SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Does Theology Matter? Most Christians Today Say No...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

hi frank ,,,can you be frank for me so to speak ,and tell me if you are saying rc sproul ,is not a bornagain christan

have you read his testamony of his conversion,,,or are you judging him by your own theology ,which ,correct me if im wroung arimian pentacostal theoligy

just wondering

and are you saying that according to your theoligy all cavinists that dont believe in miraculas gifts are still dead in there sins

it seems you are pushing to imply that ,,just wonering ,if it is so ,,,,,,,,,thank bro

2012/3/15 1:12Profile
brothagary

Re:

i thought i would post rc sprouls view on the new birth

tho it is different for weaslian arminianism ,,it has the aroma of life conected to it ,,

and weasly him self saw the truth in his brothers whitfield theoligy which is the same as rc sproul

so weasly said we should keep close to this doctrine

and i will say weasly is much wiser then all of us here ,,

and he saved more souls then all of us put together on this thred

In the Augustinian and Reformation view, regeneration is seen first of all as a supernatural work of God. Regeneration is the divine work of God the Holy Spirit upon the minds and souls of fallen people, by which the Spirit quickens those who are spiritually dead and makes them spiritually alive. This supernatural work rescues that person from his bondage to sin and his moral inability to incline himself towards the things of God. Regeneration, by being a supernatural work, is obviously a work that cannot be accomplished by natural man on his own. If it were a natural work, it would not require the intervention of God the Holy Spirit.

Secondly, regeneration is a monergistic work. “Monergistic” means that it is the work of one person who exercises his power. In the case of regeneration, it is God alone who is able, and it is God alone who performs the work of regenerating the human soul. The work of regeneration is not a joint venture between the fallen person and the divine Spirit; it is solely the work of God.

Thirdly, the monergistic work of regeneration by the Holy Spirit is an immediate work. It is immediate with respect to time, and it is immediate with respect to the principle of operating without intervening means. The Holy Spirit does not use something apart from His own power to bring a person from spiritual death to spiritual life, and when that work is accomplished, it is accomplished instantaneously. No one is partly regenerate, or almost regenerate. Here we have a classic either/or situation. A person is either born again, or he is not born again. There is no nine-month gestation period with respect to this birth. When the Spirit changes the disposition of the human soul, He does it instantly. A person may not be aware of this internal work accomplished by God for some time after it has actually occurred. But though our awareness of it may be gradual, the action of it is instantaneous.

Fourthly, the work of regeneration is effectual. That is, when the Holy Spirit regenerates a human soul, the purpose of that regeneration is to bring that person to saving faith in Jesus Christ. That purpose is effected and accomplished as God purposes in the intervention. Regeneration is more than giving a person the possibility of having faith, it gives him the certainty of possessing that saving faith.

The result of our regeneration is first of all faith, which then results in justification and adoption into the family of God. Nobody is born into this world a child of the family of God. We are born as children of wrath. The only way we enter into the family of God is by adoption, and that adoption occurs when we are united to God’s only begotten Son by faith. When by faith we are united with Christ, we are then adopted into that family of whom Christ is the firstborn. Regeneration therefore involves a new genesis, a new beginning, a new birth. It is that birth by which we enter into the family of God by adoption.

Finally, it’s important to see that regeneration is a gift that God disposes sovereignly to all of those whom He determines to bring into His family

2012/3/15 1:27Profile
brothagary

Re:

you know having lisened to many of tozers sermon ,,iv herd him speak verry highly of the old reformers having the life of god,, presbterians ,,and even many of the old saints ,,even ravenhill ,speaks in a posative way ,of whitfield ,and brainhard ,and edwards ,,all cesainists

i believe incorrect theoligy can blind a person ,to the grace that these men obtained

2012/3/15 3:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
Steve, you never saw fit to testify what Scriptures i posted say to your heart. It's okay if you'd rather not....ABSOLUTELY okay

Seriously? Ugh... walk a mile in my shoes yesterday afternoon and you would understand why I did not have the the time to respond. I also work in the eveing.

You asked me to do an expository on an entire chapter... so when I have time I will respond.

Quote:
anyway, you showed me no honor by ignoring my entreaty

I would have done you no honor by giving you a fast and loose answer. I didnt ignore you. If it had been a couple days and I didnt respond, then THAT would be ignoring you. Not a couple of hours.

Krispy

2012/3/15 5:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Approved you do make a good point - the definition of words has mutated or evolved over the years, meaning something different then originally intended.

However, the word "theology" simply means "study of God": Theos - God; ology- study of. Having said this I find no one complaining about the words biology, physiology, etc...Perhaps there is a spiritual force at work working to scare people away from God? These distractors are not being consistent, are they?

2012/3/15 8:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
However, the word "theology" simply means "study of God": Theos - God; ology- study of. Having said this I find no one complaining about the words biology, physiology, etc...Perhaps there is a spiritual force at work working to scare people away from God? These distractors are not being consistent, are they?

Leave it to a Mississippian to understand what I have been saying all along... and articulate it so well, and so simply.

Thank you, Ginny...

Krispy

2012/3/15 9:23

Re:

I think brother the reason why tongues and other issues like that come up is because you've put yourself out there to be stoned so to speak, your an easy target. If I blurted out some of the things that I believed on this forum, I guarantee I will be stoned, drawn and quartered and then thrown to the lions. We dig at people to try to understand why they believe what they believe and the audacity to declare it, hence, forum dialogue.

It's like the woman who said to Elijah after he told her that she was going to have a baby and here she is an old woman, shocked and disbelief, "Don't lie to me man of God".

It's shocking to hear somethings even from a man of God such as yourself to speak of things like that, so your going to get some backlash.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Probably a more fitting word for 'condemned' is judged because later on it's says that we are going to be judged by every idle word that is spoken.

2012/3/15 9:36

Re:

Quote:
However, the word "theology" simply means "study of God"

Oh I know what the word means Sis. For example, when I see the word 'theology' , personally, all I see is non Holy Spirit filled literature, dull and boring reading that will fill my brain with nonsensical, philosophical ideas. To me, it's like reading the 'begets' in Numbers. The very word 'theology' is a turn off. But to study the word of God, hey lets do it!

2012/3/15 9:49

Re:

HI Gary,

I have never heard RCs testimony so I cannot comment. Perhaps you would like to post his testimony, I always love to read testimonies. What you posted was someone's attempt to explain what regeneration is. I guarantee you that you will rarely hear any Christian stand, as they give glory to God for the day that He came into their lives and say " He did a monergistic work in my life through the Holy Spirit." And I also guarnatee you that Wesley or Whitfield or Finney did not go around the country with the rallying cry " you need a monergistic work of the Holy Spirit in your life."

I wholeheartedly reject the theology of anyone who comes to the conclusion that God is not a miracle working God, now, in the past and in the future. I reject the theology of anyone who says that God does not speak to His people through tongues, through words of knowledge or the small still voice. I could care less the reputation or the theology of a man, if these are his conlclusions, then that man is ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the Truth. An intimate, life changing, passionate knowledge of Jesus Christ the person who is the Truth. There is the language of the scribe, then there is the language of somenone who has seen the king of glory.
Gary, I would put it to you that the words that you presented here by Mr Sproul are the words of a scribe. ........bro Frank

Hearts that are “fit to break” with love for the Godhead
are those who have been in the Presence and have looked with opened eye upon the majesty of Deity. Men of the breaking hearts had a quality about them not known to or understood by common men. They habitually spoke with spiritual authority. They had been in the Presence of God and they reported what they saw there. They were prophets, not scribes: for the scribe tells us what he has read, and the prophet tells us what he has seen.

The distinction is not an imaginary one. Between the scribe
who has read and the prophet who has seen, there is a difference as wide as the sea. We are today overrun with
orthodox scribes; but the prophets, where are they? The hard voice of the scribe sounds over evangelicalism, but the Church waits for the tender voice of the saint who has penetrated the veil and has gazed with inward eye upon the Wonder that is God.
… A. W. Tozer (1897-1963), The Pursuit of God [1948],
Christian Publications, 1982, p. 40

2012/3/15 11:32
Joyful_Heart

Re:

(I wholeheartedly reject the theology of anyone who comes to the conclusion that God is not a miracle working God, now, in the past and in the future. I reject the theology of anyone who says that God does not speak to His people through tongues, through words of knowledge or the small still voice. I could care less the reputation or the theology of a man, if these are his conlclusions, then that man is ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the Truth. An intimate, life changing, passionate knowledge of Jesus Christ the person who is the Truth. There is the language of the scribe, then there is the language of somenone who has seen the king of glory.) from Brother Frank.

AMEN AND AMEN!

2012/3/15 11:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy