SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a Child Molester Inherit the Kingdom of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Absolutely Not!

There will definitely not be any child molesters in heaven!

Marvel not, for we must be born again!

2012/5/26 15:55Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Absolutely Not!

There will definitely not be any child molesters in heaven!

Marvel not, for we must be born again!

The way the original post is worded insinuates that the sin being reported is not repented of. In that case I agree that a person in that state cannot inherit the Kingdom. But neither can gossips, slanderers, those who hate their fellow brothers and sisters, and liars, etc.

But do you think there is no repentance for someone caught in this sin? I think there is.

2012/5/26 16:08Profile
rbanks

Re:

quote-

But do you think there is no repentance for someone caught in this sin? I think there is.

Yes, but only if God grants him the repentance, but that would be true of any sin. If there is true godly sorrow of sin and true faith in the Lord Jesus then I believe that God desires to grant repentance unto life.

2012/5/26 16:18Profile

Re: Nero and Caligula in Israel? Saved? yes.

"Child Molester saved? In heaven?

..."Yes, but only if God grants him the repentance, but that would be true of any sin. If there is true godly sorrow of sin and true faith in the Lord Jesus then I believe that God desires to grant repentance unto life...
RBANKS...Amen Rbanks!

"What sin can God not forgive?" Jesus said all sin except the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit "Shall be Forgiven!". ALL means ALL...and that means confessing it and forsaking it. The sinner of any ilk who does not forsake his sin, turn away, repent of it, is still dead in his sin. All of those who are dead in their sin, are lost.

..." And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still!”

Let us consider one worse than a child molester, if there be such a thing. Mannasah; the Caligula of Israel.How great is God's grace? Profile of King Manasseh.

Following from "Christian Forums" online.

Manasseh came to power at age 12. His father was the famous, righteous king Hezekiah. Ironically, his son was the even more famous, and more righteous Josiah, who was responsible for the greatest revival and most consistent faithful leadership of all the kings.

But Manasseh was more infamous than even the kings of Israel. He single handedly brought on the utter destruction of Jerusalem. Here is how his account begins:

2Ki 21:2 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

As if this wasn’t enough he surpassed the heathen, of whom God declared that their sins were ‘full’.

Manasseh seduced (Jerusalem) to do MORE evil than did the nations whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Israel.
Not content with building groves and high places or even the temples that Solomon built for his pagan wives;
And he built altars in the house of the LORD, also; 2Ch 33:7 And the carved image of the idol that he had made he set in the house of God, of which God said to David and to Solomon his son, "In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my name forever,

Jewish tradition tells us that Manasseh was the one who had the great prophet Isaiah to be placed inside a hollow log and sawn in two; which is referenced in Hebrews 11:37. His father had been greatly benefited by respecting this incredible prophet.

Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

But if that was an unthinkable sin, how does it compare to the next thing he did, in being used of Satan to wipe out the lineage of the Messiah;

[ Worse than a child molester?]
2Ch 33:6 And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom,

This man was truly the essence of evil, no matter what generation or people you come from, and it just goes on;
and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

2Ki 21:10-14 And the LORD spake by his servants the prophets, saying, Because Manasseh king of Judah hath done these abominations, and hath done wickedly above all that the Amorites did, which were before him, and hath made Judah also to sin with his idols:

" And I will forsake the remnant of mine inheritance, and deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies."

http://www.christianforums.com/t7650477/

After all this, Manassah repented after some cruel discipline, and was restored by the Lord; Amazing grace, for sure.

2012/5/26 17:47

Re:

My heart goes out to both the perpetrator and the victims. To the victims it's senseless, it makes absolutely no sense to them why these things are done to them at all. Their hell is to continue living in frustration and confusion, they are damaged goods. I know what thats like, it ain't pretty.

To the guy that went to jail, he is no different than us, for him though, he got caught, while the most of us got away. Perhaps we didn't do what he did, but we've done other sneaky stuff that were not proud of.

This goodness from God was him being caught and carted off to jail. He needed to be apprehended lest he'd continue on hurting more innocent lives. He may be in jail but his damage is lifelong in the lives that he has hurt. Though he may be getting what he deserves, what he deserves is to be restrained. If he truly belongs to God he will come to himself in the pigpen of despair, God will grant him repentance.

It's an awful feeling of being out of control when it comes to sexual immorality, the driving power to commit this crime overwhelms the person. The thing that he may have hated he was constantly doing. It's an awful state to be in.

May God have mercy on him and those that have been affected by his sin. Those poor girls, such tender minds violated.

2012/5/26 18:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Can a Child Molester Inherit the Kingdom of God?

dkr777,

I understand your concern for this pervert - it is a legitimate concern. How can a person who knew the WORD do such a horrific thing? Can God redeem him? This is as I would understand your question.

Now, I would like to focus on the victims - FIVE girls under the ages of 13. FIVE! get that! FIVE young girls!

Ever consider the damage he did to these FIVE girls? He killed something in each and everyone of them. He did it! He killed their innocence! Not only that, he made it very difficult for them to relate properly to males; this difficulty will be carried over into the marriage relationship! No kidding! These girls will have a very hard time relating sexually to a husband, even if he is loving.

Yes, this pervert killed something in these innocent girls. Does he care? Does he even begin to realize the damage he inflicted upon these girls? Can he ever begin to internalize this? Or, is he only sorry because he gets free room and board for 19 years and has to jump and walk when someone else tells him to?

Does this man realize how repulsive he is to other females/mothers? Does he realize that his sin has earned him the mistrust of females? the disgust of females out there who know him? Or, is he only sorry for the disadvantages that came his way because he got caught?

For the victims, it will take an supernatural intervention by the Holy Spirit to heal the scars inflicted upon these girls AND it will take time.

Yes, God can forgive but he must realize the depth of his sin and work to heal the damage he inflicted upon them. This work will be much more difficult then the pleasure he ever derived from playing out his sexual fantasies.

My response is one shared by my female friends. It is not just me...

2012/5/27 9:21Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It is interesting. My older brother pastored a church where a child molester got saved. The man had gone to prison for many years. He was released, and naturally, his family was not there to celebrate his release. He couldn't find a job. And shortly thereafter, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer that would later take his life. But being broken and destroyed, he came to powerfully know the Savior. Glory would come to mark that man's life, and he was beloved by the church there. I am glad to have met him a few times. His life became a testimony to the change our gospel can truly make in the lives of others. A change which psychologist tell us is impossible for a child molester to experience.

2012/5/27 9:59Profile

Re: A deeper reality

Quote:
Ever consider the damage he did to these FIVE girls? He killed something in each and everyone of them. He did it! He killed their innocence! Not only that, he made it very difficult for them to relate properly to males; this difficulty will be carried over into the marriage relationship! No kidding! These girls will have a very hard time relating sexually to a husband, even if he is loving

Sister GinnyRose your passion and focus is real and it is shared by many, both male and female.

In every tribe and tongue this crime is carried out, sometimes in the full visibility of authorities as well as male and female witnesses. The ancient world, much of which is recorded in Scriptures, consistently failed to resist it, and its effect was not always to produce ‘victims’ but in the end willing participants. I am not lying. Jezebel the daughter of a king, and wife of a king of Israel was not Jezebel without good reason. Her perverse willingness to always overthrow authority has as much to do with this crime as a king who is willing to take a child into carnal knowledge.

I realise that this is like walking into a fire, but it has to be said. The real instigator of this crime is Satan and not male or female. Countless millions of children are brought into carnal knowledge throughout the world and the deep purpose of it is to destroy lives. To rob and steal and to make ruin. Regardless of whether the visibility of this crime is seen as predatorily male, it is a crime against God as well as children. In this sense God Himself speaks for and is the avenger of children. This man should be in a state of complete terror concerning what God will do to him, if he is not granted repentance. Only God knows his heart and so only God in the end can judge whether the prayers of His servants to redeem him, are able to be answered. Without Christ most men would happily take such a man and cut him to pieces. And yes many men would do so in a fearful knowledge of the very same condition of lust which they know flickers across their minds at some time or other. Such as these, would exact the punishment to expiate the knowledge of their dreadful nature, fearfully. If this is seen only as hypocrisy and not a fleeing from a terrible knowledge, then the deeper and more dreadful reality of this crime is lost.

In Christ, the same dreadful nature is fled from by fleeing to the cross with a groan of deliverance. Every man who takes the name of Christ should understand this if he has a need to understand it. Some understand it because they themselves; including this man, have been abused and are as this world understands it, a victim. But to see this and not the more dreadful reality that it is Satan who is pleased with these things, then even the victims become the abusers. My own daughter is my own testimony in this regard as are the children of many who have been abused. This is God’s doing for which we are immeasurably grateful.

Andrew

2012/5/27 10:54

Re:

Quote:
He killed their innocence!

And who killed his?

2012/5/27 12:30

Re:

Having almost gone into the psych-field before I came to learn His Word - I've always noticed how His Word never goes into the sop of excuses of what 'supposedly' makes a person sin and defile others - especially when discussing any that 'lead' in the Church.
No psychological excuses - Just a lot of "sin not [period]" instructions to those professing Christ.

eta - as a matter of fact - if this happened in my Church - I would keep a distance from those that leaned toward "sympathy" for the abuser and didn't handle this in a Biblical manner. I don't see "sympathy" for the sexually immoral in His Word.
This man may or may not be able to repent. Romans 1 is still a possibility, which is being given over to reprobate.
No one will know if sincere repentence and forgiveness has taken place until the end.
That's why we're told to "keep ourselves" and why the State keeps a file on these people for the rest of their lives.

2012/5/27 12:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy