SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hells best kept secret!! (by Ray Comfort)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Hells best kept secret!! (by Ray Comfort)

You were right KrispyKrittr..

Go to Ray comfort and download or just listen to
the Sermon, Hell's best kept secret.

And by the way this is about the best sermon I have heard and Ive heard alot of em.

Please coment after you listen.

2005/2/9 15:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Hells best kept secret!! (by Ray Comfort)

Yes, I remember the first time I heard this sermon a few years back, it is quite good. Here is the link to HBKS and also to Mr. Comfort's companion message to HBKS called True and False Conversion, listen to this one also.

One issue of concern with these messages. It's easy to take an evangelisation method and use it strictly as just that, a method. What I mean is that evangelisation requires the wisdom, strength, and leading of the Holy Spirit aquired through daily quiet time with the Lord. It's easy to grab ahold of something like this message and just parrot these methods of Mr. Comfort's to everyone we talk to and forget about our absolute impotence when it comes to meeting spiritual need in others and our absolute dependence on God to provide the bread and water, through us, to satisfy those who hunger and thirst. The method is not always preaching the law, then grace. The method is always waiting on God.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=434]Hell's Best Kept Secret[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=437]True and False Conversion[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/2/9 16:26Profile
moreofHim

Re: hell's best kept secret

Quote:
The method is not always preaching the law, then grace. The method is always waiting on God.

i couldn't agree with you more! I like Comfort's message and have given it to some people who are not quite ready for Ten shekels and A Shirt. But I still have a few reservations about the whole "method" thing. I know that Comfort's gift may be evangelism (is that a gift?) and for those who have this calling - these things are good to know. But i think it is a mistake that we should take these sermons and think that we have to ask everyone one we run into if they think they are a "good person" or not, then proceed to give them the whole message practically word for word. Where is the Holy Spirit in that? Where is the true surrender? Where is the explanation that we are supposed to surrender everything and pick up our cross and follow Him?

What happened to "we are supposed to love and serve and obey the Lord because He is WORTHY"? (Ten Shekels and a Shirt- for those who don't know :)

I think more people are "truly" saved by prayer in the secret closet and watching a true believer walk the talk. Maybe I'm wrong :-(

In His service, Chanin

2005/2/9 16:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
You were right KrispyKrittr..

Great! I'm glad you're taking the time to listen to him. It'll really jazz you up to go witness.

Krispy

2005/2/9 16:45
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Quote:
I know that Comfort's gift may be evangelism (is that a gift?) and for those who have this calling - these things are good to know.

From the little I know of the Lord I know well the Command to all.. Go and spread the word to the ends of the earth...

So if Jesus lives in you, Then by default you will want to win souls.. and if you have a understanding of the knowledge of salvation... Well it can't hurt.

PS. Even if you don't preach, your very life should shin with the Power of the Holy ONE.

PPS. I understand that I kinda went fishing for the quote above, but Im not perfect :-P

2005/2/9 17:27Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Become an evangelist before learning evangelism.

Quote:

moreofHim wrote:
i couldn't agree with you more! I like Comfort's message and have given it to some people who are not quite ready for Ten shekels and A Shirt. But I still have a few reservations about the whole "method" thing.

Paris Reidhead's preaching came to mind immediatly upon noticing this thread. Ron and Channin, you are totally on the money about the whole "meathod" thing. Comfort is great for understanding the fact that it is possible to be a false convert, and that our modern meathods of evangelism can faulty at best. I thank God that I had listened to Keith Green's What's Wrong With The Gospel and Paris Reaidhead's Ten Shekel's and a Shirt before hearing HBKS.

Lately, I've began to feel like God is turning me into an evangelist, rather than teaching me how to evangelise. Jesus said that "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks". If you were to spend your lifetime honestly "examining yourself to see if you're in the faith" and "working out your own salvation, with fear and trembling", you'd become intimately acquainted with the knowledge of the fact that there is no good thing in you (you can't even claim that Christ is a good thing in you, because that would be claiming ownership of Him - something for another thread:-)). If there is no good thing in you, then there is no room for arrogance and pride, as there is nothing to be arrogant and prideful about.

When we come to this place (more like, spend more time aware of it, not ignorant of it), then our "hearts will be full" of nothing but the love of God. If that be so, our words and meathods will be irrelevant, as our hearts will be communicating out of that abundance. Having said all that, "he who wins souls is wise". In otherwords, there is validity in evangelistic meathods, provided that the "heart is right".

I've personally distributed many a copy of HBKS, and have seen many, add the principles contained into their "preaching repitoir", rather than allow it to point the finger to themselves.
Personally, I prefer Reidhead's teaching on the matter. "Ten Shekels" is excellent, but to take it further, check out, The Right Use of the Law, allong with, God's Work Done God's Way. These two messages, along with "Ten Shekels", will really sort out your motives, before you consider evangelism. Another good one is, If You Agree (I believe this message is a companion to "Ten Shekel's" clarifying some of the themes within).

All these Reidhead messages, are incredibly challenging, and it is very difficult to remain the same after listening. If you really want your motives examined and realigned, listen to much of Art Katz. I know few people who have been able to look at their life the same after considering his words.

HBKS is still good in the sence that many will tell you "How not to do it", where Comfort tells you "How to". It's one thing to know the problem (though it be highly important), but quite another to find the solution.

2005/2/10 2:38Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

MoreofHim wrote:

Quote:
I think more people are "truly" saved by prayer in the secret closet and watching a true believer walk the talk. Maybe I'm wrong :-(

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Great! I'm glad you're taking the time to listen to him. It'll really jazz you up to go witness.

Krispy

Ray certainly does, but, God wants us, where He wants us...hmmm:-( ....He gave The Command to go, but to be effective and do what's perfect, ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2761]Be Ye Perfect[/url] Art Katz), we'll have to wait unto The Lord.

And Chanin, you made a point there, and it's not all about running around, it has to be real, to see in your life, that people see Jesus as a reality, not as a theory. The world isn't reading the Bible; they're reading Christians like you. And if they don't like what they see in you, they're not going to want what you've got--Jesus.

But your private time with God is so important, where you have this personal relation, with The Christ, Jesus Gods Own High Exalted Son. Where you worship, exalt and listen to Him, and He will let you know what to do.

Outer power comes from inner purity, and there is no spiritual Authority outside obedience to God.

in Christ

William

2005/2/10 6:09Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

_Disciple_ wrote:
He gave The Command to go, but to be effective and do what's perfect, ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2761]Be Ye Perfect[/url] Art Katz), we'll have to wait unto The Lord.

"Be Ye Perfect" is another great sermon for assessing motivation for what we do "for God". Another good sermon to inspire one to witness effectively is Confrontation With the Living God, which gives a practical example of "witnessing" being about God confronting man's rebellion, rather than trying to "win a convert". In other words, we "share our faith" so they'll "make their choice". We only fail if we leave them in indifference.

As I heard in a movie once, "We'll all stand before God one day. My job is to arrange the introduction.":-)

2005/2/10 6:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy