SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who is "The LORD"?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Well, I posted here and went over to read the News site and it just hit me what has happened on this thread. This thread, Elizabeth, is about the "Deity of Christ" and not about the 'when did He become The Son' issue.

The question posed at the beginning of the thread was, "Who is the LORD?"

There is only one answer, it is the Son. The Son is the LORD, and the LORD is the Son. It can only be this way. There is no OT reference where when the term 'LORD' alone is used that it is not referring to the Son alone. When used alone it is not used for either the Spirit or the Father, but only the Son. So when the question is asked, "Who is the LORD?" the only answer possible is, "The Son!"

OJ

2012/5/29 13:28

Re:

Quote:
There is only one answer, it is the Son. The Son is the LORD, and the LORD is the Son. It can only be this way. There is no OT reference where when the term 'LORD' alone is used that it is not referring to the Son alone. When used alone it is not used for either the Spirit or the Father, but only the Son. So when the question is asked, "Who is the LORD?" the only answer possible is, "The Son!"

Hi Joe. Well, the Oneness doctrine folks would love your post. Although I agreed with you that LORD is Jesus, I could say that because Jesus is GOD - but The Name "LORD God" is found *519 times in the KJV O.T..

That means that YHVH is Elohim [plural masculine noun] = The Three in ONE.

1Ki 8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

That thread link that I posted to the thread that you gave Elizabeth on this thread may be a good read for you.

GOD Bless!

2012/5/29 13:52
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Jesus-Is-God
Coincidentally, (for lack of a better word), the past few days had me involved with investigating the meaning(s) behind the term "Oneness". Previously to this, I had very limited exposure or knowledge of the doctrine. All I did know was that my own view of the so-called godhead had become greatly expanded over the years and I had thought that the "Oneness" ideas might be the term used to encompass it. That was what began my recent search. I was hoping to discover like-minded Christians who had a share of what I myself had discovered.

Many Christians in our day are yearning to answer two urgent questions:
1. Who is God and what is He like?
2. Who is Jesus and what is His position in the eternal counsel of God?

Frankly, I believe that both camps have miserably failed to properly answer the two questions for themselves. Some remain content with the parroting of muddled and incomprehensible contradictions about God while others have foolishly presumed to assign rigid duties and allocate particular behaviors.

2012/5/29 15:19Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Elibeth
Whew! I finally advanced past the mistaken idea that your Nick was "Elizabeth", sorry 'bout that.
The largest success of failure in Christian circles today is the blurred image that many of God's people hold concerning the exalted position of Jesus in the eternal plans of God.

I've mentioned in an earlier Thread here that two extremely crucial questions which must be answered by every Believer:

It is precisely the proper answering of these two questions which give a triumphant posture to the Christian walk and an appropriate focus on the plan of Salvation.
Moreover, it also remains impossible to become genuinely acquainted with the Gospel of the Kingdom without these two questions being first answered.

Ummmm, I wish to comply with proper etiquette here. While I host a WebSite which is near entirely preoccupied with teachings and multimedia concerning the Gospel of the Kingdom, I feel somewhat awkward publicly offering it here. The people who are behind this wonderful Site/Forum here at least deserve that much courtesy. So, maybe you can give me some idea how I might be able to forward the URL to you in a private manner.

Thanks!

2012/5/29 15:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
Hi Joe. Well, the Oneness doctrine folks would love your post.

Not really because the personal name of the Son is Jehovah (LORD) whereas the Father most often is referred to as El (God), both co-existing co-eternally.

Quote:
Although I agreed with you that LORD is Jesus, I could say that because Jesus is GOD - but The Name "LORD God" is found *519 times in the KJV O.T..

And that is the point of specifying LORD alone. The variations of LORD God, Lord GOD, and GOD have another purpose that cannot be addressed until who the LORD is, is solved.

Seeing you trying to talk about the Trinity is kind of like watching a blind man juggling paper. He doesn't know what he is doing or where he is reaching, but if he puts enough energy into it, hopefully the wind he makes will keep the paper in the air just long enough that everyone watching will think he has it under control.

OJ

2012/5/29 19:40

Re:

Quote:
I've mentioned in an earlier Thread here that two extremely crucial questions which must be answered by every Believer:

Or better yet:

"What think ye of Christ? Whose son is he..."

The Pharisees answered the son of David professing only the natural generation from the lineage of man (IE incarnational sonship) whereas Christ quickly straightens them out with, "How then doth David in spirit call him Lord" pointing to His eternal Sonship.

Agreed though that most error begins at the person of Christ and just tumbles from there.

OJ

2012/5/29 19:48

Re:

Hi Joe. As I tried to bring out on pg 1 - The Names are used by both the one you see as The Father and the one you see as The Son.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
[until vs 8 in this chpt, both The Ones we know as God the father and God the son are called "LORD" --- Also in Psalm 22.]

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and His redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

2012/5/29 20:05

Re:

Quote:

Amen, Blayne and Jesus - "GOD our Savior" answered that here -

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The FIRST of all the commandments is,
Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord

GOD Bless.

2012/5/29 20:18
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Old_Joe
You wrote: "Or better yet: What think ye of Christ? Whose son is He ... "
I hardly think that it's all that much of a remarkable thing that Christians confess Jesus as the Son of God. After all, according to the scriptures, even the devils were quick to testify to this fact; Matt 8:29 They began screaming at him, "Why are you bothering us, Son of God? You have no right to torture us before God's appointed time!"
So, let's not all drag ourselves off the sofa too quickly and applaud our confession of Jesus being the Son of God.
Our confession concerning Jesus must reach beyond the mere historical narrative and, yes!, even beyond the limited position most Christians have assigned Him in the counsel of God.
It's entirely insufficient to only know WHO Jesus is and what He has accomplished (insofar as Calvary and other fundamental doctrines). We must discover and confess the triumphant and exalted position of Jesus in the plan of God.
No man can claim to be a genuine follower of Jesus unless he truly comes to the experienced knowledge of His royal and exalted place in both the heavens and within the inner being of man.
Otherwise, you only own the limited confession that the devils themselves were quickly able to pronounce.

2012/5/29 20:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
I hardly think that it's all that much of a remarkable thing that Christians confess Jesus as the Son of God.

Yes, I agree it is a pretty basic confession, wouldn't you agree that someone who fails at that point would not be a Christian?

Many people will proclaim Christ to be anything but what He is, the Eternal Son of God, these are all essential attributes of Christ. It is at this very basic point that JIG is stuck.

OJ

2012/5/29 22:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy