SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is the Roman Catholic Church really rooted in EVIL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen Jimp; There was a Revival that swept the World in the late 60s and early seventies. It is difficult to me to ascertain the exact beginning or the end of it, but my guess is 1967-1977; again, I am guessing. I was saved and baptized in the Spirit in this Revival, along with millions. I was born again on a street corner in Boulder Colorado in 1972.

Young Hippie like people who were glowing approached me, and began to preach to me, following the Baptist method of the four spiritual laws; "Roman's Road". I believed a little; my faith was as thin as a hair, but I said; "Lord Jesus, come into my heart a sinner!", as I kneeled.

They then laid hands on me, and a Spirit entered me, and as "it" flooded my inward being with molten love, I felt every sin I ever did wash away. I felt as if a cloud of love surrounded me, so strong that I could not walk strait; I staggered as a drunken man, and I loved everyone. I wanted everyone to get what I did; JESUS.

That was about the depth of my theology. That day, I began to tell everyone I met about Him, and led many to Christ. The Bible came alive to me, and I devoured it. I went to sleep in the glow, and awoke in the glow. I remember looking in the mirror a few weeks later..[ I had a full beard, and did not need to shave daily]..and I literally did not recognize myself. I was clean, and filled with joy. "Who is that?" I was shocked.

These are the affects of true Revival. It is counted in souls redeemed, and obvious in the change displayed in them. I carried the sins of murder, gross immorality, theft and filthy hate, and so on, without end. I rose from my kneeling that day free, and holy. I then began my walk. I was revived to God; Re-alived if you will.

Revival, however, is like a seed. The sower, God Almighty, walked my way, and cast Himself into me. After that, I went my way, to allow, or not to allow that holy seed to root, and bare fruit, to be conformed or not to that Jesus, whose spirit entered me. This phenomena happened to millions in America, including masses of Catholics.

Catholic people are no different than any other dead religion as EverestoSama pointed out on another thread about Charismatics.

Consider these:"

A Christian, Spirit filled Buddhist.
A Christian, Spirit filled Muslim.
A Christian, Spirit filled Hindu.
A Christian, Spirit filled Satanist.
A Christian, Spirit filled Voodoo practitioner.
A Christian, Spirit filled Mormon.
A Christian, Spirit filled Catholic.

"We wouldn't buy the validity of the first five (and hopefully not the sixth, though times are changing), but the seventh we feel a little more comfortable with, even though their religious establishment is just as lost and deceived as any one of the prior six?"..Everestosama

His point is that if one is truly born again, he would no longer be involved in Pagan practice and worship. The Roman Catholic religion does so. The Pope is not the one and only Vicar, Ambassador of Christ on the Earth, and is not infallible. This idea is no less than Satanic.

Mother Mary is not the mediator between God and mankind, and does not live forever to make intercession for them, as she cannot receive continual prayer forever from the billions. The Catholic Mary is a demon; Astarte, who was assigned the title Queen of Heaven by Satan himself millenia before Peter and Paul and the holy church.

The Priesthood of this power does not have the magic power to turn wine into blood, nor bread into holy flesh to serve mankind with mercy. They too, are servants of their master, the Prince of Darkness. They are,as the synagogue of Satan, not a church at all, as they twist the image and doctrine of the true church into the devils will.

Into this God reached down and SAVED!..Praise Him!..as he did me, and I am so grateful. I know several FORMER Catholics who came out of her Redeemed.

The Charismatic movement was intertwined within this Revival, along with many false conversions and lying spirits that embedded themselves there. God is sorting them out, yet, and this will continue until He returns.

" Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."....Jesus

And so it is with Revival; Catholics and filthy hippie ex-Marine scum like me.

2012/6/1 8:03
rbanks

Re:

quote-

Amen Jimp; There was a Revival that swept the World in the late 60s and early seventies. It is difficult to me to ascertain the exact beginning or the end of it, but my guess is 1967-1977; again, I am guessing. I was saved and baptized in the Spirit in this Revival, along with millions. I was born again on a street corner in Boulder Colorado in 1972.

Young Hippie like people who were glowing approached me, and began to preach to me, following the Baptist method of the four spiritual laws; "Roman's Road". I believed a little; my faith was as thin as a hair, but I said; "Lord Jesus, come into my heart a sinner!", as I kneeled.

They then laid hands on me, and a Spirit entered me, and as "it" flooded my inward being with molten love, I felt every sin I ever did wash away. I felt as if a cloud of love surrounded me, so strong that I could not walk strait; I staggered as a drunken man, and I loved everyone. I wanted everyone to get what I did; JESUS.

That was about the depth of my theology. That day, I began to tell everyone I met about Him, and led many to Christ. The Bible came alive to me, and I devoured it. I went to sleep in the glow, and awoke in the glow. I remember looking in the mirror a few weeks later..[ I had a full beard, and did not need to shave daily]..and I literally did not recognize myself. I was clean, and filled with joy. "Who is that?" I was shocked.

These are the affects of true Revival. It is counted in souls redeemed, and obvious in the change displayed in them. I carried the sins of murder, gross immorality, theft and filthy hate, and so on, without end. I rose from my kneeling that day free, and holy. I then began my walk. I was revived to God; Re-alived if you will.

Revival, however, is like a seed. The sower, God Almighty, walked my way, and cast Himself into me. After that, I went my way, to allow, or not to allow that holy seed to root, and bare fruit, to be conformed or not to that Jesus, whose spirit entered me. This phenomena happened to millions in America, including masses of Catholics.

Quote from brothertom

This is a good testimony brothertom and I am glad you told it like you remembered it without polishing it up to leave out some important details. I noticed you said some things that happened to you that I know would go against others theology and even good sound biblical theology as some would say. This goes to show you that God reveals himself to people many times without them having any real depth in theology or understanding of God’s way of salvation and holiness of lifestyle. The bible says that as we walk in the light we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. When we are in Christ we are a new creation and old things are passing away and all things becoming new. We are to put off the old man and be renewed in the spirit of our minds and put on the new man which is created after holiness in the image of Christ.

We must be careful to teach the way of God along with godly correction without condemnation. God did not call us to judge and condemn people but to reprove and rebuke with all long suffering and doctrine to preach the Word at all times.

Something else I want to point out is that I don’t believe the Lord wants us to over emphasize the wrongs in the past to excite emotions in people toward other people to the point of exciting anger toward people who had nothing to do with what happened back then.

This same thing has happened to many African American people who have been filtrated year after year with the suffering their forefathers endured at the hands of the white man in the past. I mean people can even be hated and can be looked at differently because of what others have done. I don’t believe this is what God wants us to do to put a blanket of judgment on every class of people. I want to minister to everybody without prejudgment. I want the Holy Spirit to lead me and show me how to bring people to Christ and how to teach them the things of God. I want the glorious gospel and the good news that Jesus brings to bring hope and healing to all people. There are things that have happened that is very grievous, but we don’t have to hang out there and brew over it. We must not let it make us bitter but more desirous to get the good news out there that will deliver people so we don’t have a relapse. I know that sometimes things in the past need to be mentioned but we don’t have to camp out there. We don’t have to dwell on them. Paul did terrible things before he came to Christ but he was redeemed to forever be grateful to His Lord. He had an overwhelming love for the Jewish people and wanted to see them saved. He was always following hard after Christ to know Him in all His fullness. He said he hadn’t reached there yet but one thing he does is forgetting those things which are behind him and reaching to those things that are before him he was always pressing toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I do not want to spend the bulk of my time criticizing but only to expound on the Word of God through the power of the Holy Spirit that will set the people free to truly Love God and their fellow man.

2012/6/1 9:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
His point is that if one is truly born again, he would no longer be involved in Pagan practice and worship.

I understand what your saying brother, however, is it any different than the worship of idols that we have in our Pentecostal Churches? We fight and devour one another over our idol doctrines. We have our gods of men, "he so anointed", "We have the Truth!" and no one else does mentality. (followed up with a smug).

The Charismatics that I know don't worship Mary or the Saints, they worship Christ. Yes they stay in the Catholic Church because their worship services are in the basement of the Church. Yes, they attend mass but they know the truth and they feel compelled or my be even obligated to stay right where their at. They are enemies to the RCC because they have a voice and only eternity will tell us what impact they have had on others who were bound within it's walls and now see the light because of their word that was fitly spoken. What is this need to come out all the time? If we have the truth, why not stay as a light?

If we are altogether in one place as believers our light is pretty dim mixed with everyone else's, but take that same individual light into a dark place and shine there, your going to have a different response. Your going to see things flee and your also going to see things come closer. It was said of D.L.Moody being in a train station people started dropping to their knees saying "you have convinced me of sin", and the preacher hadn't said anything.

When I read about the verse in the book of revelation, about "come out from among her and be ye separate", I see that as anything that takes the place of grace. Become unattached from it's religious ideas of how to come to God, get away from the flesh that is trying to please God and awake in the Spirit which is the only way to come to God. Your testimony of salvation on the street corner proves this very thing. You've come out of your way and just embraced by faith His way. In doing that, the plague has staid, death no longer has dominion over you.

2012/6/1 10:22

Re:

Quote:
Yes, they attend mass but they know the truth and they feel compelled or my be even obligated to stay right where their at.

I find it odd that I have never heard anyone ever say that concerning those who were Mormons or JW's... yet I hear it all the time concerning the RCC. Can you even imagine the outcry of a response someone would get if they suggested that new believers stay in the Mormon or JW church so they can "be an influence"? No one would ever make such a suggestion.

I consider the RCC to be way more dangerous to the Christian than the other two because on the surface the RCC seems to be close to the truth... until you start to really look at what it teaches and why it teaches it. Then you realize just how far from the truth the RCC really is.

The RCC is not apostate, which is what people imply when they speak of Christians who dont leave it so they can "make a difference". The RCC is not going to suddenly come around to the truth. In fact in the last 40 years or so since Vatican II the RCC has done nothing but strongly reinforce it's doctrines of demons.

The RCC is not apostate... The RCC is anti-Christ! The child of God is to not partake of it. Thats a Biblical command.
Krispy

2012/6/1 10:44

Re: What is a true Church!

Quote:
I find it odd that I have never heard anyone ever say that concerning those who were Mormons or JW's... yet I hear it all the time concerning the RCC.

It would be difficult to imagine a Jehovah's Witness getting saved for real and then being able to stay in the Kingdom Hall. Simply because JW teaching is a claim that Christ was Michael the Archangel becoming a man. Doing the work of God and thereby becoming Christ. Just an office not the Word made flesh. This is so blasphemous that it cannot be sat down with in any way. The christ of JW's is a claim that Christ was an angel made man; that he was spiritually raised from the dead and returned to heaven to once again become Michael, an arch angel.

The Mormon heresy is that Jesus is the brother of Satan. Enough said.

It would be impossible to live with such a blasphemy having come to a knowledge of the Truth concerning The Lord Jesus.

In Rome however, the centrality of Who Christ Was and Is, has been preserved in every detail. What makes it possible for RC brethren; the "my people" of "come out of her my people" in Revelations, to remain in Rome having come to a "living" understanding of the greater substance of salvation, is the centrality of your puzzlement.

What makes for a difficult understanding, is why these brethren don't see the blasphemous titles and idolatry which Rome practices as well as the blasphemy of the Mass. Then when you read Revelations and "Mystery Babylon" the Apostle John "wondered with a great wonder". You may see that perhaps this is because he could not actually fully comprehend what he was seeing in the vision. Which is to say, perhaps it seemed impossible to believe that a Church bearing the attributes of Christ could have come to such a place.

I know that this a view of some people who have given this a great deal of thought. What I personally find even more disturbing than the thought of Masses and blasphemous names, such as "Mary Mother of God" or idolatry and praying for the dead, is what all this means for the end of this age. Rome as a religious system is determined to maintain its position as the Mother of the True Faith, and does indeed believe that she will not become a widow.

As Tom shared in another post, Rome was present in the move of God in the 60's and 70's in the USA in which many people got soundly saved. They were the ones who came out of Rome. Yet many others stayed in Rome and their influence of charismatic thinking and effects has been real and well documented. The links are real. I guess this is a claim that Rome is manipulating even the little flocks with a mixture of truth and deception leading to an end time reality.

Andrew

Edited for spelling and grammar.

2012/6/1 17:30
jimp

Re:

hi, yes...God will save a mormon,hindu,jw,moslem,atheist,murderer,even a democrat... Jesus came to save sinners and gave us a job to go into all the world and make disciples of every ilk.we need to quit criticizing and go do our job of demonstrating the love of Jesus to the world.jimp

2012/6/1 21:43Profile

Stop criticizing! Be positive! That is the real gospel.

"Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men."

"For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Therefore watch!
and remember!

..that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears!"...

...Three years day and night eh? He needed to quit criticizing and be positive, I suppose.

Some things need to be shouted from our roof-tops, because they consume men.

2012/6/1 21:54

Re:

Quote:
I find it odd that I have never heard anyone ever say that concerning those who were Mormons or JW's..

We should all come out from all religions, even the ones that are considered okay. But, that is not going to happen. I know of a Full Gospel Church that used to be on fire for God. It was where all Pentecostal churches in this city originate. That FGC now is way off base. Prophets have been sent to warn it but they have pushed them away. They want their word of faith garbage. But people feel obligated to stay there, they have false doctrine and I know people that go there, saved people, but they are no different than the Catholic who stays where there at.

Now my brother Krisp, I completely understand your words and your take on this and I believe what you are saying is right. But there is a component that enters the equation that will rightly divide between us and them, that being persecution. A voice in the JW's will not be tolerated too much longer until they thrust you out for evil. I have been literally thrown out of a catholic church by a mad man who seemed to me to be mad with religion and I was just a visitor visiting the cathedrals in Montreal enjoying the interior of the building. Sitting there in the pew this man comes over to me uttering something in french telling me to get out and finally I had to make my way to the door and then he just pushed me out. I had no idea what happened. The only thing I could think of was that the level of demonic activity was higher here than it was in my small town.

Now that was just being in the building saying nothing, how much more if a man or woman opens their mouth and speak truth, perhaps they would get a slap across the face and thrown out and beaten.

2012/6/1 22:26
rbanks

Re:

great post concerning the apostle Paul's words brothertom until you got to the end!

I have read and spoken those scriptures many times in my life time and take them to heart. If you would notice Paul was a broken man and shed many tears over the welfare of the church. The concern of the church was upon him daily and how we need more ministers with this attitude including myself needing more tears over the welfare of the church. I also find Paul telling us to forbear with people in love and forgive others as Christ has forgiven us. I do not find Paul's writings as being negative minded and critical of others but very positive with a real and sincere warning for the church.

2012/6/1 22:54Profile
proudpapa

Augustine again

The new Foxes Book of Martyrs John Fox rewritten updated by Harold J chadwick p.56

referring to Papal persecutions and the Inquisition
/They justified the horrors they committed by wresing Old Testament Scriptures, and by appeal to (Augustine), who had interpreted luke 14:23 as endorsing the use of forse against heretics: "Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges,and compel them to come in,that my house may be filled."/

2012/6/1 23:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy