SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Whom will you choose?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Whom will you choose?

Acts 17:6-7

These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here, and Jason has welcomed them into his house. They are all defying Caesar's decrees saying that there is another king, one called Jesus

The New Testament places upon us the obligation to obey those governing authorities that have been placed over us. Romans 13 offers us the most clear teaching on this issue. God has blessed with the gift if government to maintain public order and provide for the public good. We pay taxes for such. To provide for police, fire, defense protection, etc. Taxes are required.

If government were left to the role for which it was designed, that of providing for the common good Christans could live in relative peace. It is onky when government steps over the bounds for which it was designed then Christians get into trouble.

When government sets itself up as god and the state commands loyalty and worship the believer must resist. For the Christian to worship the state is a flat rejection of Christ. The early Christians had no issue with obeying Caesar's,laws for the common good. They did have an issue with worshipping Caesar as a god and sacrificing to him. This is an antichrist spirit. The state setting itself up as god in place of Christ.

The communist ideology demands worship and loyalty to the state. After the communist took over Romania in the late 40's they convened a Congress of the Cults. Here former pastors stood up and gave loyalty to the communist state. At the urging of his wife, Richard Wormbrandt stood up and said ones loyalty was to Jesus Christ. For such a statement he suffered much. For such a statement many suffer today. We call them the persecuted church.

The demons of antichrist fo not like to hear about another king, one called Jesus. This is what gets Christians into trouble. There will come a time when we will have to choose. Christ or Caesar. Many have made that choice in Iran, China, Eritrea, N Korea, etc. And they are laying a great price for that choice. You know they choose, not, Caesar. When the time comes, whom will you choose.

Blaine Scogin

2012/3/1 13:54
Ema

Re: Whom will you choose?

I believe that when I seek first the Kingdom of God and I look to Jesus with my soul, there are many blessings that become evident in my life. The question then becomes what can I do NOW with the blessings I have received that would honor Him who first gave them to me.

I feel that as a Christian I have failed many times with giving God all the honor, praise, and glory He deserves. Many times I have shied away from opportune times. Other times I have been too ignorant to even see an opportunity to honor God or tell others about Him. It is a very sad thing indeed. I pray that more workers will be sent out in the field, but more so I pray that the workers actually do their job. Including me! May the Holy Spirit guide us day by day.

Thus, if/when the "that time" comes I will be able to give up all that I have attained with a joyful heart; knowing that they weren't even mine to begin with (including my life). Then after that to be able to pray for the people who might or are taking them away.

2012/3/4 3:11Profile

Re: Ena

Your experience is indicative of many who walk with Christ. I have no doubt that your choice will be of him in all that you do.

With much blessing in Jesus,

Blane

2012/3/4 7:23
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Ema,

"I feel that as a Christian I have failed many times with giving God all the honor, praise, and glory He deserves. Many times I have shied away from opportune times. Other times I have been too ignorant to even see an opportunity to honor God or tell others about Him. . . ."

You are not the only one who fails in these cases. I feel such a bad student. Thank God for Jesus Christ living in me, were it not for His presence I fear to consider what level I may have sunk. It is with faith I start each day, renewed and hopeful but it is Him working in me that will do the work - His work. I am aware that I can no nothing good.

white stone

2012/3/4 10:06Profile

Re:

Something that has been burning on my heart about this is if we are ready in our hearts to truly love our enemies through this. I see christians writing hate spewed rhetoric about obama and I think "this guy really hates obama, how is he going to love his torturer and lead him to Christ in that soon coming day?"

-Jim

2012/3/4 10:20
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Jim,

Two thoughts come to mind when I read your comment, "I see christians writing hate spewed rhetoric about obama and I think "this guy really hates obama, how is he going to love his torturer and lead him to Christ in that soon coming day?""

1: To tell someone's faults is not hate in every instance. I see it as 'ringing a warning bell.' See #2 To every thing. a time and a purpose.

2: To every thing. a time and a purpose. A time to warn (see above) and a time to love.

When they come to chop off our heads, I believe my love will go to the prisoners who are with me. To help and encourage other Christian's to stand. The torturer has made his choice. At that point, I do not believe God will give the evil one's repentance. Nothing in Revelations hits of any of the evil ones repenting. But Saints need encouragement to stand firm. Who would you exert your efforts upon? God's people or God's enemies?

2012/3/4 10:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I see Obama as a lost soul, who is searching like us all.
He to me is to be loved with all the forgiveness and Grace that the Lord Jesus Christ has alloted each one of us. If I see someone trying to upbuild himself more than Christ, I must take note, pray without ceasing and seek only good for him. Love him and want the best God has for him, but always being on guard for what he is responsible for in putting brothers and sisters under condemnation and his rule of government. If anyone has heard or seen the name of Christ Jesus come from Obamas lips, please bring it to light, looking and praying for that day. I have not seen it, but I would like to hug him and hold him close and tell him of the great and high things of the Christ in Him, if he believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I have only seen him exhalt persons in high places and kings of all who are against Jesus Christ and hold him in contempt and even to the down putting of Israel Gods chosen people. We as son's of God also. Just ask a Jew how he believes Obama holds him and his nation in perspective knowledge of truth.

In love and prayer for our President,
In Christ, praying for him: Phillip

2012/3/4 11:04Profile

Re: Whitestone

Sister I think it is both. For sure we exert our efforts to encourage and comfort those who suffer for Christ. But also to pray our enemies will know Jesus. And that out of a loving heart. I have read accounts of those martyrs who even while suffering the burning of flames at the stake woukd plead that their tormentors repent and turn to Jesus.

Blaine

2012/3/4 11:24

Re:

"To tell someone's faults is not hate in every instance."

Of course not, I am not talking about that. I am talking about actual hatred towards the man! If only evangelicals hated the evil in their own midst that much... we might see revival.

God bless you in Christ -jim

2012/3/4 11:25

Re: Phillip

Brother I agree. Would that President Obama would know the One True God who loves him and would save him. For this too be my prayer.

Blaine

2012/3/4 11:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy