SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Resurrection Trio

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Resurrection Trio

I have heard it taught, and have even thought I had observed on a few occasions, that there are different passages of scripture which state that Jesus was raised from the dead by the power of the Father, the Holy Spirit, and even by his own power.

Unfortunately I have no recollection whatsoever of how these verses are worded, if they exist. Can anyone confirm this? I know if you look up "raised" in the KJV concordance only the Father is mentioned, and possibly the Spirit in one passage.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2012/5/9 7:18Profile

Re: Resurrection Trio

Hi Brother. GOOD to see you posting more!

A few verses come to mind but not sure if it helps with your inquiry.

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

---

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

---

1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

---

I believe that sometimes us trinitarians seperate the Three In ONE a bit too much, Brother.

The Oneness folks get a host of Scriptures mixed up and come out with "Jesus Only" - but we need to look at those verses that have mixed them up and see that we have indeed in sorts, have made three gods out of the Three in ONE.

Hope I've expressed this properly. "The Spirit of Christ" testified of Himself to the OT prophets about His suffering and His Glory that should follow. Seeing that it is Christ/The Word that is speaking in our Old Testament is a very good beginning and that He created all things. And that He's called "the everlasting father" in Isaiah and calls His redeemed His "son[s]" in Rev 21:7.
I do believe that we fear sounding too much like the Oneness group; that we don't look or stop ourselves from seeing just how One the Three in One is.
It truly is the most beautiful and Powerful revelation on earth - how ONE GOD 'is'.

The LORD Bless you & keep you in all His ways.

2012/5/9 10:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy