SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Faces Federal Suit for Sharing Views on Homosexuality

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank you for your post, RobertW.

2012/3/25 15:42
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
If the pastor wants to rebuke sin, let him start at the sins of his best people starting with himself, and deal with what Jim calls secret 'faults' (meaning secret ‘sins’ really but for some the word is too hard to say). Sure sodomy and fornication are sins, but what do you expect openly lost people to do? They know nothing other than sin!!! They are in more need of a Saviour than a rebuke. Now the openly religious on the other hand, THEY are in need of rebukes, because they claim to know better.

Joe, how do you know that the pastor didn't start with himself? How do you know he is one of the self-righteous "religious"? There is little to gather from the referenced article as to the details of what the pastor preached, do you know something more of this pastor that we don't know about?

In Christ,

Ron

2012/3/25 17:14Profile

Re:

OJ, rather than turning yet another thread into "you versus me" or anymore 'personal' attacks on the others on this thread - let's try to come to an understanding once, and for all.

I'd like to explain just a few things. When I was studying psychology and from what I learned from that Marine Psychiatrist -- he shared a story about a Psychologist. Every morning that this Psychologist got on the elevator to go up to his office, a certain man would wait for him to spit on this Psychologist's tie.
Finally, another person that witnessed this, day in and day out, asked the Psychologist why he didn't say or do anything about this spitting man, and the Psychologist said, "The man isn't hurting me, but he sure is destroying himself with his hatred, because hatred does destroy the body and I can feel nothing but sympathy for him."

That's actually a Biblical truth.

I left a video for you on one of your threads about "dying to self" by Eric Ludy, titled "Spiritualized Selfishness". It was worth watching - or reading Watchman Nee on that topic of how a dead person can't be hurt.

Your beef with me [and most all of the others here] started when we disagreed with you on 'obeying GOD's Word because we Love Him' - along the lines of the "Lordship" thread.

You aren't dangerous to those that are strong in The Word, as the Brothers on this thread are - but your posts are dangerous to young believers that have over-active or under-active consciences and the enemy of their souls is using your posts to make waste of their faith in and understanding of what He's accomplished in or for their sanctification and discouraging them from the knowledge that their relationship with Him is a two-sided commitment that results in Freedom, Peace and Joy in Him.
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled"

Praying for all of HIS Best, for you & yours.

2012/3/25 17:49

Re:

O Lord, let this foolish people see that within them remains the capability of any evil they spy in another, and turn the vengeance they hold against the sin in another, towards their own sin!

OJ

2012/3/26 6:51

Re:

Prayers like that are better left in the prayer closet...

Krispy

2012/3/26 6:56
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: really!

Reading this forum is like wading through waist deep mud. Pretty much everyone just wants to shout out their personal views on this subject. Where is the call to prayer for this faithful pastor who was foolish enough to speak truth? It reminds me of the situation that Kirk Cameron found himself in when he was on the Piers Morgan show recently to discuss his new movie, and Piers blindsided him with questions about his views on homosexuality. Kirk is still being hounded about his hate speach for his biblical response to the question. The unfortunate thing about Tares is that they will never be real wheat.. Blessings all, Greg

2012/3/26 10:01Profile

Re:

I think everyone here is grateful for that man of God taking a stand. We've already discussed Kirk Cameron... and we all support that brother too. He was not "blind-sided" though. He's been around enough to know what to expect from the secular media.

Krispy

2012/3/26 10:34
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Name: Christiaan Hanson

State: Wisconsin

Bible: Homosexuality is a sin and leads to hellfire.

Great Commission: Matthew 28:19-20, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Quote to live by: “God give me a deep humility, a well-guided zeal, a burning love and a single eye, and then let men or devils do their worst.” - George Whitefield

2012/3/26 10:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
O Lord, let this foolish people see that within them remains the capability of any evil they spy in another, and turn the vengeance they hold against the sin in another, towards their own sin!

OJ

Were it not for The Cross and Him creating us with a freewill to "follow Him" as His sheep [John 10].

OJ, that 'prayer' goes against ALL that He died to give us.
That 'prayer' that you are praying against His children - is worse than the prayer of the Pharisee and is just as arrogant.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by 'the faith of' the Son of God, who loved me, and Gave Himself for me.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [Rom 8]

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

Were it not for Grace ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_lYk8cfIo&feature=related

2012/3/26 12:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy