Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Mystery of Salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Jesus-Is-God
Yes, I absolutely agree with you that the so-called 'Gospel of Fear and Torment' lends wrong motives to those seeking Salvation. It's a horrible tragedy.
Yet, I have the suspicion that everyone, regardless of their initial introduction to Repentance, are eventually brought to a place where the motives behind their decision become re-examined and, if necessary, subsequently adjusted.

Oh, an' 'bout the first being last/last being first ... it is speaking about how those who lived in Old Testament Times will be the last to enter the City of God and those who lived in New Testament times are the first.
This is why it says: "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he", (Matt 11:11).
The contrast is not between believers and unbelievers but between those of the Old Testament living in the visible world only and those of the New Testament who live and have their being in the Kingdom of God ... the invisible world.

==========================
by Jesus-is-GOD on 2012/6/3 23:08:51
==========================

2012/6/4 2:33Profile
brothagary

Re:

good day blayne ,and jesus is god

when wealsy ,edwards , whitfield and many others preached the good news ,,they also explained what the bad news was ,to make the good news extremly good ,, many where converted under tremundus angiush of soul with riverting revalations of hell and judgment ,,,,

so the holy spirit is souvern and if he likes to bring this type of revalation of hell he can and does

my conversions wasnt like that

regading election ,,for me it did the opasite of that you speak of ane,,,,,,i was petrafied to think that i would one day fall away from the faith and sin against my master and be cast away ,,,till one day the revalation of being elected and chossen ,,and sustained by god ,,,,,from that day my repentance deepend dramaticly ,,,

in reality all thaose who the father has givern jesus will come to him ,and he will in no ways cast them out ,,,the will of the father is that he raises them up in the last day ,,,,,,,that truth has sustained me

so as you said about certaint people think becasue they are not elect ,,they will fall away ,or not come to god ects ,,,,there reality is they will come if there have been chossesn by god to come god will draw them by his spirit through the doubting and raise up there spirits in the faith that he deals to each of his chossen ,and grant to them repentence regradless of there situation,,he will open up the understaing to heed the word of god ,,,,and no angle demon height nor depth ,neither any created thing shall be able stop this from hapening ,or seperate them from the love of god in jesus christ

im confdent about this ,,,,god will raise up a people for him self ,and he will do it however he likes ,,,

if he want to bring strong conviction of sin and hell in the first ,,or his a sensation love in the first ,and convistion later so be it ,,,,,

blessings

2012/6/4 4:13Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Brothagary
When Jesus knocked on the door of your heart, He was already acutely aware of your inner posture. He discerned that you were better prepared to welcome Him as a 'Taskmaster'. So, this is how he volunteered Himself to you. Jesus always speaks to us in a language and manner which is comfortable and easily understood by us.
It required perhaps 10,000 engineers and scientists with different needs and personalities to put a man on the moon. Yet, in spite of their many differences, they conformed to the task set before them and functioned in unison to achieve the goal.
The faithful Church also shares many varying needs and personalities among them. Yet, they too function as one with their eyes set on Jesus.
I myself was not looking for a 'Taskmaster'; instead a heavenly Father. Nevertheless, this does not interfere with the unity of purpose between myself and you, 'Brothagary'.

=================================
by brothagary on 2012/6/4 1:13:42
,for me it did the opasite of that you speak of ane,,,,,,i was petrafied to think that i would one day fall away from the faith and sin against my master and be cast away ,,,till one day the revalation of being elected and chossen ,,and sustained by god ,,,,,from that day my repentance deepend dramaticly ,,,

2012/6/4 5:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Mystery of Salvation

QUOTE:
"Does this mean the person ever had salvation"

Consider the scripture quoted below, taken from Matthew 7:(NASB)

21 “ Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’

23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

This quote by Jesus himself has ministered much to me...hope this will speak to you as it has to me.

Blessings.

2012/6/4 7:34Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2012/6/4 1:34:33

QUOTE:
"Does this mean the person ever had salvation"

21 “ Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’

23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

This quote by Jesus himself has ministered much to me...hope this will speak to you as it has to me.

Blessings.

Ginnyrose

theses same verses have often been on my heart as well. When I learned to sit at the LORDS feet and listen to HIM these verses became such a thing of beauty that brought me such assurance of HIS love and desire for me. It does matter to the LORD that we obey HIM and it does matter that we submit ourselves to HIS will and as LORD of our lives daily.

God Bless
mj

2012/6/4 9:29Profile

Re:

Thank you Ginnyrose and MaryJane for 'understanding' and bringing the meaning back, of what I was asking @ 22:08 last night.

GOD Bless!

2012/6/4 12:10

Re:

Ginnyrose quoted:

-------------------------------

As Steve Gallager has been quoted - something along the lines of a difference that we can relate to - that since he came to Christ during the 70's - a time that he shows had much more understanding of 'the cost' [except for the fringe group of charismaniacs] and a sounder foundation than what we see in these days - I too see a huge difference in the 'church' since those days and also have seen the attitude about the above verses, spoken by Jesus, pushed aside by those that say - "Well, I haven't been involved with "prophesy, casting out demons nor performing miracles", so these verses can in no way pertain to me." -- and thus they lose that one word and the main focus, "lawlessness/iniquity" by reversing the meaning of what the Master was saying.
Many of the old timers do see that this reversing of words has become a predominant practice since the apostasy began.

It is not the preaching of Hell that is the problem - it's those that only come to Him to escape it, with no thought of the cost that Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, James and Jude spoke of.
If I had to guess - I'd lay the blame on the tossing of the belief in the moral responsibility of having free-will and that obedience is synonymous with "Love the LORD your GOD with all your ..........".

The same "reversing" of the focus of the Scriptures that would cause the above to be blinded to the word "iniquity" in Matthew 7 would be also blind one to the same in Matt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Eze 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life

Eze 13:23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

2012/6/4 13:29
ArtB

New York

Re: The Mystery of Salvation

The Mystery of Salvation: is that I am saved solely by my acceptance of the Blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross, as washing away of all my sins - PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE - JESUS being the PERFECT and FINAL PASCHAL LAMB.

Upon accepting the covering of the blood shed by Jesus Christ, I received the Holy Spirit, by Whom I am transformed day by day, and through WHOM I walk day by day, trusting Him with confidence each day, and bathing in GOD's presence in me.

And this is God's gift to all who accept the blood of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

Jesus did for me that which I could not do for myself. I am so grateful. And I love God, and God loves me. Nothing, nor anyone, can snatch me out of His hand.

2012/6/5 8:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have often thought how terrible it must be for those who relied on their miracle-working ministry as a sign of approval by God on judgement day to hear the words of Jesus say, "Depart."

While we may look to other ministries to discern where they are operating from, it seems to me it is of utmost importance to check ourselves to see where we are in this scheme of spirituality.

Are we workers of lawlessness? Do we promote it? Sobering, IMHO.

2012/6/5 8:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy