SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus Walks on Water…

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Jesus Walks on Water…

Quote:
16 And when even was now come, his disciples went down unto the sea,

17 And entered into a ship, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was now dark, and Jesus was not come to them.

18 And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.

19 So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.

20 But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

21 Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

John 6:16-21 KJV

Today the Lord revealed something to me about this passage I had not seen before. It was demonstration of the Lord coming in the storm. The Lord is spoken of in this manner many time throughout the Scripture. There is the example of Moses going up the Mount to receive the Law, Elijah in the dessert on Mount Horeb, with Job, Isaiah, Ezekiel and John in Revelation. The reference to the Lird coming in the storm is common throughout the Scripture in other places as well in the Psalms, prophets and throughout the rest of the Old Testament. Our view and knowledge of God is too small. For years I have heard pat cliches that neglect the grandeur that accounts like this reference. I think that this revelation of the glory of Christ Jesus are not understood for what they really are, the statement of Jesus Christ as equal to the Father.

I didn't get anything from the teaching today but the Lord was gracious to show me more of Himself. Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!

2012/5/13 15:56Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Jesus Walks on Water…

QUOTE: "I didn't get anything from the teaching today but the Lord was gracious to show me more of Himself. Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!"==JEREMY

Well if the Lord showed you "more of Himself" then why do you say that you "didn't get anything from the teaching today"? Contradiction.

2012/5/22 17:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy