SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Getting discourged

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Getting discourged

I could use some prayer. I'm getting really discouraged about my job situation. As most of you know due to the economy my work dried up and I found myself unemployed. Very quickly I got a job completely outside my profession for a lot less money, no benefits (not even a paid holiday) as a "temp". Originally it was a 2 month stint, but they like my work and it keeps getting extended. I'm now there until June, but will be forced out because the company policy is that they will not keep any temps beyond one year. So in June I will be out in the street again.

The managers I work for keep telling me they would love to hire me... but Human Resources says they cant because according to some pencil pushing geek somewhere I dont meet the qualifications... even tho I am doing even more than most the people there... AND they have me train people.

I have been looking for another job the whole time, but with so many people applying for each job that comes up... I cant even get an interview. I've done everything I know to do.

Our family has no insurance now for the first time ever. As most of you know I had a heart attack a yr and a half ago, and I am a diabetic. I'm actually in the best shape of my life (the heart attack woke me up!) but I cant afford to go to the doctor, which is not a good thing. I've had to cancel 3 appointments so far with my endocrinologist (diabetes doctor) because we dont have the money.

Yesterday I got shot down for another job.

Any pride or ego I may have had before is long gone at this point. I feel like Tom Joad in The Grapes Of Wrath.

So needless to say... I am very discouraged and disheartened (and cant wait for the next Presidential election!). I could use everyone's prayers.

Krispy

PS: Forgive me for whining.

2012/3/9 7:20
wijnand

Re: Getting discourged

I will pray for you!

I have got friends who 'live by faith' what means they don't have any means of support except prayer (they don't make there needs known). They pray and God gives money! I have heard a lot of stories from them about this and also read a book of George Muller who did the same.

I am not saying that this is a method you must try or that you're not spiritual or something, but the Lord can provide for you in all things! So I will keep praying that He will provide for you! A lot of time God just provide in the last second (I have seen it happen in my life), so look to Jezus, the one who can provide!

Brotherly greetings,
Wijnand

2012/3/9 7:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

To be honest, I don't know what to say. Only, forget the hype of a presidential election, and focus on the Lord Jesus Christ.

A lot of times in our lives, we stand at our 'Red Sea' and God opens it for us.

Our faithfulness to God and His word, which will never pass away, should be our focus in difficult times, and not so difficult times.

The job's around the corner.

God bless.

2012/3/9 7:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
they don't make there needs known

I'm not really so much making our financial needs known... God has provided, to be sure. And I know He will continue to.

I'm just letting folks know that I need prayer for strength more than anything else.

I feel pretty beat down right now. Thus my reference to Tom Joad.

Those who know a little bit about me know I am generally a very upbeat kinda guy. I'm wore out. Tired.

Krispy

PS "Only, forget the hype of a presidential election"... I understand, but I will get a lot of satisfaction watching that man leave office. His policies directly effected my profession.

2012/3/9 8:36
MaryJane

I will be praying for you and your family. I know all to well how expensive it can be to see the doctor without insurance. Keep your eyes on the Lord, He knows your needs and He will never fail you. Remember that He loves you and cares for you and will never abandon you no matter what happens in this life, you are HIS and that means everything!

God bless
mj

2012/3/9 8:36Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Thanks for making your needs of encouragement known. I will be praying for you and your family as the Spirit leads. I really don't need to tell you God will provide because I believe you already know this, keep your stick on the ice, I'm rooting for you. (sorry for the RedGreen quote just seemed fitting) :)

2012/3/9 8:44Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Hi KK

Praying for you.

Thank you for allowing us to help you carry your burden.

I can relate, more than you know. I am very much in the same situation, but can testify that every time I placed my trust in Him completely, He never failed me.

My biggest mistake in these situations have been to look to man for help. I also had to ask the local church for help, and their Love and support both humbled and empowered me.

With Love.

Joch

2012/3/9 9:15Profile

My friend. Keep knocking.

Firstly June is 3 months away, and sometimes the door must be closed before the other door is opened. God's idea is to be grateful for what you have, and don't complain about what you do not have. It seems you are worrying a little.

Are you doing that? Also, you have been involved with a fellowship for a while; Is that right? It seems that people who know you, and love you would be the people you could trust in, and open your heart to.

All of America will be humbled, and is. Are you willing to adapt a more simple lifestyle? You may have to. Of the millions affected, not many have faith....but you do. The scripture I like is; "The Lord has NEVER forsaken any who seek after Him!"....and..."With food and rainment [covering ] BE CONTENT!

The American Dream is over, never to rise again. His kingdom endures forever.

I was on insulin for many years, and my numbers just got worse and worse. My pancreas was dying the more I became insulin dependent.

In September I just quit it, and went natural with pills. Now my numbers run 50% less than they did ON insulin, and I'm working on normal.

I know you are concerned for your wife and children and have always provided. I admire that, and will stand by you as God's provision falls upon you. Don't stop knocking.

Below, is what the Lord has shown me to come upon America. I prophesied this in 2003, and sent it to leaders, and spoke it to many then. In the midst of this, we are about to enter in to greater glory than we can imagine. His church, the body, WILL be provided for, just as always.

http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/guest-author-the-end-of-the-american-dream/

2012/3/9 11:34
robertsj

Re:

I'm in the same situation. I came out of IT and can't even
get a job as a janitor! I'm having to move things into
storage and will problably be sleeping in the car soon.
I am continuing to believe that GOD IS GOOD even though my
flesh would like to say otherwise. May God though His Son,
grant us grace and peace in our hearts. (Boy, my flesh
does not want to say that, but its true!). Let's seek Him togther and ask for grace.

I too will pray for you Krispy!

~jr

2012/3/9 11:48Profile

Re:

i just wanted to encourage ya'll that God is faithful! my husband was unemployed for 5 months and we were fed by the ravens as it were, and supported in a myriad of mysteries. His ways are not our ways. God said for my husband to seek the Kingdom of God FIRST during this time. he kept wrestling to look for work, etc. and all doors closed. then he entered into God's rest, settled down, and sought the Kingdom. Then God started opening doors, and he's been humbled by his current work, all things for God's glory so that we don't glory in ourselves.

keep pressing in, God is faithful and a rewarder to those who diligently seek Him. bless each of you. i'll be praying.

2012/3/9 12:44

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy