SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Blessed Are They Who Persevere-Brian Long

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Blessed Are They Who Persevere-Brian Long

Today's sermon from Cornerstone.

http://barnsdallcornerstone.com/blog/2012/03/04/sunday-march-4-2012/

2012/3/4 18:59Profile

Re: Blessed Are They Who Persevere-Brian Long

Last weeks sermon from Brian was very deep. A message on Calvary from the Fathers perspective........ bro Frank

2012/3/5 1:22
mama27

Re:

I was very encouraged by this message from a man facing a severe trial with his son....thank you for posting...

2012/3/5 8:57Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Blessed Are They Who Persevere-Brian Long

Awesome encouraging word Brother Brian.

There is nothing to be compared to what the Lord has prepared for us who love Him. For Eternity. We are just passing through this life. He is the Author & Finisher of our faith. Amen.

Constantly in prayer. He is faithful.

All glory to God!

2012/3/5 11:09Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Hi brother Frank,
I just listened to the sermon you mentioned, " Calvary from the Father's perspective".
It is awesome brother. The sad thing is that what I see too often in churches that none is moved by what is said, none fall to their knees with agony of soul, perhaps even people come out of sermons like that talking about all kinds of earthly things from doing their home improving projects, building their barns, hunting trips, kids and grand kids, what they are cooking today, illnesses of the body and so forth...

Last night in church grandmother Ann told the children a story to bring home to their little minds the meaning of worship.

The story goes as follows ( in my own words):
A man stopped by a church service accompanied by an angel.
As he sat down and the service convened the congregation and choir began to sing the hymns but he heard nothing, then the preacher got to the pulpit to preach a message on the cross of Christ at Calvary but the man only saw the moving of the preacher's lips but no voice came out, some testimonies were given by but he heard nothing, then he heard a little child uttering the words" My father in heaven, Hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom comes" although he did not see his lips move or anything that indicated that he was praying except that he heard him loud and clear.
The man was really puzzled by that and asked the angel what it meant. The angel answered : What you heard is the only thing the Father in heaven heard.

The people may be very thankful and grateful that they were saved from the erroneous doctrine of the Muslims, Catholics, or Mormons, that they know what really really was in the cup, but how grateful they were will only show after the sermon is over.

Oh that all preaching , especially that of the cross of Christ would cease , oh that church doors would be shut and nailed, Oh that we would not approach one unsaved soul with the gospel, oh that everyone that names the name of Christ would be silent and dump for a month or a year or however long it takes with only one heart cry, to be shown the meaning of the cross and the Father’s perspective of Calvary.

Do you want to know if you really appreciate the cross of Christ? It is not by how many words you use to describe it, the hoarseness of your voice when you speak of it, how many cut and paste articles you post on it, how much you love to listen to or preach on it.
No my friend, you may do all of these things and still be all about you.

But can you impart life to those who hear you? Are you a channel for the Father’s love and grief to a lost world. Are you a branch emptied from self and self interest that the sap of Christ the vine finds no difficulty flowing through you and producing fruit for a hungry world.

I think I’ll be retiring for a while from this forum.
Stay well.

2012/3/5 12:41Profile

Re:

HI sister, you write.............

"I just listened to the sermon you mentioned, " Calvary from the Father's perspective".
It is awesome brother. The sad thing is that what I see too often in churches that none is moved by what is said, none fall to their knees with agony of soul, perhaps even people come out of sermons like that talking about all kinds of earthly things from doing their home improving projects, building their barns, hunting trips, kids and grand kids, what they are cooking today, illnesses of the body and so forth..."

Well said sister. I feel the pain in your reply. This revelation of Calvary and all its many facets is at the heart of the Gospel, not a head knowledge of it, but a revelation of it, an illumination of it, to where one weeps to know even the smallest portion of the heart of the Father, the true suffering that the Son and the Father suffewred for " the world." Its this lack of penetration, this lack of desire for the knowledge of the Holy that propels the Church into a state of unmovedness if there is such a word. A true revelation of Calvary changes the life forever for those who have ears to hear what the Spirit says and eyes to see what the Spirit shows you. A knowledge of the word alone will not do it........ bro Frank

2012/3/5 15:48

Cheerful hopeful patient endurance!

I just listened to this message from Brother Brian, UntoBabes and I'm sure you know this ... the word our Brother is stressing is ...

G5281 υπομονή hupomonē
From G5278; cheerful (or hopeful) endurance, constancy: - enduring, patience, patient continuance (waiting).

G5278 υπομένω hupomenō
From G5259 and G3306; to stay under (behind), that is, remain; figuratively to undergo, that is, bear (trials), have fortitude, persevere: - abide, endure, (take) patient (-ly), suffer, tarry behind.

G5259 υπό hupo
A primary preposition; under, that is, (with the genitive) of place (beneath), or with verbs (the agency or means, through); (with the accusative) of place (whither [underneath] or where [below]) or time (when [at]): - among, by, from, in, of, under, with. In compounds it retains the same genitive applications, especially of inferior position or condition, and specifically covertly or moderately.

G3306 μένω menō
A primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy): - abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

Meno, UntoBabes, and Thank you for posting this Terrific message!

GOD Bless the Long Family, as well.

2012/3/5 22:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy