SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Smoking in the Ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Sorry...been following this since it's inception and thought I would throw in my piece.

I had smoked for 13-14 years. I knew it wasn't pleasing to the Lord. One day I felt like the Lord turned to me, said, "You stay right here. If you want to continue to walk with me and grow in your relationship and knowing Me, then let me know when you quit. But until then you're not growing a bit. You won't move from this place. But I'm going on."

That freaked me out and it made such an impact on me that I tend to look at that place as a beginning point (one of many) for the rest of where the Lord was taking me then and what He was preparing me for today.

It's been 9 years almost. Praise the Lord.

Blessings

2005/2/2 3:41Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
I had smoked for 13-14 years. I knew it wasn't pleasing to the Lord. One day I felt like the Lord turned to me, said, "You stay right here. If you want to continue to walk with me and grow in your relationship and knowing Me, then let me know when you quit. But until then you're not growing a bit. You won't move from this place. But I'm going on."

Josh, I'm so glad you said this. This is what I have said on many occasions. People are thinking it's not a big deal. It is so huge to God. I think smoking has become one of satan's most successful 'pulling of the wool over the eyes of people'. It will absolutely stop you from entering into the stable of God. I don't know how else to put it.

My husband, who isn't a believer, just quit smoking about 5 months ago. I have spent hours upon hours in prayer for him. Someday I'm going to testify of how God taught me to pray. Anyway, I can actually 'see' with my own two eyes that he has broken loose from a tether in the spirit.

I'm telling you all, it's a tether. It must be broken in order to move very far at all.

Mike, I totally believe that you will be like a rock thrown from God's slingshot when you break free, Brother. You may not even have to build houses for a living anymore. Don't forget us when you become a bigshot, ok?

Thanks Josh. I feel the same way about my own life since I quit smoking. Love, Dian.

2005/2/2 4:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy