SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : bible for my mobile

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

bible for my mobile

Hi All,Just wondering do any of you know of a bible programme I can download on to my phone,preferably for free...Thanks staff

2012/4/18 18:28Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: bible for my mobile

The blue letter bible or the you version bible. I like the BLB better but both are good.

2012/4/18 18:31Profile
staff

Re:

Thanks do I just go to the webpage?staff

2012/4/18 18:48Profile

Re:

Youversion is good. It is free and can be downloaded from the Android store. It has several if the major translation available for download for your mobile. Excellent app. Again it is free.

Bearnaster.

2012/4/18 19:32
pilgrim777

Re:

The Olive Tree BibleReader for my IPhone is my favorite free one.

2012/4/18 19:37Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

The Olive Tree BibleReader for my IPhone is my favorite free one.

2012/4/18 19:37Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Tecarta, Crossway.org ESV, Alexander Scourby KJV

Hi Staff,

What type of phone do you have? Is it an Andriod, iPhone, Blackberry or Windows Mobile?

The Andriod and iPhones have built in applications (apps) that give you access to locating and downloading apps directly on the phone. On the iPhone you can also locate and download apps through iTunes in the iTunes Music Store. The new apps will be added to your phone the next time you sync with your computer. I'm not very familiar with the methods used by Andriod, Blackberry and other types of phones but I'm sure there are people here who can help you out.

Two other Bible apps you might find beneficial are the one from Tecarta. You can download several versions into the same program and view them interlinear. The KJV and a few other translations are free but some of the more modern ones are extra.

The other Bible app I have found helpful at times is the one from ESV by Crossway.org. It is a nicely designed program clear of any clutter. It also freely includes cross references which most other programs do not. It also has a very nice interface that flows between chapters and books.

A nice benefit of the You Version, which is available on about every type of phone, is that it allows you to listen to audio versions of many translations over wifi or 3G/4G and will keep reading chapter to chapter.

A final method that Bermaster recommended is to keep an audio Bible on your phone like KJV version by Alexander Scourby which runs about $20 currently. One of the good things about Scourby KJV that I've noticed versus the other audio Bibles tha I have seen (and I've only examined a handful), is that you can go to a specific chapter rather than trying to find what you are looking for through unlabeled audio book style files.

2012/4/18 19:59Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks
I am looking to download a bible for an android that I can use offline as my internet connection is poor.Any info appreciated,
Yours Staff

2012/4/19 17:41Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

acrobible has several versions some you pay but i think you can get KJV and some commentary etc for free offline, also see bible by lifechurch, and cadreworks, as others have said see olivetree as they have some free bibles and commentarys etc, also option to se strongs numbers etc but as many others some books and resources cost and some are free. olive tree is a good option and also offline once you downloaded the books.

2012/4/19 17:47Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Here is a free bible (mp3) from firefighters.

http://www.firefighters.org/kjv/bible/index.cfm

I can see them on my Iphone by Book and chapter.

Should work for Android.

2012/4/19 18:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy