SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : insight appreciated

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Blayne

RE: Blayne wrote What yuh think 'bout that proposal?

OK!

2012/6/4 23:05Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Proudpapa
Wow! I jus' got tuh see the new an' improved 'REPLY' Button. Very kewl!
I'm now engaged with an E-Learning project which must be delivered to a client before the weekend. So, don't be anticipating any further reply about this in this Forum until this coming Thursday / June 07.

I suppose we would do well to start by properly identifying the name of Jesus Christ. Next, we will identify the work of Jesus Christ.

So, the first installment will address why it is of foremost importance to reckon with the meanings of the names given Him. The names which the Bible ascribes to Jesus show Who Jesus is and what He does. Together they portray Him in the fullness of His being and His work.

In the Bible, a person's name frequently describes the nature and the deeds behind it. This certainly applies for Jesus; God has given His only-begotten Son a name of high significance and importance. Besides this beautiful name, the Bible also states many other names of Jesus such as: Christ, Lord, Son of God, Son of man, Lamb of God. These names support the meaning of Jesus' name and they emphasize certain aspects of the task God has given Him.

The whole of these names characterize Jesus in who He is and in what He does. It describes His character and His way of working. It offers a view of His place and position in God's Kingdom as well as His divine task and assignment with regard to man and creation.

Among the great number of names that are ascribed to Jesus in the bible, there is only one name that has been given to Him at His birth as a human being. At all times everyone can address Him by this name. This is His only and true proper name: Jesus. All other names are functional names; they are names and titles which came forward during the development of His life.

========================
by proudpapa on 2012/6/4 20:05:39

OK!
========================

2012/6/5 2:59Profile
jochbaptist

Re: insight appreciated

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

For me this is part of a pattern in scripture where God deals with man as man deals with God. Eg. Abraham not sparing his son, then God not sparing His. David building God a house, God building him one. The Church is "born" as the spear drew water and blood, so the First is born by water (womb) and blood (of the virgin).

2012/6/5 9:59Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! ProudPapa
About your earlier question concerning 1John:
If you examine these verses closely, the first thing you'll notice is that the verses place significant importance on believing Jesus is the Son of God.

It goes without saying that the key to these verses is that we should have a keen understanding of exactly what the name 'Son of God' fully means.
Only after our obtaining this knowledge about the exalted position of the 'Son of God' can we continue with the remaining verses which address additional names and works such as Father, Word, and Holy Ghost.

If anyone thought that an exegesis of these verses could be sufficiently addressed within a couple of paragraphs, they would be wrong.
The articles which I published are far to lengthy to Post here as a Thread an' so yuh better git yerself a coffe an' a cookie before sitting down to read them.
Later, if you wish, I can publish to the Stolen Spirit Site another series titled "God's Ultimate Plan and Purposes With Man" which should complete the aforementioned articles very nicely.

Anyways, I have published two articles to the Stolen Spirit Site which you might wish to read. One is titled "Jesus, the Name Above All Names" and also "The Works of Jesus".

The Stolen Spirit Site is waiting to distribute a book titled "The Land of Stolen Spirits" this coming November. It's not yet open to the general Public. I don't want to openly type in the Site URL here because Search Engines will discover the Site before its scheduled opening date in mid-October.

Oh, while you're visiting, yuh might as well enjoy the several Flash presentations at the Site too.

Jus' put a dot com at the end of " stolenspirit " and you should reach the Site easily.

When you Click either of the two articles, you will see a notice saying:
"You are not authorized to view this resource"
Simply SignIn using below info and you will be able to read the articles.

Type in DOT COM at the END of --------- stolenspirit ---------

CASE SENSITIVE SIGNIN
- THE LETTER " - G - " BELOW IS A CAPITAL LETTER -

Use Name: Guest
Use Password: Guest1

==============================
by proudpapa on 2012/6/4 20:05:39

OK!
==============================

2012/6/6 9:54Profile
proudpapa

Blayne I will have more time this weekend to look into it ,Thanks

2012/6/8 0:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy