SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : “Scotland Awakens to God!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: “Scotland Awakens to God!

"Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
And HOPE maketh not ashamed; because the LOVE of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

I know this is true, no matter the date. Whether four yrs ago or not - His Remnant are still praying and if Carter Conlin [just for one] saw something in Scotland worth going back for and others are given visions for Scotland - I believe with faith, hope and love for what He loves.
I believe that any country with a history such as Scotland's, The LORD doesn't forget the labors done by those who Loved Him and died in or for their country, that their fellow country men would find Him.
If GOD puts a burden in some of our hearts for a certain nation - I don't believe it's in vain. It's almost easier to have hope for Scotland than our own country - yet the remnant are everywhere, and praying in faith non-stop.

Thank you, Brother Colin!

2012/4/6 17:30
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

The test of a true revival is NOT miracles and more church attendance and NOT more churches buildings being built, nor more ministries. The test of a true revival is widespread repentance and TRUE conversions to the TRUE, unadulterated Gospel.

While it sounds wonderful and legitimate on it's face, I would be cautious until more is known. I've just seen too many fake "revivals".

One question it brings up, however, is why can't a hundred "Christians" meet and pray for revival daily here in America??

2012/4/7 1:03Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: “Scotland Awakens to God!

As Frank pointed out revival has not broken out yet.

What you need to pay attention in the message is this part.

“The fact is that, during the past 20 years and all over Scotland, in villages, towns, and cities, hundreds of praying groups have sprung up on a scale unprecedented in this century.

Jean Darnall 2009 word for Scotland

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=oXnLICxUwA&feature=BFa&list=PL09795E6AFF0F09B4&lf=results_main

2012/4/7 12:19Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
One question it brings up, however, is why can't a hundred "Christians" meet and pray for revival daily here in America??

I know plenty of people who are praying for revival, they just don't make a habit of coming on message boards and bragging about how much they pray for revival. They know the meaning of this verse:

Quote:
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, GO INTO YOUR ROOM, close the door (so no one can see you) and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. ~Matthew 6:5-6

And when they are done there they go and feed the homeless using their own money and preach the gospel, never asking anyone for anything. I met a few brothers locally that do this, they are a wonderful blessing.

Quote:
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

He replied, “I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.” ~1 Kings 19:13b-14

"I'M THE ONLY ONE GOD!!" said Elijah

To him the Lord replied:

Quote:
Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him. ~1 Kings 19:18

Paraphrase: "Elijah, spare me the drama, I still have 7000 that you know nothing about"

One thing I know for sure, the Lord has a remnant!

PRAISE HIS NAME!!

2012/4/7 12:56Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I know plenty of people who are praying for revival, they just don't make a habit of coming on message boards and bragging about how much they pray for revival. They know the meaning of this verse

I am saddened that you see this thread as a "habit of bragging", all I intended was to encourage others. Just as God tried to encourage Elijah by telling him he had 7000 that had not bowed the knee, but you saw that in a negative light as well.

What to do....

2012/4/7 18:37Profile
learjet

Re:

Hi Colin,

If you read the thread in full you will see how I responded to your initial post.

Quote:
I am saddened that you see this thread as a "habit of bragging", all I intended was to encourage others. Just as God tried to encourage Elijah by telling him he had 7000 that had not bowed the knee, but you saw that in a negative light as well.

What to do....

Would you like me to apologize for a comment that I made that wasn't directed toward you to begin with?

2012/4/7 20:50Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Ok now I see it, it wasn't directed at me...

Apologies to you.

2012/4/8 5:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy