SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ask Jesus into your heart?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Ask Jesus into your heart?

I always like Marcellus Gallo's "conversion" statement from "The Robe:"

"From this day forward, I am enlisted in His service. I offer Him my fortune, my sword, and my life. And this I pledge to you on my honor as a Roman."

2012/5/4 12:17Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

There is always some truth in mixture. That is the nature of "mixture". When you recognize the truth, hold fast to it.

Pilgrim

2012/5/4 12:25Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

[qoute] C'mon brother... come on over the Calvinist side. The water's fine

I lol'd at this! However, when will sides in the body not exist? Or have they ever?

2012/5/4 14:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Jesus is the Captain of our salvation and the Lord of hosts and He is not coming to choose sides, He is coming to take over.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/4 14:58Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

The King never chooses sides. It would be to admit that His side is not the right one. By virtue of being the King, His side is the ONLY side. He just says we are either for Him or against Him.

I vote for Jesus!

:-)

Pilgrim

2012/5/4 16:51Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Ask Jesus into your heart?

No it is not biblical and yes it is very disturbing. It prevails in all the churches around here. People are trusting in a work! In a formula! Nowhere in the entire Bible does it anywhere say or even imply that you have to ask Jesus into your heart in order to be saved! The ONE verse that church people use to try to justify this false doctrine of their's is not even speaking to NONChristians it is speaking to people who are already Christians. The true Gospel is this:
REPENT AND BELIEVE (both IN and ON the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross) for your salvation. It's that simple but men always want to add to it in any way they can! They are HERETICS.

2012/5/4 23:51Profile
woldeyesus

Re:

Asking a scripturally unknown Jesus into one's heart is as good as self-deception, at best, or deception by Satan (disguised as "an angel of light") at worst! (2 Cor. 11: 1-15)

Secondly, the risk of error is more real in taking away from Christ's conclusively "finished" work on the cross than adding to it. (Rev. 22: 18-19)

According to the Scriptures, the GOOD NEWS is Jesus Christ's perpetual self-revelation in his Spirit-active, perfect and diacritical death on the cross by which alone he has promised, "I will draw everyone to me." (John 3: 14-16; 12: 32-33; 14: 18-21; 19: 30-37)

2012/5/5 3:00Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

HERE HERE! Wonderful and on-point reply's from Trekker and Woldeyesus! Thank you, you said what I couldn't put into words.

I fear there is a GREAT danger to ask for something INTO your heart, especially if you don't have a revelation of Jesus the Christ and His finished work.

2012/5/5 6:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: HERE HERE! Wonderful and on-point reply's from Trekker and Woldeyesus! Thank you, you said what I couldn't put into words.

What they are over complicating it

For me it was a simple prayer ….

“God help me to change as I am fed up being like this”

Then a wind left my body and then another wind came and blew into me and I started talking in tongues.

No church, No scriptures, “no knowledge of the finished work on the cross”

2012/5/5 8:36Profile
rbanks

Re:

Bless you brother Colin!

What people don't truly understand is that there is no patent formula. Repent and believe is the message the apostles preached but that doesn't mean that it is the formula. When a person is under the presence of God He may say anything in faith believing and God who is above our understanding can save anybody who calls on Him.

I wouldn't tell anybody that all you got to do is ask Jesus in your heart because that is not biblical and I wouldn't lead anyone to believe that just because they asked Jesus into their heart they are saved, because if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, and He must know this change has taken affect in his own life. What he actually said doesn't matter as long as his experience with God is real.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/5 9:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy