Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Mike and Greg meet finally :P

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Mike and Greg meet finally :P

This was a long overdue gathering, I was blessed last night to pickup up mike (crssck) and drive him down to joshs house to fellowship and stay the night. He was doing work about 1 hour away from escondido so the Lord definetly worked out our meeting together. He came with me and josh to the "church in the park" where brother josh preaches to homeless people in a park on saturday mornings for the last year. Also a brother was baptized in the park (the first person under the park ministry). It was a special time and I am very blessed to have these precious experiences.

Meeting mike was something that I have been looking forward to for a long time :-P curly and mo meet finally! We had alot to talk about and share and just to see him in the flesh was a blessing. Mike has been involved with SermonIndex for a LONG time almost since its inception and has personally been an encouragement to me throughout these 2 years. The Lord has used mike to pray for me and be a part of this ministry that I consider very vital and would not even be sure if the site would be running if it wasn't for the Lord using him!

I got some pictures of me, mike and josh and also some pictures of the church in the park and the baptism.. enjoy:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1216.jpg[/img]

2005/1/29 19:15Profile
moreofHim

Re: Mike and Greg meet finally :P

Oh, man, this is not fair :-o all I did was get to talk to you for one second on the phone and now you guys all get to see each other.

seriously, now....It is so great to see at least 3 of the SI guys all together. How often does that kind of thing happen?! God is good!

Wow, this is real guys, not just an internet thing. Isn't it amazing?

In Him, Chanin

2005/1/29 21:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:

So real! surreal!

O my, it may be many days before this all reaches my mind, right now I am blessedly exhausted, don't think neither Josh nor myself got much more than 4 hours of sleep, except for Greg... ;-) But he needs that extra energy I think to keep that frame up to speed when the kids want him to be Goliath for them....

So much....
It was all I could do on the flight back to just praise God and pray. Meeting up with Greg "in person" was as natural as walking down the street and knocking on his door, we met a long time ago. Chanin, [i]it is[/i] amazing. Truly.

And Josh.... O... '[i]the head shaking'[/i] in amazement at what the Lord is doing, the bear hugs, the atmosphere.
And your family brother.
And the church in the park
And Frank...O man
And...

So much more.

I didn't think it was possible to love God more.

From some thoughts I jotted down coming back;

[i]I have seen things without eyesight
Heard things without a sound
Felt things past my sense's
"I delight to do thy will, O, my God"[/i]

2005/1/30 1:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Great pictures, even better than the san diego pigeons! :-P Straight onto my screen saver. It is really good to 'see' you. What a joy to 'see' just some our 'web-servers' together.

2005/1/30 3:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Chanin, I totally agree! there is something very special God is allowing to happen at SermonIndex and its not just a "web" thing. To meet Mike was amazing and me and josh were talking about it after I drove Mike back.. words barely could describe the blessing it was. I know the Lord has alot of plans for all of us and I am excited to see how things unfold.

An SI Conference is becoming more and more of an reality in my mind and spirit.

Quote:
Josh nor myself got much more than 4 hours of sleep, except for Greg...

hehe I need my beauty sleep, I am sure it reflects in the photos.. :-P

Quote:
I didn't think it was possible to love God more.

Mike I love you dear brother and I am loving God more for the amazing way that He makes us all ONE family in Christ! what a precious thing it is. :-)

2005/1/30 11:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

For want of...

Quote:
hehe I need my beauty sleep, I am sure it reflects in the photos.

You?
Goodness, talk about 'rummy'.... yikes! Wish I could have gone through those first... :-P
Quote:
An SI Conference is becoming more and more of an reality in my mind and spirit.

"O" ....

Greg, what an incredible time brother. The Lord knows the love I have for you my friend;

[i]And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.[/i] 1Sa 18:1

And Josh, brother! Truly the eyes are the window of the soul.

P.S. Thanks Ron

A little installment to follow...

2005/1/30 13:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: For want of... continued

That I may partake in yet some more foolishness...

Just compelled to share these disconnected thoughts, written on scraps of paper, anything that was handy and collesed into and out of reflections this morning.

Flying in to L.A., more precisely Orange County on Friday morning, still very much moved and overawed by the almost sheer audicty it seems to be cutting through the sky in this machine, thousands of feet above the ground.
Is this lawful?

A sense of trepidation and the unmistakable reliance on the fact that, but not for the grace of God do we rise and land in saftey. Thankful. Prayerful.

Am bemused by wonder, again.
Wonder that, or if, anyone else takes notice at the incredible panorama that lies bellow. God's land. God's dirt, formed and shaped with such majesty, the beauty and sementry, the fabric of water and greenery as if it was painted out unto the canvas in such stark and brilliant hues. And the clouds. First below them, then through them and finaly, above them came forth this guttural utterance;

[i]It's always blue sky over the cloud cover[/i]

And the spiritual significance of our lives, to that.
And I wondered if anyone cared at all. What might be going through the minds of those present. Preoccupied with their lives, their present destination, but what of the future? The pains and burdens that we carry, even us who have checked our bagage, still have some carry on we could do without. Can't fault them, no, we were all once 'them' too, caught up in all the machinery and manuevering of this world. And it's not a we/they construct anyway, the difference is as sutble as it is a lightyears profundity away;

[i][b]but we see Jesus[/b][/i] Heb 2:9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the flight back, flooded with and carrying with me the spirtual atmosphere that was present in Josh's house and here I must pause to say a few things.

I dont want to emberras the brother and with restraint let me just state that my dear people, you who come here and share your hearts and lives and what the Lord is doing through you... This is real folks. Did I expect it to be otherwise? No, of course not. Actually didnt have any expectations anyway. The ease and naturalness and that incredible "knowing" that just passes right through us, [i]beyond our understanding[/i]...

And yet ... Blown away would hardly describe it. Spirtualy. Without a word I have been challegend just by the example of my brothers. Let me just say, the Lord truly dwells richly in you both and what Josh is doing...
[i]poured out[/i] for the Lord.

Will emberass Greg more a little later...

Trying to temper everything that had gone on, even with the lies trying to steal the joy, that 'you are overdoing it', 'emotionalism', blah, blah, blah. Nonsense. O for want of a spirtual vocabulary! Pray for me, please. Could not stop praising God for you all, for the privelage of being amongst likehearted brethren... [i]" I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;[/i] Phi 1:3-5

And the wonder had me asking; "God, what [b]is[/b] it that you are doing?" as I gazed out over the city of lights below.

"Reconcilling the world unto Myself"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some spiritual high? Ah, well, yes and no... not quite. Not naive enough nor does the pain of sorrows every truly subside,

[i]Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.[/i] 2Co 4:10-12

Too many lost, too many broken, backslidden, poor, naked, empty, homeless

Without Jesus

2005/1/30 13:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Uhoh... Greg is officially starting a Sermon Index cult now :)

2005/1/30 14:14Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Cult rites

Will we have to shave our hair and grow a beard? What will the ladies have to do? Maybe they will have to wear a covering. :-D

2005/1/30 14:30Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Nice pictures brother Greg. Nice to see your mug up close Mike. :) Praise God.

2005/1/30 20:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy