SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

I don't understand what this has to do with Christ or Christianity.

2012/4/25 4:15Profile
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

I am very sorry your dad had to go through financial difficulties after working so hard; I can understand how depressing this can be. The system is being drained due a lot of different factors, to say that it's because of the illegal aliens, is not fair. Unemployment and overspending are part of the issue. When I was a caseworker I was able to see how people used and abused the system, I had enough of it and decided to move to Child Protective Services instead. Now my question is, why are we taking "the examiner's" article as face value and just blame the immigrants?

I just do not agree with blaming the immigrants, I speak from experience I saw a lot of U.S citizens (not born from illegal aliens) using and abusing the system, some of these people are from generations who have been in the system for years.

Well, I think this is it for me. Like I said I do not agree on blaming the illegal aliens. Lets consider the other factors as well, take care…

I apologize that this conversation has not been edifying or is about Christ, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,

2012/4/25 9:10Profile
rickyearle

Re:

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, THAT IF ANY WOULD NOT WORK, NEITHER SHOULD HE EAT.

This has everything to do with Jesus Christ.

ps - the number of christians who go on welfare, use unemployment, are not men and dont work whatever it takes to provide for their families and have enough to give others in true need is pathetic.

We trust in God to supply our needs, not lean on the government for handouts. This is to our shame.

2012/4/25 9:32Profile

Re:

seems to me that folks can point to various prophesies from Isaiah as to the Coming Messiah, the Suffering Servants, but they never really reference Isaiah 58.

for years now, a great many HERE in America, who have been shown Mercy and Grace in Jesus Christ will move heaven and earth to train up missionaries, anglos, to head south, into Mexico, Central America, etc....bless God for any laborer, for down there, the people have been trapped with romanism.

but as the Lord led me, i always thought it was Jesus bringing the mission field UP HERE, yet for years, there was bleating and scorn cast upon latino's seeking a better life, working HARD for wages no white boy.

Now, for the first time, they are going BACK, because economic conditions are so bad, and i ask, how many latino's that were here, were showed how to get out of rome, and realize that Salvation is thru Grace?

instead we get men like Joe Arpaio, gleefully showing off his "tent jail" complex

and now 47 million plus of our fellow citizens needs GOVT assistance, just to eat, while nobody says one word about the FACT we alone spend more on weaponry, than all the nations of the world combined.

is it just me?....or are things upside down?

2012/4/25 9:45

ricky yearle

Quote:
ps - the number of christians who go on welfare, use unemployment, are not men and dont work whatever it takes to provide for their families and have enough to give others in true need is pathetic.

someday ricky, those words you just typed in the darkness of your heart will be ALL you have to eat...repent while you still have time.

2012/4/25 9:47
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

I will apologize straight up now because I’m going to play the Lord’s advocate here but I find it hard to believe that the Lord looks at America and what our laws are and then blesses accordingly, He blesses according to obedience to His Scripture. And brothers and sisters in Christ, we are not supposed to take sides to oppress the strangers and their children.

JiG, you are excellent with researching around the Internet... do we know when we (this supposed Christian nation) started creating laws to oppress the illegal aliens (strangers) and when America truly started going downhill?

With God’s resources, there is always enough to support everyone but when we start being stingy with what we think is “our” resources suddenly there isn’t enough to go around and we start seeing our families suffer and then it hits home. It definitely happens on the micro level AND I believe we have been seeing finally on the macro level.

I think it’s something for each one of us who names the name of Christ to think and pray about.

God bless us all to be more giving,
Lisa

edit: (removed a couple of parenthesis for clearer understanding).

2012/4/25 10:13Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I remember reading or hearing, if americas churches, throughout the whole spectrum of christianity took on themselves to care for 1 (one) homeless person, and maybe someonein that church helped one unemployed get work or some kind of paid job, America would not have one single homeless person or unemployed.

Now some churches do much more... but its interesting none the less, for so many christians and churches will hear "I was naked , I was hungry...." when they stand before God, I know some interpret that to apply christians only, i am not sure.... Jesus helped people outside of the Jewish people so i think we should follow that example as individuals and as churches.

Pauls words do apply but if we did let a homeless man into our church, clothed him and gave him a work, put roof over his head and he refused to work and just took advantage of the hospitality i see Pauls verse could be applied in such a case.

2012/4/25 10:20Profile
notlongnow

Re:

Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Exodus 23:9

It seems when hard times hit, people who have put their trust in earthly savings and insurances, need someone to blame. Predictibly they then turn to point the finger at 'illegal aliens' or another favourite; single mothers. It truly is wrong to scapegoat the most vunerable people in society. They are an easy target aren't they.

It's time to face facts and accept America is under judgement for it's sins. It is reaping what it has sown.

2012/4/25 11:05Profile
rbanks

Re:

Well I know many on SI don’t like and wouldn’t be a part of a denomination but let me just say that the Pentecostal denomination that I am affiliated with has reach out to Hispanics over the last several years and has help start close to one hundred local churches reaching out to our Hispanic brother and sisters. Jesus died for all the lost people and we don’t have to just go to foreign countries to preach the gospel, for open your eyes, the world is coming to your door steps if you live in the USA and the opportunities for evangelism are endless.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/4/25 11:26Profile
Onesetfree

Canada

Re:

"someday ricky, those words you just typed in the darkness of your heart will be ALL you have to eat...repent while you still have time."

Are you a prophet to speak this over someone?

Another reason why I rather not visit this site...filled with so much attack and arguments....post after post filled with people spending hours arguing or throwing out judgments like the above.....Sermonindex.net Promoting Christ-Centered Revival?? There is no way this site promotes Revival with the direction it is going.......

2012/4/25 13:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy