SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

Just to let others know that the print edition of The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey is now available at https://www.createspace.com/3554449

There's also a Kindle version available on Amazon.

Both the Kindle edition and the print edition are very reasonably priced.

Allan

2012/2/29 12:19Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: The Better Covenant by Ron Bailey

I have the kindle edition. It's an excellent book.

2012/2/29 15:40Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I see Greg has started another thread introducing The Better Covenant, so it is getting the attention it deserves.

Here is Robert Wurtz' review of the book on the Kindle site at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077RR14C

"The Better Covenant" is a refreshing and desperately needed review of the New Covenant, in an age of pop-Christianity. Endless subjects are covered in Christendom in our times, but very few deal directly with what God has accomplished with the New Covenant. Ron Bailey takes us on a journey from Genesis to the institution of the New Covenant demonstrating the majestic wisdom of God in dealing with man's Sin problem. This is a book thats time has come. For those interested in walking in the fulness of all that Christ has achieved for us through the New Covenant this is a must read. The materials found in this work are rarely if ever found in Christian publication. While the masses have moved on to other things, Mr. Bailey has turned our attention back to what matters most. He reminds us that the New Covenant is not an edition of the Old Covenant, but is in scriptural terminology, "A Better Covenant." Read this work slowly and prayerfully. Follow his reasoning resisting the temptation to jump to premature conclusions. I believe "The Better Covenant" is among the most insightful and necessary books that we can read and study in these desperate and troubling times. Its time to get back to the New Covenant in the fullest expression and provision that God ordained it for. You will be amazed and eternally blessed to discover what God has done!

2012/2/29 16:02Profile

Re:

I have not read Ron's book yet but after Robert's review I think I will :) It reminds me of a small but very powerful book by Andrew Murrey "The two Covenants." It was excellent.........bro Frank

2012/2/29 17:03
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

"I have not read Ron's book yet but after Robert's review I think I will :) It reminds me of a small but very powerful book by Andrew Murrey "The two Covenants." It was excellent.........bro Frank"

I included these quotes in a special preface to The Better Covenant...

The two covenants: Andrew Murray

"The New Covenant may become to us one of the windows of heaven through which we see into the face, into the very heart, of God."

"Blessed is the man who truly knows God as his Covenant God; who knows what the Covenant promises him; what unwavering confidence of expectation it secures, that all its terms will be fulfilled to him; what a claim and hold it gives him on the Covenant-keeping God Himself.

To many a man, who has never thought much of the Covenant, a true and living faith in it would mean the transformation of his whole life. The full knowledge of what God wants to do for him; the assurance that it will be done by an Almighty Power; the being drawn to God Himself in personal surrender, and dependence, and waiting to have it done; all this would make the Covenant the very gate of heaven. The Holy Spirit give us some vision of its glory."

Andrew Murray: "The Two Covenants" 1898

2012/3/1 5:27Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Just wanted to recommend this brother’s book reading the Kindle version and so enjoying it. I’m thinking to get the paper copy to give away. Its well worth the read.

2012/3/29 19:56Profile
roadsign

Re:

popping this back up ...

I finished Ron Bailey's book, and see it as a valuable tool for re-centering God's people on the Biblical essence of the evangelical faith. It puts everything back in perspective.

I also believe the content is informative and helpful for many of the discussion topics which surface repeatedly on SI.

Diane

2012/4/24 4:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy