SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please pray in unity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Please pray in unity

Dr A. T. Pierson once said, ‘There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.’

We are discussing many good and important things on sermonindex. I ask that we lay those things aside for one week and each of us seek revival, first in,ourselves. Really have been inspired by the thread about the filling of the holy Spirit , the accounts of Moody and Orr for instance. Laying aside all else, just to focus totally on personal revival..let's ask Him to light the fire!

2012/4/16 20:57

Re: Please pray in unity

Evan Roberts told his fellow members, ‘I have a message for you from God.

* You must confess any known sin to God and put any wrong done to others right.

* Second, you must put away any doubtful habit.

* Third, you must obey the Spirit promptly.

* Finally, you must confess your faith in Christ publicly.’

This week, let's do this and nothing else but pray for revival.

2012/4/16 21:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
* You must confess any known sin to God and put any wrong done to others right.

I feel in the body of Christ in North America, division and gossip against others in the body of Christ is one of the worst sins that are not confessed. The body of Christ is divided so much better denominations and groups and each one looking down on each other. In times of true revival denominational lines disappear as God is working amongst men. May we have the maturity not to compromise but to look at each other better then ourselves, especially from other churches.

2012/4/16 21:26Profile

Re:

Amen brother! We are praying about that specifically. It does not seem to be recognized as a sin. Dear Lord forgive us.

2012/4/16 21:33
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Amen, God has set His people a-praying. That means He surely intends to do something! We must humble ourselves before Him, I know He's been humbling me greatly of late.

When Evan Roberts first shared those four points with his home church there were 17 young people that responded with a desire to obey. They met the next night with more responding and attendance began to grow nightly. As Christians got right with God and others, God began to convict unbelievers of sin and many turned to Christ, 100,000 in six months.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/4/16 23:08Profile
MaryJane

I will join you in prayer. Daily I ask FATHER to open my eyes and show me things in my life that are not of HIM and that would keep me from walking in the light with HIM. There are times when this is difficult, even painful, as HE is faithful to reveal the sin in my life and it must be dealt with in HIM. :)

thank you for the thread
God Bless
mj

2012/4/17 9:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is a strong word from George Fox towards gossip and slandering other Christians, may we repent of this and pray to the Lord for all of His body:

"Oh! abuse not the power, in which is the gospel fellowship [1 Cor 9:18, Phil 1:5], which will keep all in unity, and grieve not the spirit [Eph 4:30], in which is the true fellowship, and the bond of peace [Eph 4:3]. So the fruits of every birth manifesteth itself; the fruits of the spirit are love, and peace, [Gal 5:22] and truth, and plainness, and righteousness, and godliness. But the fruits of the flesh [Gal 5:19] are backbitings, whisperings [2 Cor 12:20], lyings, slanderings, scandalizings.

And therefore mind your first habitation and first love, [Rev 2:4] and that which did convince you, that you may all come into life and power, to sit down in the habitation of it, in love, and life, and unity, and let there not be a backbiter nor slanderous tongue, nor liar, nor whisperer, reproacher, nor a busy-body found amongst you; for if there be, it will leaven one another [1 Cor 5:6], and bring darkness and death upon you." - George Fox

2012/4/17 13:19Profile

Re:

I know I have been personally injured by gossip. It can seem harmless, and it is a way for women to form alliances. You are at a social disadvantage if you don't, because how can you discount gossip without gossiping yourself? So once you become a target, you really have to entrust yourself to the one that judges righteously.

Thanks be to God that we need not fear, for He has not allowed anything that has not been measured though His loving hand.

I try to teach the younger women of its dangers....it is very injurious to the spiritual health of the gossiper.

In my life, getting older, as the things of this world grow strangely dim, personal reputation loses its value. So, don't gossip, and don't let others gossip about you trouble you. turn your gaze fully on Him.

2012/4/17 14:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy