SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Getting discourged

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Just adding to some other great posts!

1 Samuel 30:3-8 (KJV)
3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.
4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.
7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.
8 And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.

Praying for you brother to recover all and God being for you then the devil can’t be successful against you. Even doubly bless him Lord …rbanks

2012/3/9 12:55Profile

Re:

Thanks everyone... feeling encouraged by your words. Sometimes our eyes slip off of the Lord and start looking at circumstances, and thats probably where I am at right now. Wish I could just smile and be full of faith all the time, but thats not always the case, ya know.

Love you all...

Krispy

2012/3/9 13:04
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I will be praying for you, brother! Let me know if you need any help with your resume or cover letters.

Also, it might be helpful to register on network sites like LinkedIn and submit your resumes on certain job finding websites (like CareerBuilder, Monster.com, etc...) as well as look at employment listings on Craigslist. You will be surprised at how many companies solicit potential employees from websites like these.

Also, if you have a degree from an accredited university, you might find that school districts are looking for teachers. If there is a need, they may hire people without certification for a period (a year or two) until the individual can obtain the appropriate certification while on the job.

My brother-in-law's educational background is in Architecture and Business Administration, but decided to teach high school math when the economy took a turn in late 2008. The schools needed teachers...and he had the degree. While it might not be a "career" move that you are actually interested in, it might help put the bread on the table while you consider employment elsewhere.

Either way, I will be remembering you in my prayers.

2012/3/9 13:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/3/9 7:04:48

Thanks everyone... feeling encouraged by your words. Sometimes our eyes slip off of the Lord and start looking at circumstances, and thats probably where I am at right now. Wish I could just smile and be full of faith all the time, but thats not always the case, ya know.

Love you all...

Krispy

It is very difficult to always be full of faith and I think what you said is the greatest hurdle and that is taking our eyes off of Jesus and putting them on to the situation. I know that has always been my struggle. I feel for you, I know as the head of your family you are feeling a heavy burden to provide for your family but remember and hold really tight to Jesus and His truths that HE does love you beyond all else. I don't have any great words of wisdom to offer, or advice on what your next move should be but I will continue in prayer for you, your family, and your health.

God bless
mj

2012/3/9 13:26Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Krispy,

Don't know if you remember talking with me about the pile of books you have on your bedside table. I hope you are taking advantage of them right now. Especially, concentrate on the 23rd Psalm. The Lord is my shepherd, I SHALL NOT WANT.

This Lord/Shepherd/Jesus lives 'within you.' He has made provision for everything that will occur in your life. You have no reason for fear or apprehension. You are allowing the worldly things to take your eyes off of Him. Read Paul's Epistles, he has the words, paraphrasing "when I am weak, then is He strong.' God likes to wait until you are without worldly hope, then His strength is glorified, because you have no other reason for the help that comes. It is not your strength, or even the kindness of others. Often those doing the kindness have none in them, don't ya know?

I completely understand how stressful your situation is but it need not be so. I have a sticker on my wall that says, "Faith isn't faith unless you have nothing left to hold on to." You have the faith, I know you do. You are, as you say, worn down. I will pray extra for you & your family. I am confident Jesus is there for you.

Remember whatever happens it is for His glory.

It would be great if the one's employing you now would buck the system but that is not necessary - God controls it all.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2012/3/9 13:38Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

If you don't have a paypal account, get one and post it so people have the opportunity to do some more things for you.

The Lord has helped us all out so don't be adverse to receiving anything from Him.

Praying for you bro,
Pilgrim

2012/3/9 21:57Profile
mama27

Re:

I have prayed, Krispy, and will continue...sorry I didn't post to say so....

2012/3/10 13:31Profile
roadsign

Re:

Am praying, brother.

Diane

2012/3/10 14:07Profile
passerby

Re:

May the Lord bless you and your family. Things are tougher for more people today and finding a long lasting job can be tough one to pursue.

Though we stand by Matt 6:33, if the situation get worse, feel free to drop a note, what pilgrim777 said about paypal may help.

2012/3/10 22:46Profile

Re:

What is your Trade Steve?

2012/3/11 10:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy