SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Help with Family Curse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Oh no, Brother Andrew, I thank you for triggering my memory. It's what was on my mind heavily last night after reading Trekker's posts carefully. She truly needs our prayers and I'd say even if we could fast for at least a day for her and this man she's trying to help, would be the least that we could do. To be alone and struggling oneself and trying to help another who is struggling even worse is a frightful thing and that's when the Boby of Christ Needs to 'bear one another's burdens' and believe in the prayer and faith that we speak so much of.
Amen, Brother - Before GOD, we do need to pray for them both, and we will. Thank you!

2012/5/2 14:16
jochbaptist

Re: Jacob Prasch & the message that Everest posted.

JP seamed to forget that after Pentecost, the apostles carried on delivering those that were oppressed with evil spirits (Acts 5: 16) - Just as the Lord promised they would. Even the sons of Sceva tried to copy them.

In Acts 8:13-24 A believer, Simon, (Baptized in water) was discerned with a root of Bitterness and BOUND in iniquity.

To deliver an unbeliever would be foolish (the demon will just come back with 7 even stronger than him. And who can be stronger than the strongman, but the Lord through the finger of God? Will He do that (save\deliver) without first receiving Lordship in a person's life?

All through Scripture, the minimum is revealed of the elements of darkness. Man was created to keep and GUARD the earth (were satan fell to like lightning). In service of One too Holy and Righteous to touch the abominable. But these matters are hidden for kings to search out. And a king could find much hidden here. And to completely reject the basics of WOF is foolish. There is much truth there. Maybe a visit to Deut 28 & Psalm 91 etc is not a bad idea.

I personally found JP's insights not worth 30 minutes of my time, again. He is lacking in spiritual sight and depth. The letter kills.

2012/5/2 16:36Profile

Re: Help with Family Curse

Trekker

Prov 26:2 ...the curse causeless shall not come.

If there is a curse, there is a cause, now just root out the cause, and only you and your friend can do that.

Num 23:8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed?...

The maxim above is true of man and of any being below God including Satan, so looking for deliverance from Satan would be the wrong place to look. Look for the root cause. It may be that this pain is simply wages for sin past (I have an abundance of that); it may be that it is wages for sin present; it may simply be affliction for some other purpose. On the other hand though at present being seen as a curse it may be intended as a blessing to produce or increase faith; or it may be a blessing to increase longings for eternity; it may be a blessing to teach you something else particular so pay close attention. Whichever way it is, do not look at Satan as the source, look to God who afflicts for our eternal good. Temporarily it might hurt, it might even hurt a lot to the point of unbearable, but once you seek out the cause and know that it comes from the one intending to do you good, it tempers the pain.

Also note, each person has their own weakness, despite what you may hear none of us overcome everything, and some are just not going to look or act all that holy. Have patience for those who don’t make time to put on a mask of absolute holiness when it just doesn’t come. As I stated before, there is no such thing as a Christian that isn’t carnal, because of our resident fallen nature each of us has weaknesses that we will battle for the rest of our natural lives. In these we often seem that we don’t bring glory to God, or at least as much as we ought to (that only happens when we deny these realities), but when we confess them and come to Him anyway, we glorify His grace and magnify His righteousness.

Personally, I have found that pain is an excellent reminder that this world is only temporary and is not our home. It has turned what may have seemed like a curse into a blessing!

Hope this helps.

OJ

2012/5/3 0:03
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Brothagary, you misunderstand me. I'm not talking about addictions. There is no addiction involved--so far. My friend may feel a dependence upon doctor prescribed brews for pain relief but he is not addicted. MOST of the drugs he is prescribed do not even have any addictive power; no one CAN get addicted to them (except for one). But one can end up developing an emotional or other dependence on them, as well as engaging in man worship (i.e believing everything a doctor tells you as if he is a god who knows everything and taking every thing he tells you without questioning the "wisdom" behind it). The drugs my friend takes do not help him but he keeps taking them anyway because they helped in the past somewhat and he is so desperate for even the slightest relief. The pain is really the heart of the issue.

2012/5/3 0:43Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I'm going to take the practical slant on this and say that the pain and physical issues are probably genetic. Several of my grandparents were diebetics, as was my mother... and now I am. Thats not a curse. It's genetic. I dont know what is causing your friends pain, but I would guess it some sort of genetic issue passed down. I'm not so quick to call things "curses"."==KRISPYKRITTR

Krispy, genetic diseases ARE part of the curse of The Fall.
They are part of the curse that is upon the whole creation because of The Fall. Even as Christians we all still live under that curse. Perhaps you did not listen to the link that Everest provided. I recommend it.

2012/5/3 0:47Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Personally, I have found that pain is an excellent reminder that this world is only temporary and is not our home. It has turned what may have seemed like a curse into a blessing!Hope this helps."==OLDJOE

Thank you Old Joe, but at our age we no longer need any of those reminders of how horrible a place this world is. For even when we are not suffering physical pain we have plenty of other distresses in abundance and just watching OTHER people suffer (even if only from a distance such as in the news) causes me/us more pain than suffering ourselves. And i still have plenty enough grief from 30-40 years ago yet to sustain my hatred of this awful world forever.

P.S. Thank you to those of you who are praying or have prayed for me and/or my friend. Very much appreciated.

2012/5/3 1:02Profile

Re:

Fair enough. I agree that there are no trite answers I can give that can help.

What might be the cause?

OJ

2012/5/3 1:08
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Right now the pain is sciatic nerve pain but he suffers from neck and back pain in general also. The longest nerve in the body if my memory is correct. Today he had a shot for it by pain clinic and said that he never felt such pain in his life as today when he got that shot into his nerve. It was so excruciating. And all that on NO SLEEP. He hasnt slept in weeks and weeks. He was not able to walk very well before the shot and after that he was not able to walk at all and had to be wheeled out in wheel chair. "Watching" his suffering is almost unbearable for me. It is worse than my own. It would not be so bad for me to watch if he were a proud person but he is a humble, patient guy and very fragile. He is always helping others and would give the shirt off his back. And he is hard on himself so much.

Anyone who prays for him, please pray that i would be free of anxiety over this also, as that is my tendency.

2012/5/3 2:55Profile
debmcc

United Kingdom

Re:

I suffer from chronic sciatica and know how debilitating it can be at times. For me, not lifting is not an option as I have a disabled child although my husband is a great help. I am also up 2-3 times a night with a toddler so my heart goes out to your friend. I've never heard of family curses before and can't imagine that if he is a born again believer that this is possible.

On a practical side, if I may on this thread, it sounds to me very much like a medical condition. Many health care professionals are unaware of pain related conditions such as CRPD/RSD (complex regional pain disorder). I know a 16 year old who has this and at times is in a wheelchair. The cause is a dysfunction of the peripheral or central nervous system but as the person does not look sick, many attribute this condition to being merely psychosomatic. The Royal National Hospital in Bath, England offers an interesting rehabilitation program for chronic pain sufferers which does not involve anaesthetics/nerve blocking and has a good record of improvement. The girl I know has found their strategies helpful in coping with the pain. I'm unsure of genetic links as there is much research to be done in this field.

I'm assuming your friend is on prescription meds if he is attending a pain clinic. I found cranial osteopathy helpful and hypericum useful for acute nerve pain, if only to take the edge off. There are some contraindications though, particularly with antidepressants so exercise caution.

I wish your friend well. d

2012/5/3 7:27Profile
rbanks

Re:

Praying for you brother Trekker that the Lord will give you refreshing in His presence. That the peace of God which surpasses all understanding shall keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus. That you find find comfort and strength in the Holy Spirit. I pray for your friend that He will have relief form his pains and experience the healing grace of Jesus.

Heavenly Father I come to you in the name of your Son Jesus, our Lord, I come not because of my goodness but on the ground of the blood of Jesus Christ and His righteousness that you would touch Trekker's friend with your healing virtue and give him some relief Lord, help him Lord and make a way for him. I believe you are a good and mighty God, that your love is great, and I'm praying that whatever is keeping him from receiving your healing touch would be removed and that grace for healing would come to him in the name of Jesus. Amen!

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/3 7:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy