SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : All Suffering does not please God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

All Suffering does not please God

Brother and sisters don’t think that just because you are suffering that you are pleasing God because it is not the suffering but how you endure the suffering for Jesus sake. Jesus said in Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. There are many scriptures in the bible that talk about suffering for Jesus sake. Don’t think that because you are suffering that Jesus doesn’t love you but show Him how much you love Him by persevering in the suffering for His sake.

The bible talks about rejoicing through all kinds of trial because God is building character in you through those trials and that through much tribulation will we enter the kingdom of God. We will be persecuted if we are faithful to the Lord but times of refreshing will come from the presence of the Lord. The apostle Peter said in 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Notice the apostle’s attitude in Acts 5:41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. You see they were rejoicing because they were counted worthy to suffer for Jesus. We should not think suffering in itself pleases God but only when we endure it for Jesus sake. Don’t look for opportunities to suffer but be filled and led by the Spirit to witness and bring glory to the Lord and suffering will automatically come to you. The bible says that all that will live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. Paul says that if we suffer with Him then we shall also reign with Him. Paul also says in Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Let me just say on another note that there are people who suffer and hurt themselves by cutting themselves and inflicting pain in their bodies for pleasure and brothers and sisters we know this is demonic and of the devil because God does not want us to treat his temple in such a way as this. We know that the flesh can be trained to endure all kinds of pain and abuse but this is ungodly and never brings glory to God but displeases him so much. We also know that God hates self pity, like God doesn’t care for us, because he does and suffered a great price for us.

The bible also teaches us to deny ourselves and take up our cross to follow Jesus but this does not mean to find ways to suffer more to prepare for greater suffering. This would not be denying self but promoting self in the fact that you are suffering for your sake so that you will hopefully be more prepared for greater suffering to come. Jesus did not teach this. This would be placing our main focus on suffering for greater suffering to come instead focusing on Jesus and His presence in our lives. The bible teaches us to be rooted and grounded in Christ and to let the words of Christ dwell in us richly and to be filled with the Spirit. We will never be able to stand against the evil day without the whole armor of God and the power of his might. We must be more concerned with being filled and staying filled with the Holy Ghost. It is not by might nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord.

Brothers and sisters don’t let suffering stop you from witnessing and glorifying the Lord Jesus because He loved you and suffered for you for your redemption. He is worthy of all our praise and suffering because He will prove it to us for all eternity for all those who endure unto the end for His sake. Reach to him by faith during your suffering and he will help you with His presence. He delights to give us good things and more of the Holy Spirit if we keep on asking, seeking, and knocking. He is the greatest lover of all times throughout the ages so holdfast to Him for he will never leave you or forsake you.

Finally, I have taken too much time writing and posting the last few days more than I have in a long time and don’t know that I will be able to continue unless the Lord permits. I only hope that all this time has been a blessing to some but it may be that many don’t care that I write or post anything but I assure you that it is only to be a blessing to others as well as to me. I will say that SI has challenged me and been a blessing to me. It is not our place to judge anyone’s heart, but only to encourage one another and to communicate truth in Love to strive to be a blessing to one another.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/4/30 10:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: All Suffering does not please God

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
Brother and sisters don’t think that just because you are suffering that you are pleasing God because it is not the suffering but how you endure the suffering for Jesus sake.

I have enjoyed your writings brother, they have blessed me. I hope you do not stay away as long as you did before!

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/4/30 13:27Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thank you sister Lisa you are an encouragement to the body of Christ and I thank you for be a blessing to me in the Lord Jesus Christ.

You know sister there are a lot of people suffering unnecessarily because of wrong doctrine but some would love to have it so, but the sad thing is, are those that have been misled.

God bless you sister!
your brother in Christ rbanks

2012/4/30 18:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy