SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A message re: the chip & a search engine that hides you.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, why does it matter that Google knows what we're searching for?

In a word, Money!

The other day I was searching for a small dishwasher online. After doing several searches hither and yon I went to SI, low and behold at the top of the page an advertisement on dishwashers. I was tracked and my IP was flooded with items that I might be interested in so they can make more money. Just clicking on the ad makes them money and the site hosting it. Also, information collected is another huge investment. Certain information collected is sold to third party interest groups. That is why they try to squeeze as much information out of us as possible. They do this by working in conjunction with other online companies. One site will ask you one or two personal identifiable information, another will ask another set of questions and so on, the data is collected and your location and at the end of the day, they will know more about us than we know about ourselves. They will know our Mother's maiden name, our dogs name, what city we were born in, what school we went to and so on.

2012/4/6 8:45

Re:

The speaker on the link earlier posted said Google knows more about us then the NSA, FBI, CIA, and IRS put together. Proably exagerating. But you get the picture.

2012/4/6 9:48
dspks

Dakotas

Re: A message re: the chip & a search engine that hides you.

I've heard of Someone who is constantly scanning our hearts AND motives!! Now THAT should cause some fear!!!

Psalms 44:21 "Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart."

2012/4/6 10:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy