SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I stand at the Door and knock

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
arkp

I stand at the Door and knock

Man had now sinned, the first promise of redemption was to be given, and our first parents were to be expelled from Eden. Man's sin was a rebellion against a specific command of God and marked a transition from theoretical to experiential knowledge of good and evil..

Man sinned by entering the realm of moral experience by the wrong door when he could have entered by doing right. Thus he was placed by God under stewardship of moral responsibility whereby he was accountable to do all known good, to obstain from all known evil..and to approach God through blood sacrifice here instituted in prospect of the finished work of Christ.

The result is set forth Adamic Covenant (Gen 3:14-21) Man failed the test presented to him in this dispensation, as in others.

Although, as the specific test, this time-era ended with the flood, man continued in his moral responsibility as
God added further revelation concerning Himself and His will in succeeding ages..

-- And the Lord said , "it is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.

The the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made ino a Woman, and He brought her to the man..

May we never have to sew fig leaves together to make a covering..

WAIT ON GOD!

2012/4/22 9:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy