SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Book Released: The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Book Released: The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

Saints,

Ron Bailey has been a long-time contributer to the forums at SermonIndex since its inception. We are blessed to see some of his writings go into print and feel it is suitable and would be encouraging for some here to have access to this volume. We encourage you to take a look below...

----

About the author:
For over 40 years Ron Bailey has been engaged in pastoral care and Bible teaching in a variety of settings in the UK and in many parts of the world. This has included home groups, formal pastorates, churches, Bible schools and conferences, local radio and TV. He also hosts 'the Biblebase' - a teaching resource for Bible students to be found at www.biblebase.com

The Better Covenant
unlocking the treasures of the New Covenant
Authored by Ron Bailey
https://www.createspace.com/3554449

The final hours of Christ's pre-Calvary life focused on the themes of a new Passover, a new Kingdom and a New Covenant. This New Covenant stands in stark distinction to the Covenant enjoyed by the saints of the Old Testament. It is said to be 'new' and 'better' and 'more glorious' but for many its uniqueness has become uncertain. It is frequently described in contrast to the older Covenant; the writer to the Hebrews does this, as does Paul, as did Christ. Perhaps its determining feature can be expressed in the contrast implied in the statement; ...but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. John 14:17 NKJV
The conscious reception of the indwelling Spirit is the point of entrance into this New Covenant. This receiving of the Spirit effects the work of regeneration and fulfils the promises of the New Covenant made by Jeremiah and Ezekiel in which they see a new and different covenant in which old things would pass away and all things become new. This powerful regeneration/baptism in Spirit takes a man out of Adam and puts him into Christ thereby creating a 'new man' with new powers and instincts.
This book explores the salvation history of the Bible, examining the background to the promise of the New Covenant as introduced in the Old Testament and the fulfilment of that promise in the New Testament. It traces Paul's exciting discovery that the New Covenant contained a 'secret' which opened God's kingdom to all races and conditions of humankind. It examines the implications of this better covenant for a true understanding and practise of daily living in the New Covenant.

Publication Date:
Feb 22 2012
ISBN/EAN13:
1456567829 / 9781456567828
Page Count:
Binding Type:
US Trade Paper
Trim Size:
5.25" x 8"
Language:
English
Color:
Black and White
Related Categories:
Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth

You can order it here today: https://www.createspace.com/3554449

2012/2/29 13:34Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: New Book Released: The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

Thanks for this Greg, I really appreciate it. Some of the older SI-ers will know of my passion for the New Covenant and the book gives me time to develop some of the themes is a more leisurely manner. I do long for my brothers and sisters to know and enjoy what God has done for us. I trust the Lord will bless the book to that end.

I am well on with the second book which may interest some old-timers too. Some years ago you asked me to do a series of weekly devotionals touching on important truth and I did 60 or episodes of 'Abraham, my friend'. I have been asked many many times to get these into print and that is the next project. Thank you for being willing to do the foreword for that.

2012/2/29 14:27Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I volunteer to proofread the next book :)

2012/2/29 17:05Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I highly recommend this book. Ron Bailey has a lot of teachings and writings on the internet that are very valuable. This work brings together a lot of material into a comprehensive look at the New Covenant. So many problems we discuss every day could be remedied if we would just get back New Covenant Christianity.

2012/2/29 20:24Profile
roadsign

Re:

My book is ordered! And I can hardly wait to dig into its 306 pages. Knowing Ron Bailey, this will be a book to read slowly and carefully. And it won't be dry theology. It will make the good news of Christ come alive in real life experience.

I am one of those "old timers" here who has been blessed by Ron Bailey's contributions. I also enjoyed his Abraham series and many of his sermons and articles. It is a delight now to have my own book written by Ron Bailey. I hope it will be autographed!

Diane

2012/2/29 23:24Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, as anold man and an old timer:no one on the internet had more insight of the bible orJesus than ron. his ability to meekly teach in love was brilliant.i mis him very much here on s.i.jimp

2012/2/29 23:36Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

"I volunteer to proofread the next book :)" hulsey

You're on! Are you reading the printed copy or the Kindle version?

2012/3/1 5:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Diane
would you mind telling us when you receive the book. I am interested in how long it takes with 'Printing on Demand' in the US. Thanks.

2012/3/1 5:54Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Diane
would you mind telling us when you receive the book. I am interested in how long it takes with 'Printing on Demand' in the US. Thanks.

I'll do that, Philologos.

Diane

2012/3/1 7:59Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Hi Ron,

I have the Kindle version. I'm almost through with chapter 6.

2012/3/1 10:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy