SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  How do you get out of the trap of besetting sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

How do you get out of the trap of besetting sin?

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2012
OUR HELP IS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011]

How do you get out of the trap of besetting sin? To whom do you cry out, "I want my freedom back"?

Picture yourself as a bird in the fowler's trap. Stand still. Don't flap your wings; don't struggle. There is a secret of deliverance for you, and it is not complicated:

"Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 124:8).

What a wonderful promise! Your escape to freedom is in the name of Jesus, in His incredible, glorious, all-powerful name.
All you have to know is that He is on your side. He is not mad at you for falling into the trap. He is not against you. No, never! He hears your cry because not even a sparrow falls to the ground without His knowing about it!

Here is what the bird of freedom sings to himself: "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. . . . Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him" (Psalm 91:2-3, 14-15).

Rest assured, beloved, that God will deliver you. No matter what your failure, your hardship, your trap, He is on your side. Just stand still and see His salvation. Even if you are weak, you can cry out to Him because He promises to come and tear the net away!

He has come to bring you out of your despair, to break the snare that binds you and set you free. “Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers” (Psalm 124:7, NKJV).

2012/3/14 10:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy