SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon.
Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.

The Home Office says the move is key to tackling crime and terrorism, but civil liberties groups have criticised it.

Tory MP David Davis called it "an unnecessary extension of the ability of the state to snoop on ordinary people". ...

read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

2012/4/2 12:14Profile

Re: Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

Wow! didn't think I'd live to see this but there it is. This is baddd, really bad.

2012/4/2 14:56

Re:

This is very old news and deception on their part, as it's been operational for decades. Just do a Search on "Echelon" and choose a site that you trust. We've been aware of this since the early 90's, but now they're only putting it out there and as a so-called "law", merely to put fear in people - which is rather foolish or counter-productive; as the ones that truly do need to be tapped are the criminals and now they can find other ways to communicate. The News-casters do on the MSM - using keywords to communicate to Govs, etc. and to affect social engineering [opinion tampering] on the listeners around the world and the wearing of certain type clothing or colors or jewelry to communicate a message to the global powers that be.

GOD is always watching and listening - so who cares what they do - as long as our conscience is clear before Him.
The main thing is that, this is not something new that's being done or only in England - though whatever was intercepted since it was started, went through over to England first and then sent back here.

No fear, even if you read of more detailed type surveilance - it doesn't matter at all because Creator GOD is keeping the books on all.

Be of good cheer - He has conquered the world. I still find it rather insane though, that they'll try to wage war with the Returning Lamb. Imagine that - "hide us from the wrath of 'the Lamb'" Who's ever run or hid themselves from a Lamb? :)
Praise GOD!

2012/4/2 15:48
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

A friend of ours has a son that used to work for a cell phone company. She told us - he told them - his company has a couple people hired full time to retrieve recordings of cell phone calls. He said all cell phone calls are recorded and archived. At the point when he told his mom this he said many persons requesting this info were law officers. I do not know if a civilian can retrieve it for personal use or not.

Like Anne said, this has been going on for a while.

QUOTE:
"GOD is always watching and listening - so who cares what they do - as long as our conscience is clear before Him."

I have often thought of this - why the secrecy? God knows it all...

2012/4/2 22:04Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re: As expected

Ever since the 1970's there has been a little device in televisions that has the ability to peer into our homes and watch us. It was called a "fish eye" and is currently accredited with darkening the screen when the room is brightly lit or brightening the screen when the room has very low light.

Cameras exist, even in America, on the streets with facial recognition software. It's well known that phone calls are recorded.

Sadly, none of this is a surprise. It's been expected. I don't laugh at, or take lightly, any of our privacy, freedoms or liberties being taken from us. But, on a certain level, when you think about it, it's laughable how the "powers that be" are so paranoid of the general public and feel the need to watch and listen to everything we do and say. And to think... they think they're being so covert and exerting their dominion over us. But it's all because they fear LOSING THEIR OWN power, money and influence.

I feel incredibly sad for them. They don't know God. They have no hope. They're lost. All of this is false confidence and false hope that they're clinging to. To the Christian, all of these losses of freedoms and liberties are signs of our blessed hope that Jesus is returning so very soon.

2012/4/2 22:55Profile

Re: Big Bro Watching

Under the National Security Agency is a network of super computers called Epsilon. These computers can sift through millions of text, phone, emails, etc in seconds. This is how the U S tracks terrorist. It is also how the U S tracks its own citizens.

2012/4/2 23:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"Under the National Security Agency is a network of super computers called Epsilon. These computers can sift through millions of text, phone, emails, etc in seconds."

You know what trigger words will result in further investigation?

2012/4/3 19:47Profile

Re: Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

good! more chance to spread the Gospel, even to the hirelings in babylon.

dear brother GG, this has been going on FOR DECADES...trust me, i KNOW, its nothing NEW, they're just putting some teeth in it now, but what else would you expect in babylon?

if it is anytime to heed Pauls admonition in Romans 13, its now. stash Bibles, wait and watch, never be a Zealot, looked what happened to them circa 66-70 A.D.

i'd rather be in "Antioch", witnessing.

2012/4/3 20:16
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
This is how the U S tracks terrorist. It is also how the U S tracks its own citizens.

Sadly, it's WHO the US government now considers "terrorists" that is alarming and concerning. If people understood the extent of this situation, it would cause many of them incredible fear and anger.

2012/4/3 20:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy