SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dolly Scientist Gets Human Cloning License

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Dolly Scientist Gets Human Cloning License

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

LONDON Feb 9, 2005 — The scientist who attracted the world's attention by cloning Dolly the Sheep is about to take another major step for medical research: cloning human embryos and extracting stem cells to unravel the mysteries of muscle-wasting illnesses like Lou Gehrig's disease.

Ian Wilmut, who led the team that created Dolly at Scotland's Roslin Institute in 1996, was granted a cloning license Tuesday by British regulators to study how nerve cells go awry to cause motor neuron diseases.

The experiments do not involve creating cloned babies, but the license has nonetheless stirred fresh controversy over the issue and prompted abortion foes and other biological conservatives to condemn the decision.

2005/2/9 22:10Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Dolly Scientist Gets Human Cloning License

I am curious as to what will come of all this. From what I have heard stem cells don't really work well when put in a damaged system eg someone with paralysis in order to regenerate nerve tissue. I wonder where they are going with this...

2005/2/11 11:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy