SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Updated on brother Denny Kenaston - Brain Tumor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Updated on brother Denny Kenaston - Brain Tumor

A Heavenly Perspective. . .
We faced the Dr this morning to hear the results from Papa's biopsy. From an earthly perspective - he gave us the worst possible news a family can receive. Papa has been diagnosed with a stage 4 glioblastoma (cancerous) tumor. The Dr laid out a course of treatment for us, but when we asked him how much extra time the most aggressive form of treatment could give us, he told us just a couple months. I think that was a shock to us all. We all have been sensing in our hearts that the news wouldn't be good, but for there to be no alternatives, so way to 'make it better' was shocking. At the same time, we all felt carried and upheld by the arms of our loving Heavenly Father is such a wondrous way. We were sobered to hear the stark facts in black and white. Yet, our hearts are filled with peace that our Father knows what He is doing, and He is doing something big - something beautiful! From a heavenly perspective, this is holy ground we are walking on! God has made it very clear that he cares about every little detail of this journey He has us on and He has been there every step of the way. He set up a divine appointment for us in the hospital waiting room with a dear couple who know the Lord. Our hearts connected immediately and we all formed a circle and prayed for each other right there in the waiting room. So many precious things have been happening in our family. So, yes, this is terrible news and we do grieve and yet - I wouldn't trade this time for anything else in the world!
We have many decisions ahead of us and we would appreciate your prayers for much wisdom as we consider our options and pray about them as a family. Our heart's desire is for God to receive the most glory - no matter what the outcome ends up being in this chapter of our lives. It seems that our father has received a summons to "a better country" - can we truly grieve with such a joy set before him?
Thanks again for all the love and support each one of you has been showering on our family. We are overwhelmed by your love and so thankful that we don't need to face this journey alone! -Beka

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dennykenaston

2012/4/18 16:11Profile
iceman9

New York

Re: Updated on brother Denny Kenaston - Brain Tumor

Saints we need to keep praying for Brother Denny his bride Jackie and their family.

2012/4/18 16:14Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Continuing in prayer.

2012/4/18 16:20Profile
mama27

Re:

I can't help but have tears well up in me as I read this....Bro. Denny blessed me greatly early in my Christian walk, and in the raising of our children thru his Godly Home series....I cannot count the number of times I have heard, "This is Brother Denny...." at the beginning of a Charity sermon message....This is the month of the 1-year anniversary that the Lord took David Wilkerson home also....my heart just cries out - "But Lord....we NEED these men!!!!"....and yet we know He makes no mistakes....I will be praying...and along with my prayers that He would heal, and comfort the family, and receive glory for Himself, I will be praying that our Lord would raise up other godly men such as these....maybe some of you younger men here on SI will hear His call....

Is there a direct link to updates on his prayer needs so that we don't need to wait to see it posted here?

2012/4/18 16:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

You can signup for direct updates here and also you can leave a guestbook comment also there for his wife to read to him:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dennykenaston

2012/4/18 16:56Profile

The Spirit Himself intercedes on our behalf with groanings that cannot be uttered. Amen, no words, just tears.

Thank you Brother Greg.

2012/4/18 18:46

"It seems that our father has received a summons to "a better country" - can we truly grieve with such a joy set before him?"

Thinking of the man who raised this child, that penned these words. What a heavenly mindset... and all the christian families that have been strengthened, healed, blessed, guided, and encouraged by the Lords work through him.

-Jim

2012/4/18 19:16

Re:

Yeah, Jim, I was thinking the same thing. Reading that makes me weep asking only that God, purely through His Grace, would help me become the kind of father who could raise up Godly offspring like that! I have had stumbling & failure in my walk more often than I now care to even remember, but I still have one main prayer as He carries me in His Gracious hands: "Lord, call my 5 children unto yourself & give me Grace to be an aid in that goal & not a hindrance. Raise them up as missionaries, evangelists, prophets, martyrs, or whatever is pleasing to you, but don't let me get in the way of that end by your grace." That's powerful to read, no doubt!!
Jeff Marshall

2012/4/19 1:33
brothagary

Re:

amasing girl is beka

but for the gospels sake ,,lets expect and believe in a miracal so this man can contine to preach his word

is there any sick amoung you
let them go to the elders
and let them pray over
and anoint them in the name of lord jesus christ
and THAT PRAYER OF FAITH ,WILL SAVE THE SICK
AND THE LORD WILL RAISE HIM UP
and if he has comtited any sins
it will be forgivern of him

lets hold on to this promise that i think the apostals james wrote

so that god may be glorafied through his saint

;lord strengthen our faith in your promises

AMEN