SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where do YOU think (opinion) Judas Iscariot went?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Re: Where do YOU think (opinion) Judas Iscariot went?

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 17:12

I believe Judas is in hell. No one escapes hell except those God has chosen to give them the grace to "see and believe". God chose Judas to betray Christ from the multitudes of humanity headed for hell. Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo...

2005/2/1 6:49Profile

Every single response, withOUT a doubt

said Judas Iscariot is "lost", or in hell.

I will not say this is this or that is that.

I don't mean to say that I doubt or question the inerrancy of Scripture, God forbid.

The Holy Spirit put me on this train of thought this Sunday last when I was reading devotionally before I went to teach the children. I was at the latter chapters of the Gospel of Matthew, and my heartspace, on a personal level was that I was so appalled by own bad motives and unfitness for service. The night before I was so so tempted to call up the head of the children's ministry and tell her that I was "sick". But God dissuaded me from this spiritually namby-pamby course. The devil wants us to collapse, and phone in excuses, that's the enemies gameplan, foul up the saints, dredge up the half-truths of our lives, and not the Whole Truth, and the Whole Truth is Jesus.

So I'm reading Matthew 26, and the first verse I underlined, the first word that STUCK out in my spirit was verse 50, "Jesus replied, 'Friend"......

there was something about the Lord calling Judas "Friend"......its not like we do when we blithely call people "pal"...or "chum"

then the second verse I underlined, that stuck in my soul, was 54a (chapter26)
"But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled...?"

then I started to read how Peter disowned Jesus, (dare I say also betrayed?....albeit not on the same plane as Judas) but then I wrote in the margins of my Bible, this:

"Which is more severe?"

"Judas or Peter?"

"It was my sins that put Him on the Cross"

thats what I wrote, then I came to the 27th chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, and I underlined verse 4a:

"I have sinned, he said, for I have betrayed innocent blood." and I wrote in the margin

"he confessed his sin"

So then Judas threw the money in the temple and went away and hanged himself.

is that what the Word meant, "doomed to destruction"?

I've just been pondering this for several days, Praise God, and I've asked a LOT of people, a lot of the men at my church, and you all here, and every single person said "hell", or "lost".

The secular world I came from is the investment world, the trading markets, and there was a truth within this world and it was this, if everybody thought a certain thing, like crude oil was going lower, it was almost certain to go higher.

Now, I'm not saying this is the case here, but I do know this, I do not serve an "eeeny meeny mo" god.

I serve a God who will forgive you between verse four and five, no matter what you've done. Thats Grace and thats the Living Water that Jesus bore to a dark and dying world.

So God reinstated me that Sunday morning, and He reinstated me this morning, and God willing, He'll
reinstate me tommorrow, coz He is God, and thankfully we are not!

2005/2/1 12:46
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Every single response, withOUT a doubt

Quote:
"I have sinned, he said, for I have betrayed innocent blood." and I wrote in the margin "he confessed his sin"

There was confession, but was there true repentance? Who did Judas confess to? it was to men, not God. Did he bring a sacrifice to the temple for his sin? Remember Pharoah? he made the same confession (see Exodus 9:27), but his heart was hard just like Judas'.

If Judas had confessed and forsaken his sin to God, why did he go on to commit more sin by taking his own life?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/2/1 13:16Profile

Re: I dont know

but I do know this;

that I serve a God who will forgive (you, us, him, they) between verse 4 and verse 5, (specifically Mt 27:4 and 5)

Jesus is the One who told all of those assembled who may cast the first stone, who were all SO READY to condemn and kill the adulterous woman, what was our Lord writing on the ground?

don't know.

when Paul was taken up to Paradise, what inexpresible things did he hear?

don't know.

would our Lord forgive Judas if he asked?

that I do know.

2005/2/1 13:31
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
that I serve a God who will forgive (you, us, him, they) between verse 4 and verse 5, (specifically Mt 27:4 and 5)

Sometimes it doesn't even take two verses!

And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
(2Sa 12:13 KJV)

2005/2/1 14:18Profile
Spitfire

Re: Every single response, withOUT a doubt

Neil. Excellent argument. You've got me thinking. I'll try not to hurt myself. Love, Dian.

2005/2/1 15:28Profile

Re:

'I do not serve an "eeeny meeny mo" god.

I serve a God who will forgive you between verse four and five, no matter what you've done. Thats Grace and thats the Living Water that Jesus bore to a dark and dying world.'

I agree with that. I guess the difference is the attitude of heart and only God knows that about a person so I still come to the conclusion that God would have known Judas' heart and judged accordingly and I believe that God would never let anyone go to hell that was truly repentant.

2005/2/1 18:08
Ethan

Dubai

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes it doesn't even take two verses!

And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
(2Sa 12:13 KJV)

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 2 Corinthians 7:10

Bible is always clear. We are the one who are confused. We try to become more spiritual than what Bible called us to be. Here i want to mention some. In the case of Job friends, they are not talking against God. they are talking for God. But God warned them in the end. I hope brothers understand what i am trying to tell.

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. Mathew 26:24

What more proof we need that Judas is condemned from the above scripture.

We are putting God's word to test. Like paul said examine yourself whether you are in faith. test yourself not God.

Ron expounded very clearly. What more proof we needed?

God may bless and have mercy on our souls.

2005/2/1 23:17Profile
dohzman

Re: question

If I rember, the "place" where he went is different in quality (probably a poor choice of words) then even hell or hades for thoughs who reject Jesus as messiah. Is that accurate???

2005/2/1 23:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Trying to read between the lines here, will squeeze this in one more time...

What might our reaction be to seeing a Saddam or a Stalin or a Hitler truly repent...

Would it bring indignation ala Jonah?
Or tears of wonder at such forgiveness that God through our Lord, offers to ALL?

Neils original question asked;
"[i]Where do you think he went?[/i]"

Ultimately there is what the scriptures say and what we may think, or what we may think the scriptures say...which is, now that I think of it, the whole vast problem with us anyway...

I am following you here Neil and by your response's was more inclined to offer back up the 'what if' scenario.

Here's another to chew on.
Would we be surprised if we were greeted by Judas in Heaven?

2005/2/1 23:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy