SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Blessed are they that mourn

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Blessed are they that mourn

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

The Lord is taking me through a season of mourning but He’s holding me up. I have chosen to look instead of look away. I see nothing of what God beholds. And even this would be unbearable if He wasn’t holding me. I see so many loved ones choosing daily to deny Him. Denying Him by turning a deaf ear to His words and a blind eye to His light. They will not forgive; therefore anger rests in their bosom. Their pride is too costly to give away. It blocks the vision of the heritage; the children and the children’s children. Who would insult a blind man by telling him that he is blind? He would give away all but one thing to see. So I sit in silence and I mourn the dead and pray for the living.

The Lord will return. Be encouraged and comforted. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

2012/3/26 22:40
onemite

Re: Blessed are they that mourn

deedandtruth,
As sure as it is night, the day will dawn. Yes, to everything there is a season, and this season you are will will also pass.
I wish to offer you some word of comfort, but I know that you know that the Lord will uphold you. One of the first sermons I found on SI was David Wilkerson's "A Call To Anguish," which God used as great encouragement for me because I was feeling such grief for the state of God's church and I felt so alone in it. I didn't know what I was suppose to do with my mourning. I did not know it was God's own heart over sin.
Sometimes we do have a season of grieving for what we see either inward or outward and it is given for the purpose of intercession. Continue also to look upward, lest you become discouraged. The troubles of this world are many and the hooks of the enemy are powerful, but Lord God is above them all. He who calls things that are not as though they were, who makes light where there was only darkness and brings order out of chaos IS.

2012/3/27 17:33Profile

Re:

Thank you for your words of encouragement onemite. That also was one of the first sermons that I listened to as well. I've thought about that sermon recently and will listen to it again. "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart." (Romans 9:1-2) Great heaviness and continual sorrow pervade me right now. I'm not discouraged, just greatly grieved by the willful disobedience and stubbornness of loved ones. "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5) Thank God! Though I've experienced many disappointments from people who name the name of Christ, hope does not disappoint. Jesus is our hope and by His Spirit He will never disappoint us. Thank you once again onemite.

"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:13-18)

2012/3/28 19:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy