SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for family and friends health problems

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

prayer for family and friends health problems

Their are some serious prayers right now of some people that really need prayer in my life. The first prayer is for our friend Becky who is in the hospital with a seizure, i don't know the specifics but if you could lift her up in prayer i deeply would appreciate it. Please pray for my friend Keith i have put prayer requests for his salvation before so if you could pray for that, but also he is struggling with a disease called chronic fatigue syndrome, he is really struggling with it and it is a daily struggle for him, please pray for his health and his life, that the Lord would come to his rescue. Pray also for my mom Pat, she is having health problems. She has had problems with her hands which of broken out a lot and continue to make her inch, she has gone to the doctors and things still really have not got that much better for her. She also struggles with a drinking problem and also pray for salvation and health in general and for my parents marriage to get better. She has struggled a lot in her life a lot please pray for that the Lord would come to her and comfort her and heal her. Also continue to pray for Ethan with his muscular dystrophy that the Lord would heal him of it. Also my moms cousins have cancer if you could pray for them to i would deeply appreciate it. Also my friend Joel needs prayer for direction with his career and strength from the Lord, he works a lot, doesnt get much sleep, but he reads the Bible everyday still, pl;ease pray for him and his repentenance of his sins.Also please pray for my friend Stan he is very discouraged in his life right now with friends and in getting a job and acceptance in general, please pray the Lord would move upon his life again powerfully. Their so many prayer requests i could go on and on, please pray for everyone in my life. Thank you so much.

2012/3/29 15:33

Re: prayer for family and friends health problems

Last night i had to deal with my parents again with their drinking problem and my mom was telling me that this was not how she wanted to be and how she wanted to just leave, i tried as i have had in the past to lead her to Christ and start praying. This has been going for so long, she is hurting so much, she is very hard worker, but her relationship with my dad and his family has really hurt her a lot and i think made her worse and feel hopeless which has influenced her being brought to this point. I don't want to see alcohol do this to her, please pray for her deliverance and that the Lord would save her and her health. Also pray for my dad again and everyone this list we need everyones prayers so badly.

2012/4/1 13:47
Trekker

northern USA

Re: prayer for family and friends health problems

I have not seen any good ever come out of praying for people to be healed of things. Probably because God has some kind of purpose in it, using it to change a person. Like Paul and his thorn. In my view, healing miracles were only to authenticate Christ's ministry on earth. Also, as far as UNsaved people go, *sometimes* it would be better if we all prayed that their life get WORSE so that they can hit bottom sooner so that they have to look UP and finally seek God and repent. Btw, any person can find 101 excuses for sucking on a bottle all day, it's not hard. Don't be an enabler to your mother's drinking by accepting her excuses; don't even listen to her excuses, instead ignore them and walk away. Every drunkard has enablers they surround themselves with.

I could be completely wrong in everything i just wrote as it relates to YOUR situation, so just consider it & pray about it and if it is not something you think applies just forget it and move on.

2012/4/7 4:30Profile

Re:

You could be right brother, it is just hard for me to see her like this and her be in pain.

2012/4/8 0:44
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

I think there is a good possibility that the alcohol may be contributing to your mother's pain.

Alcohol robs the body of many nutrients, including B vitamins. It also destroys brain cells, liver, pancreas and other cells by dehydrating them. Surely her health condition is not helped by it, at the very least.

I am very familiar with drunkards/alcoholics. Some of that in my kin and elsewhere. One thing i can assure you is that alcoholics luv to wallow in self-pity. I have a friend who is a former alcoholic as well. Even when they manage to stop their alcoholism the mind set and tendency towards self-pity remains. And it is very destructive.

We all have miseries and tragedies and loss and sorrows: we all could use them as excuses to drink if we wanted. The difference between the drunkard and the humble person however is that the humble person will fall to his/her knees and cry out to God in prayer. The drunkard turns not to God but to a bottle instead. Why, they don't even turn to things that other Unbelievers turn to in order to deal with their troubles; a person who does NOT engage in self-pity will at least go out and use a punching bag or go out running and pummel his body into submission, seek volunteer work, start a campaign, petition, or foundation, or do something at least a little constructive. But the drunkard just wants to wallow.
You must NOT assist them in this. To do so is to be a co-conspirator, an enabler. God does NOT justify WALLOWING in self-pity: The drunkard tends to think they are the only one who has any troubles or their troubles are worse than anyone else's. Their self-pity leads to self-absorption and then selfishness: they don't mind that they are hurting their children or using up the family money as long as they have what they want and that is to drink and to wallow. They don't want to have to take responsibility for themselves. Often they only see how people have hurt them but not how they have hurt others. Be very careful about enabling their self-pity for by doing so you only strengthen and assist their bondage. A person who has chosen alcohol as their god needs to repent. (p.s. I don't even like to use the word "alcoholic" because of the current worldview which has twisted it into being a "disease" when in fact it is a spiritual condition--which can of course lead to disease).

I prayed for your mother last night. Will pray again. Currently i am praying for your mother and father and also for Keith, as i can only remember 3 names at once and also do not want to become overwhelmed by all the people i have to pray for, including those in my own life.

2012/4/8 1:07Profile

Re:

thank you so much brother it means a lot to me.

2012/4/8 23:08

Re:

hey guys please keep my mother in prayer she is breaking out like with rashes all over her body and the problem in her hands is really causing her pan, please keep her in prayer very strongly.

2012/4/14 13:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy