolitry

A new form of idolitry is present. It is called the worship of America. We have to repent of the worship of America, worship of the American flag, worship of the founding.g fathers, worship of the Condtution, worship of the Republican and Tea Party, worship of democracy, worship of our American heritage. And so forth.

There was only one nation God set his heart in. And it was not America. It was Israel. Through Israel came the Messiah Jesus. Now under the New Covenant we are a holy Nation. Those who have put their trust in Jesus.

So let us repent of worshipping America and worship Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 12:06
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi bearmaster,

Obviously, we shouldn't "worship America." However, I don't know any believers who worship America, the founding fathers, the Constitution, the Republican party, the Tea Party, democracy or their American heritage.

I don't know who you have actually met who really does those things, Bearmaster. Are you sure that they are "worshiping" such things...or, perhaps, that they simply have a different opinion about such things than you? If you have met individuals who are worshiping something other than God, then you should warn them. However, you should be careful not to be an accuser of believers based upon "blanket" assumptions or opinions.

By the way, I find it interesting that the apostles didn't focus on perpetual warnings about government or government involvement. Paul, Peter, James and John didn't write much about Rome -- which was quite pagan to its core. They focused upon spiritual matters. When Peter met with Cornelius, he didn't engage in a long diatribe about how he needed to quit his post as a Centurion. He simply introduced this god-fearing man to Christ.

2012/6/7 12:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Paul, Peter, James and John didn't write much about Rome -- which was quite pagan to its core. They focused upon spiritual matters.

Actually, the few times that Paul did write about the government of Rome it was to use it to his benefit with the intention of furthering the gospel. And he did it well.

I fail to see Christians worshipping America too.

Krispy

2012/6/7 12:41
rbanks

Re:

Thanks Steve and Chris for your understanding and wisdom!

Yes bearmaster, I would encourage you to repent of worshipping America if that is what you are doing but also maybe you need to also repent of some other things also while you are in the repenting mode.

Yes I do thank God for having the privilege of living in the USA and only hope that others could have freedom of worship in the country they live in also. Anyone living in the USA ought to be thankful and do all they can in helping to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world.

I am sorry to disappoint all the USA haters but I don’t hate the USA but only pray that many will wake up and realize how important the gospel of Jesus Christ really is and also hope that many more will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

2012/6/7 13:30Profile

Re:

We as believers in Jesus are citizens of another country. A heavenly country. The scriptures tell us that we are a holy nation of priest. That holy nation if priest is a spiritual house offering spiritual sacrifices of praise to Jesus.

Again the scriptures tell us our citizenship is above. Not of this earth. The scriptures tell us that God is calling forth a people from every temporal nation to be a holy nation as unto him.

Now if my understanding of this is wrong please show me from the sciptures.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 15:53
rbanks

Re:

I very much agree with your last post bearmaster however that doesn't mean we should be ignorant to our surroundings and our responsibilities. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't appreciate things and show honor to the leaders of our society and pray for them.

2012/6/7 16:21Profile
Sree

Re:

Sister Lisa,

I am not against America. Infact I live in US and I believe that God brought me here to become a Christian. But I strongly believe that this is not a Christian nation and infact no nation is Christian. A true Christian nation will have its leaders appointed by God and not by men. I am not willing to argue with it. It is my personal view. Also God's Blessing is not a sign of God's acceptance (proof Matthew 5-45).

My point in this thread is- America is Republic (as said by you) and People choose its leaders and all its people have the right to choose the leaders. There is equality among them. Not all of them are believers and there is a minority (could even be majority but that is not my concern here) that do not want to obey God's law. Then how can we say to these minority that they have to give up their rights and follow only God's law? You cannot. The problem if you think deep is not in having a minority of unGodly people in US. There will always be such men among us, Jesus said very few will find the narrow way and many will take a broader way.

2012/6/7 16:35Profile

Re: Rbanks

Agreed brother. Honestly I do ask that God woukd save President Obana. Should Mitt Romney be President I woukd ask God to save him. Actually I am praying now God save Romney.

Bearnaster standing down.

2012/6/7 16:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy