SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 7:6 -- What is Paul Saying?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
soulrider

New York

Re:

The purpose of the law is to reveal lawlessness or to show that we are sinners. However, the law in and of itself
doesn't provide any means of obeying the law. That is where the cross comes in. Here we are freed from the need
to obey the law 100% because Jesus did that for us. After repentance and faith in Jesus we are fully forgiven, justified and declared Righteous before God (praise him!) - so any further 'works' are of no use in trying to 'gain favor' with God.

Gal. 5:6 - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
and
Gal. 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
and
Romans 8:13 - But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live
and
Gal 5:23 - (fruits of the spirit) Against such there is no law.

So we pursue holiness, growth, seperation from the world (in not of) and seeking of God not to gain justification, but to gain in sanctification, increase relationship with him and others, grow in love, and to walk as he walked by the power of his Holy Spirit.

2012/4/26 8:19Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
So we pursue holiness, growth, seperation from the world (in not of) and seeking of God not to gain justification, but to gain in sanctification, increase relationship with him and others, grow in love, and to walk as he walked by the power of his Holy Spirit

I add, we don't do these things even of ourselves, the Spirit compels it in us. Christ in us leads and guides us to holiness and gives us the strength to live and grow in Him. It's all Him and all His work in us.

2012/4/26 8:24Profile

Re:

Brother Husley, you are ignoring all the scriptual facts that I have posted in this thread.

You are going by what you've been taught since infancy. Look at the facts, Paul will never teach against what his master the Messiah taught and preached. That in itself is an anamoly. I've shown you some subtle deceptions that are present in our current tranlsations. The majority of this world have fallen for these lies according to Rev. 12:9

The Messiah and all the prophets of old taught us to keep the commandments, but the Christitian world says NO! Paul said we don't have to. Assuming that is true (which is not), who woud you obey, Paul or the Messiah?

Don't you see this mindset doesn't make any sense? You can follow your heart, but you can't deny these facts.

2012/4/26 8:30
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Colossians 2:13-17
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[b]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

This is referencing the Law, it and its rituals and ceremony were only a Shadow of The Christ.

Ephesians 2:14-16
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

And He did away with the commands and regulations by dying on the Cross for us. To do what? Bring a New Law, the Law of the Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit that lives in you now.

2012/4/26 8:41Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point, he is guilty of breaking all of it." -James 2:10

So brother Ephah,

Have you ever lied?

If so, you are also a fornicator, blasphemer, adulturer, murderer, thief, etc. That is if you are trying to keep the law.

2012/4/26 8:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
Have you ever lied?

I'm more curious if he's suffered a witch to live. If he's kept the law, and has not, I'd be curious where he lives. I'm sure the police would be as well.

2012/4/26 9:15

Re:

Quote:
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. --mguldner

Do you observe the Feast Days? Do you keep the Sabbath as instructed? Do you celebrate the new moon? Why do you put up this quote when you have no understanding of what it means.

Your Sunday school teaching will get you burnt. Study theses verses both Greek and Hebrew, compare translations and lexicons to see what the underlining message is. You don't have to be a scholar, the information is there.

Quote:
I'm more curious if he's suffered a witch to live. If he's kept the law, and has not, I'd be curious where he lives. I'm sure the police would be as well. --EverestoSama

Do you think it’s wise to question the validity of what the Creator has ordained. If the Creator issues a command, who am I to question why? If the Creator says “do not permit a witch to live, how dare you ask why? Don’t do these things brethren, don’t do it!

2012/4/26 10:39

Re:

I wasn't asking why, as I'm well aware of why this law was given. I'm asking whether or not you keep and currently carry out this specific commandment.

2012/4/26 11:27

Re:

Quote:
Paul said we don't have to. Assuming that is true (which is not), who would you obey, Paul or the Messiah?

Both! How?

For one thing Jesus was born UNDER THE LAW we are not. All that Jesus spoke of concerned the kingdom of God which was coming (at Pentecost)Romans 14:17. Jesus was not in the kingdom that he was saying was coming. The change was not made at that point. Matthew Mark Luke and John are still in the Old Testament, under the law.

Though Paul was born under the law, he was born again in the Kingdom of God.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now if the law could not be performed through the flesh because it being weak, how say you that we can obey the law?

How was Jesus able to obey the law? He was not weak as sinful men like we are, He came in the likeness of man, without the blood of Adam. He was able to carry out the requirements of the law.

Now that He fulfilled it's requirements, why do the legalist's require that we obey it seeing that we cannot?

Jesus said, if a man just looks over another woman and undresses her in his mind, he's already committed adultery in his heart. Or what about the subtle thoughts that enter our mind when someone is being successful we think, "I wish I had that".

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

We live under a different umbrella these days, we don't have the Sanhedrin breathing down our necks and dragging us into the court room while shop keepers are selling sharp rocks to the crowd outside waiting for a good stonefest. We don't have that today so we can say all we want about keeping the law or not keeping the law.

But if we were under that system, THERE IS NO MERCY under the law. If the law is broken, it demanded the penalty to be carried out, no mercy was granted.

Under the wonderful world of Grace we find redemption from the bondage of the law because Jesus was able to fulfill the law and meet all it's requirements.

Do you hear that? The law is not demanding anything from us anymore. We've been translated from the kingdom of darkness (which by the way is the kingdom of law keeping through the flesh) and translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (which means we've been set free from the responsibility of law keeping). The Old Covenant requirements has passed away behold all things have become new.

Now IF, I like that don't you? 'IF' we sin we have an advocate with the Father who is quick to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He is the law personified. That is why He is called the Mediator, the Advocate, our Lawyer. So that if and when we do sin, the law cannot come after us demanding that we be put to death, Christ has staid it's hand to condemn because the law cannot condemn Christ seeing that we are now in Christ, we are bone of His Bone, flesh of His Flesh, spirit of His Spirit.

2012/4/26 11:39

Re:

Brothers and Sisters may I have your ATTENTION, this man Ephah needs our attention. Whether he is here to cause trouble or be a thorn in our side of the grace and liberty that we all enjoy in Christ Jesus or he is a genuine seeker for the truth. He like everyone else that has gone before him, even our beloved Paul the Apostle who needed divine revelation to see the grace of God because He was zealous of the law, needs to see the cross to which Christ accomplished in our stead all that was required that we could not do being so weak.

Before Paul was converted he was contentious, no doubt he argued with Christians that he was taking off to jail. But I can see those same Christians praying for him.

Let us look at Ephah as Paul today dragging us before the law demanding that we keep the law, arguing with Christians as he dismisses each one as a heretic, let us pray for Paul that he see the light as he did on the road to Damascus. He never saw the Ten Commandments, he never saw Moses, he never saw anyone around him, all he saw was a bright light and a voice speaking out to him.

That is our prayer for Ephah that he see the light and that he hear the voice of the Son of God.

God Bless Beloved.

2012/4/26 11:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy