SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why are so many Christians not getting Healed Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

I hear and feel the heart of what you are saying in your last 2 posts Ann and I thank you for sharing.

Here is something I thought of in 1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Doesn't it seem like Paul was saying that we are to desire spiritual gifts as we follow after love for the very purpose of edifying the body of Christ and to comfort them. I believe we should be desiring gifts out of love for God's people. We need the gifts for the church and our desire for them should not be for selfish reasons but we need to get desperate for the missing gifts of God for His body of people.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/4/30 17:34Profile

Re:

Amen, Brother rbanks. First we get a glimpse of Him and find that His love is so powerful - just as His Holiness. A human being couldn't take the full power of these two but once we've seen Him, that love will never leave us and we find that that is what He is and that everything that He does is from that Love - from why He created us and everything that He does to and through us.
It's not always mushy-gushy, as you know, but the heart aches with compassion beyond what is merely human, when He has given us a taste of how His loves 'feels' for others.
I'm so very glad that you put that first - because it is.
When ministering, we're feeling what the person we're ministering to feels and His compassion rises up inside and that is how it all begins.
I don't believe in seeking the gifts but seeking to be a totally empty vessel, that He can pour Himself through. Only He knows what 'gift' is needed in each situation. He said that 'the works that I do, you will do also' - so we just want to be emptied so that He can fill and out-pour what is really Him in each event with each person we come in contact with.
Some limit GOD to just one or two 'gifts' when those were just listed to give folks a running start of understanding on a human level what is possible to them that believe that the King of the universe literally indwells us... but when Paul describes the gifts - he does say - "as He wills" - which doesn't limit anyone to just being used in one or two but to walk as Christ did, is to not see individual gifts but seeing Him working His Life out of a piece of clay and why I feel so strongly to repeat about emptying ourselves of ourselves as much as possible and having our eyes singularly on Him as the author of everything that we even so much as think. Letting His thoughts replace ours, etc..
He wants so badly to reach the world through us in the very same way that He demonstrated when He was here in the flesh, being our Example.

Amen - no flesh will glory in His Presence - without Him, we can do Nothing - but we need to see it's All of Him so that we don't limit here, but just let Him work to His Own Glory. We need to get out of the way, knowing we're useless unless He does His work through us and not limit what He will do through those that believe that He wants to live His very Life through us, because He came into us to use us for whomever He sends our way or sends us to - otherwise He'd just take us Home.

Thank you, Brother Rbanks. We look to the Giver and than He uses us in whatever 'gifts' are needed in each situation - no limits. Amen!

2012/4/30 21:15
rbanks

Re:

Amen sister Ann on an excellent post! It is amazing on how much we agree.

God bless you sister!
your brother in Christ...rbanks

2012/4/30 21:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy