Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Help with Family Curse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Help with Family Curse

I believe that a friend of mine (who recently converted to Christ around 2009) is under a family curse that goes back several generations. The curse involves the devil using severe physical pain to enslave each man in each generation to alcohol and/or a multitude of painkillers and other prescription drugs in order to try to cope with the pain and inability to sleep. The curse, if it is one, is on the father's side and affects the men. My friend is the firstborn among his two brothers. Multiple lives have been destroyed. My friend conquered the alcohol addiction he inherited from his father but cannot get out from under the curse of the severe chronic pain and inability to sleep at all and so now doctors have enslaved him to dozens of other drugs of all kinds (polypharmacy) and their side effects. I fear for his life. He overdoses regularly and is basically just drunk on the doctor's drugs. I informed his doctor's office of the overdoses but his doctor did not take any steps to do anything nor show any concern.

Does anyone know how a family curse such as this can be broken? His father was in bondage for the same cause and died an alcoholic. And it goes back beyond him.

2012/5/1 23:35Profile

Re: Help with Family Curse

Conversion. If your friend has converted to Christ he is no longer under a curse. If you like I have a very short sermon (probably less than 15 minutes) that I can share with you on the subject, as it's probably the best I've heard on the topic. Let me know.

And for the record, don't listen to anyone and their "experiences" telling you a spirit filled believer can be under any sort of curse. It cannot be validated by Scripture.

2012/5/1 23:39
rbanks

Re:

Hi trekker,

First of all their needs to be an assurance of salvation and an understanding of the blood of Jesus and the power of His cross calling on the Lord Jesus pleading the blood along with some praying spirit filled people to where there is a united faith in complete deliverance. He must have the assurance of His salvation and the power of the blood and cross for deliverance and when he does then He needs to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the Law and Satan cannot cross the blood line of an assured spirit filled believer.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/5/2 0:11Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Thank you both for your comments. I do not know my friend's heart, of course, i only know what he says and also his behavior. When one is a babe in Christ it is often difficult to determine; it is much easier to discern with longtime followers. However, both of us have prayed so much for him to no avail and i think we have both lost faith in prayer as a result (i know he has). His suffering is very great and he is in despair.

I know we are not under the curse of The Law if we are converted but what about personal,individual or familial curses?

We do not know any Holy Ghost filled people here. We have not even been able to find someone to baptize him. Various pastors and Christian men gave various excuses for not having time, or just not calling back,etc. Also my friend is an invalid and mostly confined to his residence. His suffering is very great.

I do not understand what is meant by pleading the blood; that seems to be a Pentacostal teaching? Is that not merely using the blood of Christ as a magic talisman? I do not find anything in scripture telling me to plead the blood.

2012/5/2 0:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I found the Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson a helpful book for these these things but not perfect:

Step 7: Acquiescence Versus Renunciation
Renouncing sins of your ancestors and any curses which may have been placed on you (Ex 20:4,5).

Declaration

I here and now reject and disown all the sins of my ancestors. As one who has been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of God’s dear Son, I cancel out all demonic working that may have been passed on to me from my ancestors. As one who has been crucified and raised with Jesus Christ and who sits with Him in heavenly places, I renounces all satanic assignments that are directed toward me and my ministry, and I cancel every curse that Satan and his workers have put on me. I announce to Satan and all his forces that Christ became a curse for me (Gal 3:13) when He died for my sins on the cross. I reject any and every way in which Satan may claim ownership of me. I belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, who purchased me with His own blood. I reject all other blood sacrifices whereby Satan may claim ownership of me. I declare myself to be eternally and completely signed over and committed to the Lord Jesus Christ. By the authority that I have in Jesus Christ, I now command every familiar spirit and every enemy of the Lord Jesus Christ to leave my presence. I commit myself to my heavenly Father to do His will from this day forward.

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You as Your child purchased by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. You are the Lord of the universe and the Lord of my life. I submit my body to You as an instrument of righteousness, a living sacrifice, that I may glorify You in my body. I now ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I commit myself to the renewing of my mind in order to prove that Your will is good, perfect, and acceptable for me. All this I do in the name and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Daily Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I honor You as my sovereign Lord. I acknowledge that You are always present with me. You are the only all-powerful and only wise God. You are kind and loving in all Your ways. I love You an dI thank You that I am united with Christ and spiritually alive in Him. I choose not to love the world, and I crucify the flesh and all its passions.

2012/5/2 0:36Profile

Re:

Trekker give this sermon a listen. It's hosted on this site. It's to the point and should help clear things up quite quickly. Short, direct, and the best I've heard on the subject. (It appears that it's right under 30 minutes and not under 15 :p)

http://media.sermonindex.net/12/SID12025.mp3

2012/5/2 0:53

Re:

I'd just like to say Thank you, Brother Everest.

Our professors in an AoG college in Greenlane which later moved to Phoenixville, PA, were probably near or in their 70's. Most were retired Missionaries. All taught from the Greek. This was over 30 yrs ago before the signs and wonders counterfeits got really started and those that were, were rare. If anyone in our daily chapel service even got in the flesh, these old seasoned veterans of the cross would bring even that to a halt, quick. They were all highly acedemic yet the true manifestation of the gifts were allowed. They even taught 1 Corth 12-14 and Acts from the Greek. Many of them are in Heaven right now, of course. I'm not sure if Brother Robert E. Tourville is still here on earth, but he wrote the first 'full gospel' commentary on the book of Acts and Hobart Grazier was one Greek scholar that suffered much to teach here and in India. The others were all on the same page together while the old president "O.B." was there.

What I just heard on your link, is exactly what we were taught and what David Wilkerson was taught back then as well.

I won't name names - but when these teachings became popular back in the 70's mainly and with these the WoF, these men of GOD had their work cut out for them and just like the rest of our Christian History, without any breaks - the truth will always need to be contended for - until He comes.

Thank you.

2012/5/2 1:59
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Thank you Everestosama. I listened to the sermon and it was very good. Made sense. It also supports what i have been saying on this site for a very long time, that true born again, Holy Ghost filled Christians can NOT be possessed by the devil, only oppressed. Yet silly people on this site continue to insist on the opposite despite the complete absence of biblical support.

The sermon was helpful and i dont find any error. As for Neil Anderson and his books, i read those over a decade ago and found them to be somewhat with error. He even states in his Bondage Breaker or other book that a demon supposedly bit him in the hand once. Such utter nonsense is garbage and used only for profits. I have read many other "spiritual warfare" books that in my estimation are full of deception and used by satan to take the primary focus off of Christ and place it on satan. Many things in them are not scriptural. Some of them are full of "mumbo-jumbo" and amount to not much more than incantations using the Word of God or cloaked with scripture. I always felt like i was engaging in witchcraft when i uttered the stuff they counsel a person to say.

The question now becomes, what can i do to help my friend break free of bondage to pain, pills, and extreme insomnia that i have not already tried? I suffer the same affliction and do not even have the answer for myself, although my suffering has become a little less than his now. If he is NOT under a curse but is simply oppressed by the devil, now what?

2012/5/2 3:11Profile
brothagary

Re:

let the holy spirit convicted you of sin ,,dont justafie addictions as anything but rebelion and sin

let the spirit convict you till your sick with conviction

pray to god to set you free in jesus name ,,believe with all your heart that god can set you free

wake up the next day determined to give up walking on faith ,step out in faith ,,,leap of the clif in faith ,and gods evalasting arms will catch you and carrie you

i had a bad drug problem when i became born again god set me free ,and i walked away from a crystal meth habit ,,,,,,,,,,but i never gave up ciggerets and marawana ,,,,a twenty year adiction wasnt leting me go

but eventualy i stoped justafiing my sin ,and steped out in faith ,and he set me free of my greasted idol ,,praise god for his faith and conviction

see sin for what it is ,,and he will crush you idols one by one

2012/5/2 5:08Profile

Re: Help with Family Curse

Quote:
Does anyone know how a family curse such as this can be broken? His father was in bondage for the same cause and died an alcoholic. And it goes back beyond him.

There is no doubt that generational curses exists, but it is important to understand that the evil one cannot just go about cursing generations of one family without a legal basis for doing so. This implicitly means that your friend or you yourself need to be certain whether there is a curse or not. Given that you say his father and 'before that' have been affected; knowing whether a curse really exists on a family would require an understanding of what happened in the 'before that's' life to have made it possible.

I wouldn't make that inquiry myself because it must be a matter of discernment in the first place rather than a 'visible' and reasonable thought. If you or your friend have such a discernment then encourage him to lay hold of his deliverance which is in the new life he received in Christ. Against this 'laying hold off' the enemy has no charge against him and no legal ground to accuse him or harm him. Christ became a curse for our sakes.

May the Lord open the bowels of his understanding so that he can stand.

Andrew

2012/5/2 6:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy