SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are the "Gifts of Healings" for today??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi yes everything is for today exept being good enough to be used od God.pray for all to be healed. some get healed and some do not. more get healed than when you do not pray and believe.i have many testimonies of Gods healing power even some happened while kidding around and acting like a nut.i have also had a dream and went to the hospital to pray for a dear friend in tears,trembling ,assured and nothing happened. don't try to figure it out in your weak mind and let God be God.jimp

2012/5/13 21:31Profile

Re: Are the "Gifts of Healings" for today??

Quote:
I don't understand what good it does for me to have a heart of compassion and mercy when i am powerless to help any of the suffering people around me.

Sounds like you already have some gifts. Do you know what Compassion and Mercy fall under? The gift of Helps.

The gift of Helps is deep and wide, there is more going on in this area than the obvious gifts and few people realize they have this gift because the things that are done under this umbrella are rarely seen and exploited.

The gift of Helps is the place that love shines, doors are opened and people are nourished and warmed. Your Compassion and Mercy are not neglected it's misplaced, what you need to do now brother is ask God how to direct His gift in you for His glory.

If your serious about this, you'll need to wait in His presence and if you seriously wait, it won't take long at all for Him to show you what to do.

2012/5/13 21:43
jimp

Re:

hi, compassion; the head of medicine came to our church and told this story. (tampa general) he was working on a very young child who was sick unto death and while in a code red , all themeters went flat .he continued to try but to no avail,so the nurses and others took all the equipment off of the child. the doctor said he picked up the child and began to sob and as he began to pray;while overwhelmed by compassion for this now dead baby, the child began to cry and was completely healed.jimp

2012/5/13 23:34Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Quote: "Sounds like you already have some gifts. Do you know what Compassion and Mercy fall under? The gift of Helps.
The gift of Helps is deep and wide, there is more going on in this area than the obvious gifts and few people realize they have this gift because the things that are done under this umbrella are rarely seen and exploited."==APPROVED

I believe mercy is a gift all by itself. I always think of Helps as the gift of serving others (physically so to speak). ALL Christians should have mercy and compassion though, otherwise how can they call themselves Christians?
To be without compassion is to be hardened-- and probably self-righteous in most cases. Well, whatever it is, i don't like it at the same time that i do like it. I mean, it hurts to hurt for other people and to desperately want to help them yet being powerless to do so yet at the same time i would not want to be cold and hard either, as i once was to some extent many decades ago.

Sure, people will spew sermons about how you can have power in intercessory prayer but when you have prayed and prayed for years and nothing really changes, even offered yourself to suffer in the person's place or perhaps your very life, then that is powerlessness.And i'm not the only one who feels the powerlessness (so if anyone reading this gets uptight and self-righteous then they need to get honest first before responding). No one is helped by those who want to play Pretend.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughtful comments Approved.

2012/5/18 5:30Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "hi, compassion; the head of medicine came to our church and told this story. (tampa general) he was working on a very young child who was sick unto death and while in a code red , all themeters went flat .he continued to try but to no avail,so the nurses and others took all the equipment off of the child. the doctor said he picked up the child and began to sob and as he began to pray;while overwhelmed by compassion for this now dead baby, the child began to cry and was completely healed."==JIMP

That's a beautiful story. Reminds me of Elijah and the woman's son. Most doctors would not cry, as they are so detached and hardened(nor do they pray,although some do go to churches... of varying religions)--at least the ones i meet--so my guess is he is a true Believer.

The event DOES indeed glorify God (and edify the saints) but
please tell that doctor next time you see him to please cry over the adults TOO, as the dead baby probably would just have gone straight to Heaven. : )

Thanks for sharing that.

2012/5/18 5:41Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Trekker: In short, yes. All nine gifts of the Spirit listed in 1 Cor. are for today. I have seen most of the nine gifts in operation."==TWAYNEB

Twayneb, are you SURE? The problem i have with these claims is that from what i have seen in the churches very few (actually NONE) pastors or elders actually bother to OBEY the LORD and TEST the spirit behind the "gifts". The primary examples would be with the manifestation of Tongues and also of Prophecy, two gifts easy to counterfeit.

Please share with us some of the evidence or testimonies you have of SEEING them in operation, in detail. I would be particularly interested if you have seen a GIFT of healing.
Thanx.

2012/5/18 5:48Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Trekker: You bet brother. You see, it is entirely possible for a miraculous manifestation to originate from something other than God. However, the fact that this is possible should not dissuade us from readily accepting and walking in the reality. The fact is that much money has been faked, but that does not dissuade me from readily accepting and using real money. You get the idea.

My great grandfather was a man mightily used of God. On one occasion he was in Mexico to minister. He was supposed to speak with an interpreter. He know NO Spanish at all. As he stood to teach he began to speak in tongues. He preached the entire message in fluent Spanish.

I know a 15 year old girl who last summer was on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic. She also did not know Spanish, was usually shy, and had recently received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. She was with a street ministry team and was asked to pray for a native who was having back troubles. She began to pray with an interpreter but then began to pray in tongues. Her eyes were closed and when she opened them she saw the interpreter and the native staring at her in wonder. They told her she had just prayed for healing in his back in fluent Spanish.

My cousin and I were called on to pray for a young man at church camp who had, one week earlier, shattered the bone in his ankle and who was in a cast using crutches. He said he believed God would heal him and would we pray for him. We did. He walked out of the chapel without crutches. Two hours later we found him without a cast, playing a very rough game of basketball. He was completely healed.

Also a church camp I was called on to pray for a young lady who was carried into the chapel unconscious. We did not know what was wrong and she was totally unresponsive to any kind of stimulus. I began to pray. I felt the Holy Spirit moving on me and began to pray in tongues. I suddenly shouted, "come out, come out, come out". She immediately regained consciousness and began looking around, wondering what was going on. I found later that a boy at the camp was heavily involved in the occult and had prayed that she die that day.

I have seen a woman regain a sense of smell that she had burned out in a cooking steam accident when she was eight. He had not smelled a thing for 40 years. No one laid hands on her. It happened instantaneously during a worship service as we all sang praises to the Lord.

I recall one time that I missed it. A message in tongues came forth in a meeting. The room was silent as people prayed for the interpretation to come forth. I felt a strong leading to speak, but I did not know what I was to say. I wrestled for a minute or so. It was awkward to me. Suddenly a man across the room began to speak and had the interpretation. My burden to speak left me. I know that God wanted me to exercise faith and begin to speak. I know He wanted to give me the interpretation, but I was weak in faith and did not obey. I had to repent of that.

At a meeting the Lord gave me a word of wisdom for a young lady that I know. I approached her mother and asked if it was OK for me to share. I then told the young girl that God had revealed to me that she was struggling with whether to stand strong in Him or to compromise with the world. The particulars that I shared were precisely what she was dealing with. God had me share with her that if she would continue to stand strong, that He would empower her and bless her.

On another occasion I was in a service at a local homeless shelter. A man was sitting at one end of the room. Something about him caused a reaction in my spirit that I did not totally understand. I moved to the opposite end of the room so I could watch him and pray about why I was feeling as I was. The Holy Spirit gave me a word of knowledge. He said, "He is involved in eastern religion." Later I spoke with a person who worked at the shelter. I asked her if she know the man. She replied, "Oh yes! He has been coming in here lately. His name is _____ and he is a Bhuddist." I am still not sure why God gave me that information since He did not then tell me what to do with it. Perhaps it was to strengthen my faith. The meeting gave the man a knowledge of the truth and an opportunity to repent.

Another man I know was diagnosed last October with colon cancer. He had been experiencing problems and had went for a checkup. In January he went to a Bible College in Texas. He called me, rather excited. He said that during a worship service God had dealt with his heart about healing. He had decided earlier to trust God and had not sought further medical treatment. He said a warm feeling went through his body and he felt he had been healed. He went to the doctors in Dallas to be checked out. They could find no trace of cancer and thought he had been misdiagnosed. But they sent for his records from Missouri and were dumbfounded. The diagnosis had been spot on accurate. He had been healed in a moment from colon cancer.

These are events close to me that readily come to my mind. I know of countless more that have happened to or through people that I know.

Just because a gift may seem easy to counterfeit does not mean that the gift itself is to be held suspect. We are told to covet earnestly the best gifts. It should be our earnest desire to be used of God to minister to others. This desire should flow out of the heart of God.

The other issue is testing the spirits. The question is, how do we do that? It is a combination of walking close to the Lord and being very sensitive to His speaking to us and spending time in the word of God so that we have the word deeply rooted in us. This allows us to filter what we see and hear through the double filter of the word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2012/5/18 13:14Profile

Re: Travid

Brother what you shared was utterly incredible. And I trust these experiences were not in a third world country. Well two of them were. So how can we see more of this in our lives?.......Bearmaster.

2012/5/18 13:53
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: " I am still not sure why God gave me that information since He did not then tell me what to do with it."==TWAYNEB

Thank you Twayneb. I think i recall you sharing the first two stories a while ago on another thread. That is a lot of experiences for one person. Those sorts of things don't happen around here where i am. But i can relate to your story about the Buddhist and how God revealed something to you about him without you knowing what or why. A similar thing happened to me when one winter day i was walking down a street on my way to work and this squad car came out of an alley to my left and slightly ahead, across the street. The cop inside had a strange, cunning smile on his face, like a cat who had just swallowed a mouse. I wondered why. He paused at the entrance to the street, looked both ways for traffic, then turned onto the street going north past me (i was walking south). As his squad came roughly even with me i just naturally glanced again at him, this time from the side, he was closer, and when my eyes lit on his face there was an immediate and very loud, very sudden, unmistakable check in my spirit from the Lord. It was like a shock, and it felt like a warning of danger; it was clearly communicating to me that there was something bad about that man/cop but i did not know what. I had never had any such experience around any cop ever before in my life and i have lived in a number of different towns and cities and have even met some pretty mean cops from time to time as many of them tend to have severe anger and rage issues. But those i tended to pray for. This particular man seemed the sly sort to me, untrustworthy, but that is all i know, for i have never met him nor had i ever seen him before nor since (nor do i ever want to, i knew that immediately). I do not know what he is guilty of, just that he is guilty of something and i reckon it must be pretty bad for the Lord to warn me to stay away from him when He has not even warned me to stay away from anyone else like that ever before in my entire life. I just can't figure it out and i dont think i shall ever forget it because to this day it has me totally perplexed. Never before have i ever received such a check in my spirit like that in all my life and i cant reason why God would do that when i didn't (even to this day) have any contact with the man. Once upon a time i had received a milder, softer check in my spirit when my eyes lit upon two young women walking together holding hands at a conference and i instantly knew they were lesbians, but even that check was not loud or warning like this one...that one was more of a grieved spirit. I am just a naturally curious person and it just bugs me to no end wondering what on earth could have prompted God to warn me like that.

2012/5/18 14:15Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Brother what you shared was utterly incredible. And I trust these experiences were not in a third world country. Well two of them were. So how can we see more of this in our lives?.......Bearmaster."==BEARMASTER

I'm beginning to think we need to move down to Missouri. I hate the state i live in anyway so i been a thinkin a long time where could i move to that would be better, if indeed i ever could. Well sounds like Missouri has it goin on, both in the church he described and also they have lotta rodeo down there in Branson so i could kill two birds with one stone (or lasso two bullriders with one rope)...lol

2012/5/18 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy