SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm losing my faith and I need your help...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: I'm losing my faith and I need your help...

I don’t know if you are talking about you needing healing or you desiring to see these things but I know that God is still God and God doesn’t ever change! I have seen Him work a couple of things you mentioned and was astonished! I’ve also read that He works more miracles outside of America and one reason is because American has had such good insurance and providers (doctors) and the other countries don’t and can’t run to the emergency room, so they must trust completely in the healing hand of God. (Personally, that’s why I think God is behind the health care industry falling apart in America but that’s just me.)

I do believe and know that “love” and “compassion” to heal the sick moves God’s heart. The majority of the time when Jesus did miracles in the Bible; it says He was moved with “compassion.” So brother, do not lose your faith but pray to be endued with HIS compassion and HIS love for suffering people and to be endued with power from on high!! He is looking for someone to weep between the porch and the altar for those who are in need.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/5/4 8:35Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: I'm losing my faith and I need your help...

QUOTE: "Is God still working miracles through the Church? I mean, honest miracles like the blind seeing, the sick being healed, the lame walking, and the dead rising through the power of God at work through Christians? Not science, not medicine. Simply the power of God?"==TOTALITY

This is what i like, raw honesty! This is the way it should be; people should be able to put what they REALLY think on the table and get some answers or at least HOPE to--without being judged or scorned for asking. People should be encouraged to be honest instead of carrying on a "stained glass masquarade" (spell that please) or a religious front.

Now, to answer your question i must ask one: Are you "losing your faith" as you say because you see no miracles? What is your faith IN? In miracles...or in CHRIST? Cuz from your post it sounds like your faith is in miracles.

When Christ walked the earth in flesh there were times when even He could do no mighty works because of so much unbelief in a given city. If there was unbelief then, surely it cannot compare with the unbelief and hardness of heart in this world and country TODAY! Why would God bother to do miracles here? The Pharisees saw miracles done right in front of their very eyes on a daily basis and still they did not believe! They even murdered Him! So don't think for a minute that miracles would convert everyone. People find excuses and ways to rationalize away all sorts of things.
God is also not a circus performer; He is not on stage waiting to perform for any of us.

You want to see a miracle? How about the miracle that the devil's minions could have had you killed over a hundred times this week (whether while you were driving down the road or in other places) but by the grace of God you are still here because God has a hedge around you or because He says you are not going one minute before He says so.

2012/5/4 9:24Profile

Re:

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts:

Have you ever wondered why you feel the way you feel about your faith?

Have you thought that perhaps God is the one who is causing you to doubt?

Oh no, not doubt Him, but doubt the things that you see in the Church that should be quite active and it isn't.

Have you thought that He is getting your attention to covet earnestly the best gifts so instead of NOT seeing it in the Church God can have you there as a witness that it hasn't?

Miracles comes in many different forms my friend.

There is the miracle of the New Birth. Who knew that the serial killer in the state penitentiary just received Christ, now THAT is a miracle.

What you need to ask the Father, is to show you the small things that He is doing right now.

For example, in a desert it's dry and arid. Someone is praying to the Lord for water and there is no water. All they see is sand and more sand and there is no water, but God is shifting plates, moving His earth beneath their feet and they have no idea what He is doing. But the person who is praying in his village is praying that God would give them water. Then the miracle happens, water is seeping up through the sands, seeds that have laid dormant for ever are now growing.

The foundation to which God works always remains behind a shroud, we barely can see His handiwork. But when it bursts out into this natural world then we see it and we rejoice, but God had been planning all of these things long before we were born. We hardly ever consider His ways and how He works through years of work.

Your a work in progress, He is still working on you. You will have moments on doubt, you will have moments of fear, all those moments will come to us, but be of good cheer I have overcome the world our Lord says. That means this, since we are in Christ, we have the confidence that we have overcome the world too because we are one together with Him. When He overcame, we overcame. When He died, we died. When He was buried, we were buried. When He arose, we arose. There is no longer two people, but one. You and I are not two people, we are one in Christ Jesus.

THAT IS A MIRACLE!

Look for the small things and you'll see that they are large in themselves.

Covet Earnestly the Best Gifts!

2012/5/4 10:08
rbanks

Re:

I have just now looked at the website and saw this posting.

Totality, here is the thought that came to my spirit. What is your experience with God and the reason I say this is because you are the first miracle when God miraculously saved you. Now if you have not the spirit of Christ, then you are not really His yet, but having experienced the miraculous new birth and knowing this without a doubt is where you begin.

For an example when I got truly saved with an spiritual experience of old things passing away and all things becoming new as this will be for anyone who is truly in Christ (2 cor. 5:17), then trials came to try my faith in God. This is normal for all who are in Christ. The trials cause me to seek God for a deeper experience and to grow and get deeper into the Word of God. His grace will enable this as you seek God. We are to humble ourselves and draw nearer to God in faith believing. We are to have bold confidence to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus.

Hebrews 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Then this leads me to say this that a few years ago I had been praying and seeking God for more of Him in my life when all of a sudden I had an experience with God that was so awesome that has caused me to believe God can and does do anything He desires to do and that there is nothing to difficult for God. He is a miracle worker and I have seen and experienced miracles but the thing that keeps me going on is the experience I have with Him.

I have an experience with God that I don't never won't to lose so I keep praying and keep on being filled with the Spirit. The experience that I have had and now am presently having at times gives me so much boldness that I feel like I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. I believe that the Spirit can do anything supernatural through me if I walk with God.

Finally, all the experts in the world could come to me and say they have found all these evidences that the bible is not totally true and they could have been at one time preachers of the gospel and I believe I could just fill the Holy Spirit rising up within me. I would probably shout in the Holy Ghost and speak in a heavenly language run all over the place and then come back and pity them. Praise God I'm telling you this thing is real and get a real experience with God and you will never be at the mercy of them with an argument.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/4 10:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Jesus Christ was risen from the dead. What greater miracle does one need. Especially when one considers that it has been 2000 years since his resurrection, and he continues to live. And my faith rests in that.

And by saying this, I don't take away from the fact I believe God still does heal people. In fact, I believe such is a continued part of the ascension ministry of Christ. Personally speaking, I've seen God touch my physical body. For a long period of time, I had to wear a large medical boot due to a chronic ankle problem I was having due to my ankle not being properly fused together from my birth. For a long period of time, I woke up every morning to a lot of pain. I had to hobble and prop myself up just to get to the bathroom connected to my bedroom. It was a very painful experience. Then I would go to work and work for 8 hours on my feet, and regularly experience pain throughout the day.

To make a long story short: I was at a church service where the pastor said he believed God wanted to touch some people physically. He instructed us to lay our hands on the part of our body that hurt, and to pray. I thought this idea sounded a little goofy. But I did it anyway, because I knew my pastor was a man who isn't given to extremes. And when I woke up the next morning, my ankle ceased to hurt, and I've gotten out of bed every morning since without having to hobble and prop myself up.

It should be noted that whatever grace of God it was that came upon me that day, I can't report that I received a total and complete healing. Should I run hard for a certain length of time, I notice my same ankle starts to hurt a little bit again. But whatever the case, the chronic pain I was experiencing every day almost all day is gone.

I notified my pastor of this happening to me. The next Sunday at church, there were 3 other people in the congregation who reported long term chronic pain vanishing from them.

*edited*

2012/5/4 12:33Profile
Clarebear

Re:

"Those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength! They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31 -read from v.25) When we seek to strengthen our faith by seeking MAN's intervention we will only get confusion. Seek God! Seek HIM ALONE - ASK Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit, and for the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth through reading and meditating on HIS WORD - not the words of man. That is why today our faith is SO LITTLE! - because we listen too much to man - and too little to God. God will give you revelation, and sight to heal your spiritual blindness, but you MUST SEEK HIM - ALONE! Read Psalm 51, especially v's 10-12........God loves you! He longs for you to come to Him. It is only your relationship with HIM that counts, not the thoughts and opinions of man. He WILL HELP YOU if you seek Him with ALL of your heart, in humility and repentance. Let go anything that pulled you away from Him and seek His face. Peace, be still, and know that He is God!

God knows your need - He waits for you to ask HIM - not me, or Jack or Bill - Him. I lift you to Him in prayer, asking Him to pour out His Spirit on you and fill you full measure, pressed down, shaken together and flowing over! Amen.

2012/5/4 12:59Profile

Re:

Praise God for that testimony Jimmy. Faith ignited and blossomed. Praise God indeed.

2012/5/4 17:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy