SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : We are called to FLEE Persecution, not to be harmed within it.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

We are called to FLEE Persecution, not to be harmed within it.

It has been noted lately, by several sources, of a rise in the tides of Persecution. The Word makes it very clear that the Last Days; the Tribulation period it will culminate into a murderous frenzy; with multitudes of martyrs and sheer venom toward all confessing Christ as Lord and only Savior.

The beginning signs of this are even apparent right here in the United States. In America, it can be a hate crime to preach that Sodomy is an evil and ungodly act.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/7668448/Christian-preacher-arrested-for-saying-homosexuality-is-a-sin.html
[ many other examples ]

In the San Diego area it is ILLEGAL for Christian's to have a home meeting with over 3 guests, while your "gay" neighbors may hold a filthy "pool party" with a hundred or more...[ and do ]. There is a bristling against all Christian, and hate is in the air everywhere we go. The Great Division is being made.

I had a dream last night where I was confronted by a very violent and aggressive Muslim Bully, ready to thrash me. I appeased him in meekness, like a puppy dog would cower....but did not reject Christ, or deny Him. Then, I stood up to him, face to face, and man to man. We parted ways. I awoke guilty, and felt cowardly...[ not that dreams define me; Satan can give fearful dreams.]

Then the Lord began to minister to me, and I remembered the Words of Jesus:

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another."...but... "Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not."

If at all possible, we are to flee persecution; Unless we are ordained to martyrdom or severe suffering, and then, we are to bare it as unto the Lord.

The first great Christian example has to be the Persecution of the Holy Church culminating in 70 AD, but They fled before hand.

Josephus tells of how the Jews were warned to flee in his book, Wars Of The Jews: [The Lord revealed Himself and warned them.]

Josephus writes:"I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals.

For, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding cities.

"Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner [court of the] temple, as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking."

They then heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "'let us remove hence'" (Book. 6, ch.5, par. 3)

I. Only one group of people understood this sign.

1. Luke 21:2O-21 This was a dual prophecy.

2. The Christians fled Jerusalem."..."BLOW THE TRUMPET"
http://www.blowthetrumpet.org/Lecture4PersecutionFallofJerusalemFlightoftheChurch.htm

Also:......"But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

" Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used."

34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods,[ All property and land confiscated.............]

"knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance."

And then:....."They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

God uses our fleeing to increase our heart through faithful suffering, and to enlarge His Own tent through the spread of the Gospel. Paul, the greatest of men, was let down by a basket:

"But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.

Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples."

He had a ministry to fulfill, and several times later he used his Roman citizenship to flee death and go on.

I am writing this because I believe the day is coming, sooner than we may think, where this exact same level of total persecution will come upon us; ALL CHRISTIANS and understand that we may have to leave everything we own, our homes, bank accounts, farms, and all possessions, to live...and it is all right, even God's way to preserve and protect us. BT

There will be many martyrs in that day, and if I endure, I think I too will be one, as the Lord has shown me. It will be graduation day for the faithful, in Glorious terms, and there will also be a company that will see the Lord Jesus unveil Himself, and be changed, and drawn to Heaven in the Rapture, the great gathering.

We must resolve ourselves to honor Him no matter what, and we will leave this Earth naked anyhow; Our clothing is in heaven...[ A new Perfect body!!!..Hallelujah! ]

2012/5/21 12:05
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: We are called to FLEE Persecution, not to be harmed within it.

Wonderful word Brothertom. Thank you.

2012/5/21 13:32Profile

Re:

If one can escape persecution then may they find a city of refuge. But I am afraid in the end times the only refuge will be God himself. For Mat.24:9 says you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death and you will be hated by all nations on accout of me. The me being Jesus. In the end most of us may be looking at martyrdom.

This is a subject that American churches will not preach on. There are some good sermons here on SI on the subject. I agree with Greg that we need to immerse ourselves in the literature of the martyrs to be prepared for what may lie in the end times.

I might add the wotd martyr in the Greek means witness. So we are all as believers called to be witnesses or martyrs. Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/5/21 15:16

Re:

I think if you could be lowered in a basket and escape imprisonment for the sake of Christ, then this would be prudent. Or if you had a technicality and could avoid a scourging by being a Roman citizen, it would make no sense to take the scourging. The problem comes when there is no where left to flee. I think the Jewish experience in Europe is a good exmaple of how laws changed, somewhat slowly at first, then very suddenly. I think of the ship full of those poor Jewish men , woman and children, turned away from British and America ports and ultimately returned to Europe.

We should be wise where wisdom allows and be brave when we face the persecutor. In the tribualtion period, there will be a world wide all out war against the saints, so one may hide for a while I suppose, but ultimately it is Gods intervention that will save the elect from complete destruction, I believe that Gods interevention is the Lord Jesus coming back a second time, praise Jesus......... bro Frank

2012/5/21 17:40
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: We are called to FLEE Persecution, not to be harmed within it.

I realize that before it is all over with, there will be no safe place on the planet, but if it is possible to flee to another country when the USA goes under, I’ve been looking at Guatemala. I’ve heard several “hair raising” reports lately from people with family members in government positions saying that drastic changes in government are coming soon for the USA. If God does not allow me to escape this country soon enough, I will testify for Him wherever my testimony takes me - to prison camps and then death chambers. If possible, however, I am praying that He will let me and my family escape to Guatemala.

For several years now, I have enjoyed fellowship with several Guatemalans in north Louisiana. Many of them (from different parts of Guatemala) have told me of the overwhelming influence of evangelical Christianity in the country. It has made me want to live there. Many of the churches have places in the mountains where Christians go for “sacrificio” (sacrifice - fasting and praying) often for weeks at a time. On public busses, in parks and all over the place, evangelists are preaching the gospel to all. The native (centuries-old) very modest attire is still the style in most places there, even for non-Christians.

One of my close friends is from a town where when he was younger he was a gang member. They had the typical Central American 13s against the 18s. Now EVERY member of what WAS a gang in that town is a Christian, and many of them are preachers and pastors. They have so many people interceding to God in prayer all of the time, and God is doing great things there. The same friend’s daughter was asked to give Bible lessons in public school.

Recently, another friend told me about the long history of close relations of Guatemala with Israel. Guatemala voted for Israel to become a nation, and ever since then, they have worked closely together. One anti-Israeli site that I found had this to say about Guatemala:
“Guatemala has among the worst human rights records in Latin America and its government is rife with evangelical fundamentalist Christians and Opus Dei Catholics. Its security services possess the latest in population surveillance technology thanks to Israeli companies like Tadiran.”
If you do a search on Guatemala and Israel, you will find a lot of information on their strong friendship.

I don’t know how much longer Guatemala will hold its strong Christian values, and close ties with Israel, but God will have people groups to use as tools to evangelize the rest of the world when the USA goes under, and I believe personally that the people of Guatemala will be such a people for several years to come.

There are still many language groups on earth who have not been evangelized and God will have people in Heaven from every language group. The more that the USA rejects its call to evangelize the world, the closer we come to anti-Christian dictatorial rule here. Wherever God wants me to be, I want to be, but I’m like Brother Tom, I’d rather flee to more freedom to evangelize if possible.

It would be wise for every Christian to have an up-to-date passport just in case it is possible to “flee to another city” at the time of a crash. That city may be in another country. The time that it takes to acquire a passport could block the opportunity to flee.

2012/5/21 18:59Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I realize that before it is all over with, there will be no safe place on the planet, but if it is possible to flee to another country when the USA goes under, I’ve been looking at Guatemala."==LORDDOITAGAIN

Well you might want to go NOW then, cuz the way air port "security" is going, along with baggage and flight costs and everything else, i very much doubt Christians will even be able to leave the country someday soon...The police state is slowly being put into place.

2012/5/21 20:14Profile

God leads some to suffering, and allows martyrs and the raptured.

"We should be wise where wisdom allows and be brave when we face the persecutor. In the tribualtion period, there will be a world wide all out war against the saints, so one may hide for a while I suppose, but ultimately it is Gods intervention that will save the elect from complete destruction. I believe that Gods interevention is the Lord Jesus coming back a second time.
... praise Jesus......... bro Frank

100% amen...Tom

2012/5/21 22:32
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Michael,

You are from Monroe, LA. I know where that is, have driven through it. This is in the deep south, largely rural like where we live in MS.

In our community we do not experience the foolishness of the big cities. We are pretty well left alone as long as we pay our taxes. Oh, sure there is enough corruption in politics to give Frank Peretti a lot of inspiration for a political novel. Still, we do not feel threatened by gays and other perverts. Do you at Monroe, LA? I am not aware of any preacher being threatened because he preaches against gays. To suggest we are a backwater community could be true except that it is modern. And I figure your community is similar to ours.

Michael, mind sharing more details about what these gov friends are really saying?

Having said all this we have felt we should get passports in case we need or want to leave the country for some now unknown reason in the future.

I am not challenging you, Michael, I just want more facts.

God bless.

ginnyrose

EDIT: We have people of all kinds come into our store, including lawyers...think I am going to start asking some people some questions...the reactions could be informative.

2012/5/21 23:18Profile
Elibeth

Re: God leads some to suffering, and allows martyrs and the raptured.

Brothertom,

Jesus told us in Jn.15:20, ' Remember the Word that I said unto you,
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me,
they will also persecute you; '

Sometimes I do believe the Lord will allow or call us to flee,...
but too there are times that it may that we have to endure.
But that the Lord will give us the needed Grace to endure / overcome,
...if we are Truly His.

I think to of Steven,...How he suffered ,...they stoned him,...and he died.
But the Lord SAVED Steven ....when the Lord brought him all the way through and out the other side, STILL IN HIM, ..He saved Steven to the
Uttermost.
And look what a forgiving heart Steven had....' Father hold this not to their
charge.'
Just AMAZING ! !

Don't we need SO much be built up in Him always ?....I know I do.
And need to love Him with ALL my heart, ALL my soul,ALL my mind and strength,...then I would not have any fear,...because perfect love casteth
out fear...And then I would feel a complete Trust in the Lord,....the Comforter.

In His love,
elizabeth

2012/5/21 23:19Profile

Re: Scary one-mind-ness-es

Brothertom,

Jesus told us in Jn.15:20, ' Remember the Word that I said unto you,
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me,
they will also persecute you.

Sometimes I do believe the Lord will allow or call us to flee,...
but too there are times that it may that we have to endure.
But that the Lord will give us the needed Grace to endure / overcome,
...if we are Truly His." ...elizabeth

Eli-Beth, you are so right on you scare me.......

"Don't we need SO much be built up in Him always ?....I know I do."

And need to love Him with ALL my heart, ALL my soul,ALL my mind and strength,...then I would not have any fear,...because perfect love casteth
out fear...And then I would feel a complete Trust in the Lord,....the Comforter."

In His love,
elizabeth
My post in the initial thread....

"There will be many martyrs in that day, and if I endure, I think I too will be one, as the Lord has shown me. It will be graduation day for the faithful, in Glorious terms, and there will also be a company that will see the Lord Jesus unveil Himself, and be changed, and drawn to Heaven in the Rapture, the great gathering." BrotherTom.

May God help us all to be pleasing and strong in Him, for suffering and deprivation shall soon be upon us.

2012/5/22 0:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy