SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Salvation

As some might know i have been questioning my salvation for some time now, almost 3 years now, but today while reading the book of Ephesians i feel as if the Lord assured me of my salvation, I believe i am saved. I was reading this and i remember back when i first believed on Jesus back 8 years ago and i just felt as if the Lord was saying i was sealed. "13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Now i dont want to be wrong or anything, but i mean i lived in sin for sometime years ago while professing to be saved, and i was convicted all the time and in bondage and it just made me think how could i be saved and live like that and be forgiven for all i did. I really had a hard time forgiving myself, and i have spent the last 3 years speaking negativity about myself and how i wasnt saved, and all i have done is make thing worse. I wonder if that negativve confession and hurt me during these past years and my trials worse. But, i really believe the Lord has confirmed i am saved, but i am still will always examine myself as we should and make sure i perservere. Well God will make sure of that. I believe i grieved the Holy Spirit if anything now. I am not posting anything to start anymore conversation about my struggles, i just wanted to tell you of what might have been a revelation of my soul today. Praise God. Thank you for all your prayers.

2012/3/6 21:11
rbanks

Re: Salvation

Praise God for this bible4life after 1203 posts now go and be negative no more, only believe!

2012/3/6 21:17Profile
learjet

Re: Salvation

Welcome to the family! Praise His Holy Name!!

Much love!

2012/3/6 21:28Profile
roadsign

Re:

I am blessed by your testimony, Bible4life. It seems like your eyes are turning upward to God, and you are seeing yourself through his eyes. Why not consider the following passage from 2 Pet.1 as your new challenge.

----------------
1 Pet. 1:3-11
3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
=======================

Some questions for reflection, Bible4life:

What exactly is it that God has given you that can empower you to live a godly life?

What does this passage say is the reason for failure?

What is God's job? What is your job?

May God continue to strengthen you with his great provisions.

Diane

2012/3/7 6:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy