SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wake up America

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Wake up America

Prayer warriors - AMEN!!!!! This is SO AWESOME!!!! Watch the video and pass it on!!! Christians lets MAKE A STAND for CHRIST!!!! \O/

this video really speak
life
marriage
freedom

From "The Men of God at "'s facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vQt6IXXaM
This is AWESOME.....Christ followers, will you vote Biblical values or will you, like so many sheep follow the pied piper in washington..the proponent of removing the freedoms we for so long enjoyed, and like the god he believes he is, redefine marriage and demand that those opposed to the killing of the unborn pay for it, even if it is against their strongly held biblical or moral conviction. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!

2012/5/24 20:23
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Wake up America

This will be a downer post

I watched the video and it was nothing new. Mere positive thinking in my book and when it comes to politics this coming year there really is nothing new, is there? Can a President really do something about abortion anymore? Who was the last President that did anything about abortion beyond a silly speech? The marriage deal is up to the states and not the government even though Congress wants to make a law saying it is between one man and one woman. Ultimately it belongs to the states so if one votes for a President I suppose it would be a President who produces speeches for traditional marriage.

The economy- Is Obama doing great things with the economy? I really don't know. If Romney gets elected what is he going to do make the economy better? Anybody?

So, in this pep rally of voting for biblical values, I ask the poster how exactly does that work given the 2 candidates we have plus the ones you don't hear about from other parties.

2012/5/24 21:03Profile

Re:

We don't even know what God wants of us anymore as a society, do we? We are the conservative christian right wing voting block. Is that what God desires of us? The Lord is going to allow your man to win (a Mormon shape-shifting position changing etch-a-sketch) & it's all still going to crash. I don't rejoice in that at all, but it is what is going to happen to show you not to trust in horses, chariots, politicians, military might, etc. I know many won't understand what I'm saying and think I'm being negative or unpatriotic, but I'm sharing the Lord's heart over our nationalistic pride. It will be brought low so we will truly put all our trust in Him and nothing else. The Lord is breaking my heart to grieve over what is coming in His timing, but it must/will happen because He has tried to get us to turn to Him with all of our hearts, and yet we won't (as a whole). We are trying to "pull up our bootstraps and make something happen" & we have been so proud for so long we don't even see it. In fact, many think this is a message of treason just like they did in Jeremiah's day. "If you would truly Turn to the Lord and not your generals (politicians/military), you would hear Him say...."

2012/5/24 21:15
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am not sure I understand why you emphasize Mormon shifting position as if it really matters. I seriously doubt if Romney were to win we are going to hear a Mormon gospel out of the White House. Mormons, although not christians, share many of the same values Christians do and probably hold to many more fervently. What is the difference between having a Mormon as President as opposed to someone who says they are Christian and really don't show much of it at all. How will a Romney Presidency look difference from a Bush or Obama especially in terms of faith? I would imagine Romney would be closer to Bush in acknowledging God a little more but it won't go much beyond that. Is Romney going to do something on abortion? Probably not. How about marriage? He may support the tradition thing but that is it because of politics.

I often get the feeling from pro active Christians that if we don't elect a Christian president then America is doomed and under some kind of judgment. Is that really the case? The President only has so much power and Congress has the other half of that power. Just look at Congress, the pinnacle of a disaster and who is it made of? Yeah, conversatives................

I think we focus too much on politics as our book of revelation and when it look dark then we scream the whole world is falling apart, run for your lives and get right with God. It is a reason why many are disillusioned with the church because of radical and passioned nonsensical thinking. This is my view.....

2012/5/24 21:46Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Hi rh200300,

There might be something worthy to discuss in that video but please keep in mind that this is a Canadian based international Christian forum. As a general rule Sermonindex discourages political advertisements.

Personally, and as much as I would like to see good morals in any nation, I don't think that the Church needs a strong, politically conservative America to thrive.

2012/5/24 22:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi DEADn,

Just to touch on a few of your questions...

Quote:

Can a President really do something about abortion anymore?

The greatest "power" that an elected president (who only serves up to two four year terms) has is probably within the realm of federal judicial appointments and nominations to the U.S. Supreme Court. Abortion was largely illegal throughout the history of the United States until a single, three-vote majority decision in 1973. So, three judges overturned nearly two centuries of precedents.

The "tide" of law can literally be determined by the views of nine men and women sitting on the Supreme Court. American citizens are allowed to choose their representatives (in Congress and the President) who are tasked with nominating and confirming judicial nominees and appointments.

Quote:

Who was the last President that did anything about abortion beyond a silly speech?

The last three Republican presidents issued executive orders banning the funding of abortion by federal tax dollars. This undoubtedly saved lives. On the other hand, the previous two Democratic Party presidents issued executive orders repealing those executive orders while also issuing executive orders themselves. And, each president has appointed justices to federal courts and nominated justices to the Supreme Court who interpret the law of the land (including issues of abortion).

Quote:

The marriage deal is up to the states and not the government even though Congress wants to make a law saying it is between one man and one woman.

Not exactly. Within the next few years, the "homosexual marriage" issue will undoubtedly land in the Supreme Court. There are cases pending in California and other states that may reach the Court soon. If the Court had just one more Liberal member (with one less Conservative), a decision that the concept of "marriage" is an "equal rights" issue would probably be issued that would then be binding to all states -- regardless of their own laws. Likewise, an abortion issue could be decided soon that would turn the tide of this slaughter in the country too.

Currently, the Court is +1 Conservative and favors "state rights" when something is expressly covered by the U.S. Constitution. However, with nearly every social issue, the Court rules 5-4 -- with four Liberal members consistently voting against "states rights" about such issues. If a Conservative justice were to die, there would be an opening that could literally turn the tide of such issues and allow Liberal "living document" activists to define morality for the nation as a whole.

Quote:

Is Obama doing great things with the economy? I really don't know. If Romney gets elected what is he going to do make the economy better? Anybody?

Probably the most important economic issue that will come up over the next month (and into the election) is the repeal of "Obamacare." This socialized healthcare concept is extremely costly...and few people know what it actually consists of. This is not "free health care" or even the type of socialized health care embraced in certain European countries. It contains a mandate that all people must PURCHASE health insurance...simply for being alive. Some people will qualify for a subsidy that will cover the cost (if they stand in line at a welfare office). There is a calculator from the Washington Post that helps identify what Obamacare will cost you:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/

Granted, this calculator is based upon the initial estimates. Health care insurance premiums have literally doubled since that time due to regulation from this law. You will notice that, even given the 2010 provisions, most families will be liable for a hefty portion of their income. And, of course, if you don't buy the insurance, you will be fined by the IRS for each uninsured family member.

As for other economic issues: There are major differences between the two candidates in terms of taxation and job creation. One major issue affecting many companies comes in the form of federal regulation. In an increasingly global economic climate, the United States is finding difficulty when it comes to competing with countries that aren't affected by national regulation. While some regulation is vital in terms of safety, there is a point by which the increased costs from such regulation and greater taxation ends up hurting a company and the ability of that company to create jobs.

I hope that this makes some sense. It may not seem very "spiritual," but going to work, paying taxes, being compelled to buy insurance, or being forced to fund (via our taxes) abortion or recognize homosexuality as a "normal" lifestyle might not seem spiritual either. It can often be seen as a matter of morality v. immorality...justice v. injustice...and liberty v. bondage. While I think that all true believers would be willing to go to prison for the faith, it might be better (especially for our families) to avoid it. After all, Paul would have been willing to be beaten (or even killed) by the Roman soldier, but he invoked his Roman citizenship in order to avoid it.

By the way, I agree with Jeremy (hulsey) that the Church doesn't need a Conservative government to thrive. However, there are many individuals in persecuted nations that have prayed for government that would allow the liberty to serve God openly. Voice of the Martyrs used to include postcards in their monthly newsletters that they asked subscribers to send to the governments of this world to act on behalf of the suffering. The founder of that ministry endured years of torture...and spoke on a few occasions before the U.S. Congress to act on behalf of the persecuted Church. While the Church thrives under persecution, it isn't necessarily the best for those spouses, children and neighbors of whom God has entrusted us.

2012/5/24 23:21Profile
kelly2002

Re:

deletd

2012/5/25 2:35Profile

Re: A hypocrisy

Four years ago the white believers crticised black Christians for voting for Obama. Now wonder what these same black Christians are going to make if the white believers vote a Mormon into office?

There is a hypocrisy here?

Bearmaster.

2012/5/25 7:21

Re: Cannot separate the two

Trying to separate Mitt Romney from his Mormonism is like trying to separate a Moslem from his faith. Romney is a Mormon and not just any Mormon but the mormon's Mormon.

He has advanced into the highest degree of his religion and does one honestky think he is going to leave his faith behind for four years.

Oh, but he has family values. Folks this man does not have Jesus Christ!!! I say again he does not have Jesus Christ!!! Does this not bother anybody. Does this fact not resonate with anybody.

Read your Bibles please. Please look at your New Testaments. Paul writes in 2 Cor.11:13-15 that Satan masquerades as an angel of light. Does this not resonate with anybody? Mormonism is founded on the revelation of a demonic angel. Paul writes that the servants of Satan will pass themselves off ad servants of light.

The biggest satanic deception will be family values or morality. Mormons are no doubt moral people. But guess what? The Pharissees were moral people and these were the ones who were of their father the devil. These were the ones who put Jesus to death.

Saints remember Israel. They wanted a king instead of God. And look where that got them. The evangelical church despises Obama so much. They will vote for a cultist, one who comes out of a satanic system.

I suggest there is a third option. It's cal/ed Jesus Christ. Come out of the camp. Go out to the cross and bear his disgace. Yes it is a garbage dump. But guess what? That's where the remnant are. They are bound for a heavenly country. For there citizenship is in heaven.

We have to repent of this idolitry called America. America is a nation bound for bell. We call out the people in America to turn to God in repentence and gave faith in our Lord Jesus.

Saints this election is a test. But not between two candidates. But a test whether we will come out of Babylon America and trust n Jesus Christ who rules over the kings of the earth.

Bearmaster.

2012/5/25 8:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy