SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where is the Bread ? What do I do with it ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Elibeth

Where is the Bread ? What do I do with it ?

While I was praying, ...(testimony)..I was wondering to the Lord,...what / how I could go about doing His will or what He wanted me to do in this time,here that He gives me. ..?

And He reminded me of how the Father, gave Bread to Him,and He gave it out,..that is what He wants us to do....to recieve it from Him and give to others,..this Bread that comes down from Heaven.

I was reminded of the first church,..how they went from house to house
breaking Bread. The Lord was giving them Bread.( teaching them His Way)...and the love for Him and His Word.

Sometimes, the Lord gives us some Bread ( His Word, which is His Will in my life) for me. I have a choice, I can keep His Word,(obey) or I can
throw it to the ground, and eat my own made bread..(my word,my will,what I think to do)..I might say,..I don't want Your Bread,(Word that You have for me,..it will cause me to die to my desire/will,..and that hurts,..so I can choose LIFE / DEATH

* My sheep hear my Voice, and they follow Me,..
* For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons/ children
of God.

Just some serious thoughts,

elizabeth

2012/3/14 22:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Where is the Bread ? What do I do with it ?

Yes, even to our salvation and the life we now live in Him.

John 6:53-58 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Not as manna to the flesh but to life eternal in Him. This is our only food unto life eternal, His blood and His flesh, the only bread of life, giving nourishment to our soul that now lives forever by His Spirit, His life and the Holy Spirit life in our soul, by the Spirit of Christ which is now birthed in our spirit, unto eternal life, and the Holy Spirit Teacher sent by His Father in our soul with eternal life revelation and a New Father by our new birth.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/15 13:15Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Philup,

I saw your comment and appreciate you.

Thank you.

elizabeth

2012/3/15 16:21Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Bread from above

I heard Bob Mumford bring something about bread. It was at a conference on the Holy Spirit put on by Charismatic Lutherans back in the 70's, in the days when they welcomed speakers from different paths of faith.

He was talking about the passage (Matt7:9) where Jesus says,

"Or what man is there among you, when his son asks for bread will give him a stone?

Mumford paused and his piercing gaze connected with the audience. He was speaking of the "bread" that the Heavenly Father gives to us.

"Because sometimes resembling a stone, it is HARD, COLD, and HEAVY! but it is still bread!"

I cannot forget the electricity of that moment maybe 35 years ago!

God has been good to me, and way easier on me than what I deserve. He has fed me well...and I am privileged to report that some of the bread He gave me was as Mumford described. There may be more like that, but I'm beginning to recognize that hard cold bread works sweet soft and warm work within me.

Whew. Didn't know where this was going to go when I started typing...

Hey- if it's from God, it's bread. No matter what it looks like!

2012/3/18 0:29Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Sidewalk,

Thank you.
Yes, the bread, is a Rock,...It is solid,..it is the Word of the Lord,..
whether to comfort,...,guide,...instruct,..growth,..learning of Him.And many times it calls for our flesh to die,..and like you said,..'the hard cold Bread
works warm sweet soft and warm work within me.'

How very blessed and thankful we are for this most NEEDED Bread.

Blessings as we pro-take of this Bread together,

elizabeth,

2012/3/18 21:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy