SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I covet your prayers for this weekend...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I covet your prayers for this weekend...

Saints,

I could really use your prayers this weekend as I face a very difficult and intimidating situation.

I cant really go into detail on a public forum like this, but suffice it to say that I have to blow the whistle on a couple of people. Some of their actions are very serious, and even illegal. For rocking the boat I can expect some rough waters ahead… but it’s the right thing to do, and I also have a legal obligation.

Unfortunately many will remain silent and are content to let me swing in the breeze. They are afraid of rocking the boat and then dealing with the retribution that is bound to follow.

Those who have my email address… if you desire a little more detail feel free to write me.

Krispy

2012/5/3 10:17
romanchog

Re: I covet your prayers for this weekend...

I will be praying.

Please continue to seek the Lord regarding whether this is what he would have you do rather than confronting these people privately first. I do not know the situation and I am not trying to judge you, so please do not take this the wrong way.

2012/5/3 11:41Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying.

2012/5/3 11:49Profile

Quote:
Unfortunately many will remain silent and are content to let me swing in the breeze. They are afraid of rocking the boat and then dealing with the retribution that is bound to follow.

The Lord be with you brother. It takes real courage to do that which is right before God, and which will not be pleasing to men. Be encouraged and remain strong in the Lord.

Quote:
Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:11-12

2012/5/3 12:37

Re:

Quote:
Please continue to seek the Lord regarding whether this is what he would have you do rather than confronting these people privately first. I do not know the situation and I am not trying to judge you, so please do not take this the wrong way.

Thanks for the advise. I have actually been dealing with this situation for months now, and it has gotten worse. Some of this involved illegal activities, and it involves minors. To be honest I have waited longer than I should have.

I have an opportunity to deal with it this weekend, and I am doing so according to protocol.

Krispy

2012/5/3 12:47

Re:

In case anyone remembered to pray about this... had an hour long meeting to do what needed to be done. It was difficult because this involved exposing a couple people who have refused to repent or do the right thing.

But I am glad that I followed protocol and did this properly and Biblically. I just pray that those who have to deal with it now will do so with wisdom, godliness and love.

There will probably be some fall-out... there always is.

After it was done I felt as tho a ton of weight was lifted off of me. Thanks for your prayers.

Krispy

2012/5/7 16:26
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
krispy wrote:
Some of their actions are very serious, and even illegal.

Some of this involved illegal activities, and it involves minors.

I'm praying. I am speaking from lala land because I know nothing but if what has happened was truly illegal and had to do with minors, I hope you also went to the police. I say that because churches tend to sweep things under the rug and unbelievers hate that when they hear about it.

But this is just my humble two cents brother speaking I'm walking in the dark here, you are in the situation thick and heavy.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/5/7 17:25Profile
HeartSong

Well, those that are afraid of rocking the boat are obviously still in it, and not walking on water - and they will probably stay that way because unfortunately it seems that the boat has to start rocking before we will get out of it.

Prayers lifted up in your behalf. God bless you Krispy!

2012/5/7 17:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

God bless you, Steve, for being courageous. I know it is no fun to speak out and confront...but God's word is still authoritive. Too many times people see it as a way of punishing people but this ain't so - you are working for redemption, forcing the perpetrator to face up to his sin and repent. Being silent only allows the perpetrator to continue his sin without fear of being discovered and inflict more harm.

It does get annoying when others may know but refuse to get involved because of the repercussions. You may feel so alone and some may even make you feel guilty for wrongdoing! The devil sure knows how to work to destroy the Believer who desires nothing but being obedient.

God bless...

ginnyrose

2012/5/7 22:19Profile

Re:

Lysa... to put your mind at ease I should have been clearer and pointed out that the illegal activities were committed against adults, not minors. Although minors witnessed the activities.

I really cant go into anymore detail on here than that.

Rest assured, if I saw something being done to minors that was illegal there would be no hesitation to go to the police.

Krispy

2012/5/8 14:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy