SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Mouth-Body Connection

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

The Mouth-Body Connection

It's time we make the connection concerning our mouth and our body. Because the Bible has a lot to say about the effects our words have on our body. Especially when our words are in line with God's words. In Proverbs 4:20-22 it says "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." That word health in hebrew is translated medicine, remedy, cure, deliverance so your mouth can be the deliverance or the cure for your body. So God's word in your mouth is medicine to your body. Proverbs 12:18 says, "But the tongue of the wise is health(medicine)." God's word is God's wisdom so a wise man is going to speak the word of God. So that God can do what He said He would do "I create the fruit of the lips; Peace peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him."

In the 3rd chapter of James he gives an excellent discription of the power of the tongue. He says, "If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and also able to briddle the whole body." Notice the connection with the mouth and the body. Then he goes into how we control a horse by putting something in his mouth to turn his body and the right thing in your mouth will turn your body. He then goes into how a ship is controlled by a very small rudder wherever the one steering the ship turns it no matter how strong the winds. So your tongue even though it is small will turn you from sickness to healing no matter how fierce the sickness. So be careful what you speak about your body, stop talking about your old bones and how is only natural to loose your memory when you get up in age. This disease runs in our family. The Bible says God satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles (Psalms 103:5). It's your confession of the word that will bring healing as in Romans 10:10. Notice it says, "With the heart man believes unto rightousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" that word salvation in the greek is translated as healing. Your words are very important so make the connection of the mouth and body.

2012/4/27 4:07Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: The Mouth-Body Connection

Thank you for a great post Franklin. There are many more proverbs about words and health though. Something about Pleasant words are health to the bones...and more.

Someone i know read a book on a related topic once and told me it said that arthritis was caused by a bitter spirit.

Now the thought occurred to me that bitter people never speak pleasant words, they speak bitter words.

Caveat: I've known aged people who had a bit of arthritis but were not ever known for bitterness however. So the rule of thumb is this: THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE BUT THE RULE ITSELF STILL STANDS.

Anyway, i always need to hear this kind of preaching as much as possible so thanx for a great post.

2012/4/27 4:31Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you Trekker for reading this article, yes Proverbs 16:24 does say "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb sweet to the soul and health to the bones. And we all need to keep hearing teaching like this. Thanks!

2012/4/27 17:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy